Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No More Jockeys the drought is over, I don't mind it actually.
    "Rupert Grint"...

.. amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Basq wrote: »
    "Rupert Grint"...

.. amazing! :D

You could tell both weeks Mark was biting his tongue about the reprieves! I'd quite happily watch a less edited version, must be well over an hour with all the arsing about.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hope they bring back past contestants and discuss those episodes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Podcast out on Thursday, but does that mean morning or night? Is it pre-show or post-show listening? Ed Gamble is a good choice to host...

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Podcast out on Thursday, but does that mean morning or night? Is it pre-show or post-show listening? Ed Gamble is a good choice to host...

After the show, 10pm release I think. They'll be directly discussing that episode each week so don't listen to podcast until you've watched the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Penn wrote: »
    After the show, 10pm release I think. They'll be directly discussing that episode each week so don't listen to podcast until you've watched the episode.

I really liked Ed, had the right level of taking it seriously, to going deranged and self-debasing, while flipping back to nice guy, might have been a bit too self aware.

Iain Sterling just had 10 weeks watching himself and realizing he wasn't a very nice person when being competitive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

astrofool wrote: »
    I really liked Ed, had the right level of taking it seriously, to going deranged and self-debasing, while flipping back to nice guy, might have been a bit too self aware.

Iain Sterling just had 10 weeks watching himself and realizing he wasn't a very nice person when being competitive :)

Where did he say that? Was it an interview?

Ian probably saved season 08 to be fair

siblers wrote: »
    Where did he say that? Was it an interview?
    He mentioned it numerous times in the series..

.. was constantly cranky and complaining to Lou Sanders.

Oh, Happy Taskmaster Day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

.. was constantly cranky and complaining to Lou Sanders.

You could tell he didn't like her and I can't say I blame him, I found her incredibly annoying.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    You could tell he didn't like her and I can't say I blame him, I found her incredibly annoying.
    Ah, I liked Lou. Thought she was funny.

Though easily done when compared to the likes Of Sinha and Gibson.

She was quite abrasive but she did go all out on the tasks. Herself and Ian are so stubborn they were always going to clash on team tasks. Was clever to put them on the same team

I don't think there was any issue or dislike between them, they just had very different ways of doing the tasks and I think Ian came across far worse than he'd intended.

I thought Lou was great overall. Yeah, bit annoying in parts, but at least she had a personality unlike some of the others who've been on it.

It's.. almost.. here!

Also, fair play Dave!

https://twitter.com/davechannel/status/1316750438608392193?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Richard Herring is doing a live stream commentary here

https://www.twitch.tv/rkherring

The lack of an audience is definitely jarring..

Mawaan's cow trick was very clever, if he came up with that on the spot it was impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Skid X wrote: »
    Mawaan's cow trick was very clever, if he came up with that on the spot it was impressive.

Then he goes in the complete opposite direction by trying to fill an egg with helium

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Vegas is a pain in the ass.

Not sure if she's always like that or just because she's pregnant, but Daisy constantly looking like she's going to p*ss herself laughing really makes me laugh.

• Advertisement

Maybe I expected too much.. but wasn't great..

Lack of a crowd definitely doesn't help so a bit unfair to be too critical but not one of the better episodes, it might be a slow burner but they all just seem too nice. Needs someone like Rhod Gilbert or Ian Stirling

Maybe I expected too much.. but wasn't great..

Its definitely a jarring change with the lack of audience (even the recorded laughter just seems a lot more muted and reserved than normal) and everyone spread out, just adds to a weird disconnect between everyone, rarely seeing them in the same shot. Greg was on proper form though, he was great.

^ Thought the same.. way too nice. Look at the live task for example.. you wouldn't have had many contestants from the previous series help each other. It's a competition people!
    Greg was on proper form though, he was great.
    He's always firing on all cylinders!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Greg was on proper form though, he was great.

He carried the episode, more so than usual, which is probably a reflection of the panel at the time, there was little entertainment from them.

The podcast is up now, Little Alex Horne is the guest

Skid X wrote: »
    The podcast is up now, Little Alex Horne is the guest

Let us know if it's any good. Was going to listen to it but as the episode wasn't great it put me off

Hurrache wrote: »
    He carried the episode, more so than usual, which is probably a reflection of the panel at the time, there was little entertainment from them.

Similar to season 6. Him and Alex carried that season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Its definitely a jarring change with the lack of audience (even the recorded laughter just seems a lot more muted and reserved than normal) and everyone spread out, just adds to a weird disconnect between everyone, rarely seeing them in the same shot. Greg was on proper form though, he was great.

The lack of an audience really affects things in ways you’d almost not notice
    Mawaan actually made some nice gags that were missed by the small number of people in the room, but would have been recognised by a live audience
    Without the laugh creating a natural break, they just kept going and it almost felt like they were talking over him

Hopefully they figure it out as they go along and next week will be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I don't know, seem to be against the majority here but I loved it.

No crowd is odd but I got over that fairly quickly. Given that most interactions are and always have been close ups, it didn't bother me. They rarely ever pan to the crowd so was only a slightly different background now and then.

Can't wait for next week already.

Advertisement