Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gmisk wrote: »
    Get your Mum to say tomato!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Basq wrote: »
    After watching the first episode a few times (yeah.. always an easy watch), I think Mawaan could be an MVP.

He already seems deadly, he could be a great mix of terrible and brilliant at the same time.

Richard Herring will probably win though, get the feeling he will be a steady scoring contestant and get 3 or more points on most tasks. Hope I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

E4 are showing a repeat from Series 1 now while Dave has Series 4 this week

Unusual (but good) to see so many repeats on different stations. I'm envious of anyone who is new to Taskmaster, they have a lot to catch up on.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Richard Herring will probably win though, get the feeling he will be a steady scoring contestant and get 3 or more points on most tasks. Hope I'm wrong though!
    Myself and the missus were going to have a friendly bet / small wager on who will win..

.. and we both said Richard Herring! :D

Daisy May Cooper could be in with a shot though..

Oh.. for those who are interested.. Taskmaster New Zealand started last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Enjoyed this week's episode way more than the first one. Johnny Vegas standing in the dinghy and trying to propel himself by hip thrusting is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Struggling with this season, think it's weaker than season 6 which is saying something Richard Herring adds nothing and Mawaan is a bit too cocky.

Bit disappointed by Johnny Vegas, guess he's not quite as mad as he was before.

Katherine and Daisy are enjoyable, I'd be surprised if Daisy doesn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

2 episodes in, it's all falling a bit flat for me. Haven't really laughed, maybe the lack of a studio audience is partly to blame so I'm trying to give it a chance. Having said that, I'm starting to feel that the contestants are all a bit crap, and not in the so hopelessly crap they're funny way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

skipper_G wrote: »
    2 episodes in, it's all falling a bit flat for me. Haven't really laughed, maybe the lack of a studio audience is partly to blame so I'm trying to give it a chance. Having said that, I'm starting to feel that the contestants are all a bit crap, and not in the so hopelessly crap they're funny way

I'm not sure if the lack of a live crowd is making all that much of a difference, apart from maybe the live tasks. I just don't think this group have the chemistry that other groups have. I think Daisy would have been great in season 7, I'm enjoying her so far but she doesn't have much to work with.

Katherine is entertaining in how she approaches tasks but she's quite reserved in studio.

None of them seem overly competitive. They're all too nice to each other. I thought Richard might have been a bit more into it as he's a big fan of the show (compared to James Acaster or Ed Gamble) and they are all so polite to Greg. Could do with some Acaster esque outbursts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It's not one of the better seasons so far but it's no Season 6 surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm definitely enjoying it anyway. Think it still has potential to be a decent series. Not having the audience in the room was always going to have an effect. But Greg is still on great form, there's some good banter between him and the contestants (even if no arguments have broken out yet), and they're all trying to take on the tasks in fairly different ways and giving it a proper go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    It's not one of the better seasons so far but it's no Season 6 surely
    I'm trying to remember which one was series 6. :/

I have watched every series, but I missed the one that Paul Sinha was in... I don't think I'll bother finding it online though, it doesn't seem to have been too good!

Posy wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember which one was series 6. :/

I have watched every series, but I missed the one that Paul Sinha was in... I don't think I'll bother finding it online though, it doesn't seem to have been too good!

Series 6 was the one with Liza Tarbuck, Tim Vine & Russell Howard.

Paul Sinha was series 8. It wasn't great overall, but definitely had some great moments.

Dear God.. awful muck!

Rose Matafeo is clearly the only worthwhile comedian in New Zealand.

Only worth watching if you want to listen to silly New Zealand accents for 45 minutes.. is that racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dear God.. awful muck!

Only worth watching if you want to listen to silly New Zealand accents for 45 minutes.. is that racist?
    Rhys Darby
    Jermaine Clement
    Taika Waititi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Never watched it and put the new series on last night. Loving it! Dont know how we never watched it before! Which season should we watch next??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Never watched it and put the new series on last night. Loving it! Dont know how we never watched it before! Which season should we watch next??

The first 4 seasons are excellent, season 3 in particular is my personal favourite.

gmisk wrote: »
    Rhys Darby
    Jermaine Clement
    Taika Waititi
    I think the 3 of them are probably a bit too high profile for Taskmaster.. bar potentially Rhys.

But yeah, good call!

I would honestly just go from the start.
    They are all fun imo.
    With a couple of dud series but still with great bits (series 8 for me was weak)

Yeah I'd agree with gmisk, just start from the beginning. Out of 9 series, most are great to fantastic. Series 6 and 8 are weaker but still have some great moments and are still worth checking out.

• Advertisement

I genuinely envy people only discovering it.. and get to watch it all from the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Zaph wrote: »
    Enjoyed this week's episode way more than the first one. Johnny Vegas standing in the dinghy and trying to propel himself by hip thrusting is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the show.

Yeah, it was so much better than the first episode, pretty fun throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Really enjoyed the latest episode. A marked step up from the first one. Vegas, Daisy and Mawaan the best for me. The other two not doing it for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If people haven't listened already the podcast is a good addition to the taskmaster experience. Little Alex Horne was guest in episode 1, Nish Kumar for episode 2 and Jo Brand will be episode 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dear God.. awful muck!

I actually thought it was pretty decent. Not as good as the UK version (which would be a tall order), but far far superior to the US version.

The Taskmaster himself was far too wooden and dull as dishwater, but Alex-lite was enjoyable enough, and I genuinely liked all 5 contestants and thought the tasks were good. If the Taskmaster himself loosens up a bit as time goes on, it could end up being a pretty great series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

I was a little concerned about this season, not knowing the contestants well bar Vegas and Parkinson.

It's been an odd one with the covid stuff, but found myself laughing mostly at how much they're all laughing at each other. Davis's little commentaries after the videos have been especially funny this season.

So far, very enjoyable, not the very best but extremely far from s8 (the worst imo).

Fun second episode.
    Daisy and Mawaan still best fun for me.
    Loved the rubber dingies task.
    Greg Davies is so quick witted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Loving tonight's one. Never heard of Mawan until recently. He seems to have been on everything the last couple of weeks. He is funny though.

Loving tonight's one. Never heard of Mawan until recently. He seems to have been on everything the last couple of weeks. He is funny though.
    It's fun so far isn't it!.
    I first saw him do standup on harry hills club nite.
    https://youtu.be/A293gwvhFLM
    Him and Daisy are excellent imo.

• Advertisement

Daisy at the drawing task! Lol

Advertisement