Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

October 15th @ 9pm is being thrown around as the Season 10 premiere date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1304073635188084736?s=20

Guessing the start date will be officially revealed tomorrow

Just a trailer, no release date yet.

^ Someone managed to get a transcript of the rejection letter than Greg rips up..
    **The Taskmaster**

Taskmaster House

London TM10 4CH

Dear sirs,

We at Channel 4 regret to inform you that your show Taskmaster, is 'not fit for TV', therefore it will not be commissioned.

We don't really see the merit in gathering the finest comedic minds of a generation to ask them, 'How much watermelon can you eat in a minute?'. It's just not funny.

We wish you all the best in your endeavor to get this bizaare show onto the nation's screens. Please do stay in touch and feel free to share any less weird ideas with us in the future. If you have any shows that involve buying houses, building houses or selling houses that'd be great.

Regards

**Colin Missioner**
    Channel 4 Commissioner
    :D

Also, another episode of No More Jockeys, and it's a belter :D

• Advertisement

^ It's a weekly routine that myself and the missus watch it on a Friday night with a drink.

Will be missed when it's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Basq wrote: »
    ^ It's a weekly routine that myself and the missus watch it on a Friday night with a drink.

Will be missed when it's gone!

It has it's own youtube channel and they released a trailer for it yesterday which to me seems like it won't be going anywhere soon *fingers crossed*

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It has it's own youtube channel and they released a trailer for it yesterday which to me seems like it won't be going anywhere soon *fingers crossed*

Watson posted yesterday (in response to accusations he cheats because he's constantly holding a pen and possibly looking at his phone) that they've filmed up to Game 7 of Set 2. So we have at least 7 more episodes after Set 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent episode of No More Jockeys this week.

I really hope it never ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They’re screening series 11 for reaction audio in London in October.

• Advertisement

11 or 10?

I'm pretty sure they've already screened some of Series 10 for audience reaction, so hopefully these are just for later episodes and we'll still get a mid-October start at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Excellent episode of No More Jockeys this week.

I really hope it never ends.

When you think of it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Penn wrote: »
    11 or 10?

I'm pretty sure they've already screened some of Series 10 for audience reaction, so hopefully these are just for later episodes and we'll still get a mid-October start at the latest.

11. Just got an email about it. 10 was screened in September.

11. Just got an email about it. 10 was screened in September.

Wow. Had no idea it's been filmed already too.

Kinda makes me hope Channel 4 don't do what they do with some of their other shows and film so many in a year that they basically lose all meaning. I like the two series' a year model.

Yep..

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/taskmaster-series-11-screenings-tickets-122674987189

I've been rewatching all episodes over the last few weeks - series 6 (Levine, Chaudhry, Howard, Vine and Tarbuck) is definitely even worse on a rewatch. Not just contestants but there is some terrible tasks in there too.

Yep..

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/taskmaster-series-11-screenings-tickets-122674987189

I've been rewatching all episodes over the last few weeks - series 6 (Levine, Chaudhry, Howard, Vine and Tarbuck) is definitely even worse on a rewatch. Not just contestants but there is some terrible tasks in there too.

Yeah that was what really damaged that series. Pretty much every task they did in the pub or community centre was just awful from the start, never mind how bland some of their efforts at the tasks were.

Yeah that was what really damaged that series. Pretty much every task they did in the pub or community centre was just awful from the start, never mind how bland some of their efforts at the tasks were.
    Yeah.. when you watch the others series alongside it, it just reeks of laziness.

Like you said - the pub and community centre surroundings were overused, and some of the tasks I’d barely consider tasks - they lacked any innovation or uniqueness (e.g "remove a five pound note from underneath a pint glass").

Yeah.. when you watch the others series alongside it, it just reeks of laziness.

Like you said - the pub and community centre surroundings were overused, and some of the tasks I’d barely consider tasks - they lacked any innovation or uniqueness (e.g "remove a five pound note from underneath a pint glass").

That one especially felt to me like one of those tasks they might have done in order to use as a tie-breaker, but then put in the main show. Sometimes that works, like I imagine the one in series 7 where they had to not blink was probably done for that reason but then given what Rhod did they made it a full task.

I read Alex before saying there are a lot of tasks filmed each series which never get shown because they just didn't work or everyone did the same sort of thing. I guess that happened a lot during series 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

A fair few tasks in season 7 weren't great but they worked cause the contestants were completely mad.

If you go straight from season 6 to season 7,the difference is night and day. In season 6 none of them really cared how well they did but in season 7 they all wanted to win and were always moaning and complaining if they felt they got screwed over which made it a lot more entertaining.

• Advertisement

Back on the 15th so not long to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So, realistically we'll know the series 11 contestants in the next few weeks as well then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wonder is season 11 champion of champions or just a normal season?

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So, realistically we'll know the series 11 contestants in the next few weeks as well then?

I know what they've done before is shown the next set of contestants after the final episode of the current series, but if they're soon filming audience reactions I'd be surprised if it doesn't leak before.

I know what they've done before is shown the next set of contestants after the final episode of the current series, but if they're soon filming audience reactions I'd be surprised if it doesn't leak before.

Yeah, that's my thinking.

siblers wrote: »
    I wonder is season 11 champion of champions or just a normal season?

Never thought of that. The first Champions series was only a couple of episodes long though, whereas series 11 looks to be a full blown 10 episode season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

If I'm remembering correctly, I think Season 6 and Season 7 casts were both released before Season 6 even started airing. It probably just depends on when everything is filmed and when things are being aired.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Never thought of that. The first Champions series was only a couple of episodes long though, whereas series 11 looks to be a full blown 10 episode season.
    Read an message on Reddit somewhere where Horne was interviewed (for Taskmaster book I believe) and he indicated he wasn’t really a fan of how Champions of Champions was done, and he doesn’t think they’d do another.

Read an message on Reddit somewhere where Horne was interviewed (for Taskmaster book I believe) and he indicated he wasn’t really a fan of how Champions of Champions was done, and he doesn’t think they’d do another.

Really? I enjoyed it a lot. I think you do need a good mix of different types of contestants and just using previous winners probably takes that out of your hands, but I still thought it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The fact it was so short was an issue for me with the champions shows - didn't allow people get into their stride.

I'd prefer an all-stars though with the best contestants so far. Who would you have for that?

Advertisement