Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Below average episode for me too.

Think Vegas was the most entertaining in terms of the contestants and i expect the same throughout the series. Think Mawaan and Daisy have potential though.

I really liked it. Maybe not the most powerful start and definitely a bit off without a live audience but really good nonetheless. I love Daisy May and everytime she was laughing, I was laughing with her. Will give the podcast a listen tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

siblers wrote: »
    Let us know if it's any good. Was going to listen to it but as the episode wasn't great it put me off

Worth a listen for any Taskmaster devotee

They went through each task in detail, Alex says he worded the "without spilling a drop" task badly and he thinks Greg scored the disappearing task harshly

Nice to hear Alex talking about the workings of Taskmaster, the future episodes will have former contestants who maybe will be able to poke more fun at this years crop than Alex did (Nish is the next guest)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Latest episode on the Taskmaster Youtube channel. Was not expecting that so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Latest episode on the Taskmaster Youtube channel. Was not expecting that so soon.
    Yep, interesting to see it both on 4OD and Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Think a very good episode of No More Jockeys this morning has made up for a middling Taskmaster.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Enjoyed the first episode. Think all the contestants have potential. The ‘live’ bits will defo struggle without an audience to play off but they all seem into the tasks so that’s a good thing. Vegas can be awful if he’s not arsed but I don’t mind him going crazy. Decent opener

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I enjoyed it. Tasks were daft which I like but I felt the show suffered for the lack of audience and the space between everyone. Still, that's not the shows fault. Greg on fine form as always.

My picks for the season are Richard and Mawaan ( loved how he did his disappearing task)

Think a very good episode of No More Jockeys this morning has made up for a middling Taskmaster.

Mary Magdalene was closer to a cake than was indicated!

On reflection, the eggs task (albeit low, or no, scoring) was the only task I really enjoyed.

Make the largest object disappear felt familiar, and no-one really thought outside the box (i.e block the sun?).

• Advertisement

All the past episodes are on On Demand i think too. Might be good if people had any suggestions on particularly good episodes to post them up here. May have alot of free time over the next few weeks!

Season 2 Episode 3 a particular favourite of mine with the mayor!

Degag wrote: »
    All the past episodes are on On Demand i think too. Might be good if people had any suggestions on particularly good episodes to post them up here. May have alot of free time over the next few weeks!
    If you've not seen it before, go from the first series.

Due to it's setup, there is no "episode" as a whole I could recommend. Lots of good individual tasks but they're spread across all 9 series to be fair.

Basq wrote: »
    If you've not seen it before, go from the first series.

Due to it's setup, there is no "episode" as a whole I could recommend. Lots of good individual tasks but they're spread across all 9 series to be fair.

Yeah, i've seen it all. I just remember there being some really strong individual episodes but just can't remember which!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, i've seen it all. I just remember there being some really strong individual episodes but just can't remember which!

Definitely "The Perfect Stuff" from Series 7 has to be up there.

In fact most of series 7. All of series 7. Series 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Joe Wilkinson - Potato in a hole (S02E01) :D

And anything with Tim Key cheating in season 1.

Diff'rent strokes and all that but I loved the season with Bob Mortimer.

First new episode was alright. Tasks were a bit dull but the contestants all seem to be up for laugh so far which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really enjoyed that episode it always takes an episode or two for the chemistry to kick in Daisy May Cooper is good fun though!. Mawaan I like his standup and he was pretty good craic too.

I don't think Richard Herring adds anything at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Maybe I expected too much.. but wasn't great..
    It's just another programme that is different now because of Covid. I miss normal Taskmaster. :(
    I'm sorry they left Dave too, since Dave helped the programme get off the ground in the first place.
    maudgonner wrote: »
    Joe Wilkinson - Potato in a hole (S02E01) :D

And anything with Tim Key cheating in season 1.
    I recently watched the series with Rhod Gilbert and James Acaster again, have just finished re-watching series 1 and am starting on series 2. The quality is another level!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I wasn't that impressed. Cast isn't great, or at least haven't made much of an impression yet. All in all, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Podcast well worth a listen. Interesting to hear Alex speak about the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Looks like they're still all enjoying themselves anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Was wondering why catherine looked like she was crying. That explains it!

I try not to have too high hopes for the first episode. Just watched it there and thought it was good.
    Also didnt really care there was no live audience.
    I'm just glad its back

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Was wondering why catherine looked like she was crying. That explains it!

Yeah same! I thought it was so weird at the time that she'd clearly been crying! :D That clears that up!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

She could end up being a great contestant. She seems a lot of fun and her laughter is infectious.

After watching the first episode a few times (yeah.. always an easy watch), I think Mawaan could be an MVP.

Oh, and EVERYONE needs to watch 'This Country'.. hilarious and fresh especially given how overused the mockumentary format has been done in recent years.

Fun fact: Daisy May Cooper also does the voice of Kerry's mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Penn wrote: »
    She could end up being a great contestant. She seems a lot of fun and her laughter is infectious.

She's also one of the best things in Armando Iannucci's Avenue 5.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    She's also one of the best things in Armando Iannucci's Avenue 5.
    Which isn't saying much... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Oh, and EVERYONE needs to watch 'This Country'.. hilarious and fresh especially given how overused the mockumentary format has been done in recent years.

Fun fact: Daisy May Cooper also does the voice of Kerry's mother.

Absolutely love this country!

Get your Mum to say tomato!

The cameo as Kurtans nan was amazing too

Advertisement