Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Better episode tonight. Katherine Parkinson is great, Johnny Vegas was very good too. Their competitive side is starting to come out

I think Richard Herring might be one the most forgettable contestant to be on this show. Along with Sian Gibson and Katy Wixx

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

siblers wrote: »
    Better episode tonight. Katherine Parkinson is great, Johnny Vegas was very good too. Their competitive side is starting to come out

I think Richard Herring might be one the most forgettable contestant to be on this show. Along with Sian Gibson and Katy Wixx
    Agree he adds absolutely nothing

gmisk wrote: »
    Agree he adds absolutely nothing

Which is kinda odd considering how much he's being trying to get on the show. Was expecting him to be a bit mad like James Acaster or Ed Gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Which is kinda odd considering how much he's being trying to get on the show. Was expecting him to be a bit mad like James Acaster or Ed Gamble
    I love Herring's podcast RHLSTP..

.. but he was never going to be mad like Acaster or Gamble.

He's an off-kilter and often insightful interviewer and that's when he's at his best.. he's not even a great comedian to be honest.

Daisy was brilliant in this episode..

.. the upside down chicken movie and soundtrack, the catapult of the shoe, spaghetti inside the fruit and the madness during the drawing task.

All star performance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think its too soon to write Herring off. Plenty more of him to see.

Best episode of the season so far. Catapult task had me in stitches.

Basq wrote: »
    I love Herring's podcast RHLSTP..

.. but he was never going to be mad like Acaster or Gamble.

He's an off-kilter and often insightful interviewer and that's when he's at his best.. he's not even a great comedian to be honest.

I thought he'd be a bit more into it or be a bit more aware of how the show works. For a super fan he just adds nothing but I hope to be proven wrong

I think Greg's judging is a bit off at times so far. How did Daisy outscore Richard on the upside down task?

It was similar to last week when Mawaan outscored Daisy on the balloon task

Oh talking about people who I would like to see....Adam Buxton would be good!

I think its too soon to write Herring off. Plenty more of him to see.

Best episode of the season so far. Catapult task had me in stitches.
    Maybe it is the edit who knows.
    I watched series 2 again not that long ago....it needs a Joe Wilkinson!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Fun episode. Have enjoyed all 3 so far this series but this might’ve been the best. Good variety in the tasks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Or the ultimate in forgetfulness: Alice Levine

Good episode again although the upsidedown one was a bit meh. Made up by the catapult one.

All the contestants growing on me know marring Richard.

gmisk wrote: »
    Maybe it is the edit who knows.
    I watched series 2 again not that long ago....it needs a Joe Wilkinson!

Love Joe Wilkinson! Great on Cats Does Countdown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Did Johnny and Katherine catapult correctly though? Daisy got VERY lucky to get 2 points for the upside down task, harsh on Herring's effort.

The catapult task was great and you could see Alex Horne was happy Johnny Vegas came out of it OK, health and safety wise!

What was the wording of the spaghetti task? I was watching it thinking that in series gone past Alex would have actually weighed the spaghetti inside the fruit. Seemed a bit of a cop out to count the stuff sticking out aswell.

Rewatching Season 1 at the moment. God it was so good, all really good contestants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Degag wrote: »
    Rewatching Season 1 at the moment. God it was so good, all really good contestants!

Agreed!

Was watching the 2nd one today myself, the current one (while still fine so far) is lacking a lot of the fizz, and belly laughs of the earlier ones.

For me, in later series there is a bit less "thinking outside the box" as earlier series. I also think that quality of the tasks themselves my not be quite as good either.

Also it's also really evident how competitive the contestants in the first series are against eachother (and with Greg when scoring). That doesn't really come across as much in later episodes either.

Oh man, had forgotten this task with Rob Beckett's accents..

https://youtu.be/tWiM3xwixgo?t=172

GOLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Don't think much of this reverse interview stuff.. not giving me many laughs so far!

• Advertisement

Good episode tonight, main tasks were very good but the prize task was awful. The prize tasks this season have all been pretty bad.

Richard and Mawaan should have gotten 1 and 2 points for the balloon task instead of 3 and 4 points. Annoyed me more than it should have

Started slow, but gained traction. Loved the balloon task, was well edited, probably my fav so far this season.

The contestants overall, for me, are all a little bland, with occasional bouts of hilarity. It might have something to do with the tasks, im not sure yet, still only episode 4.

Davis is absolutely carrying it this season for me, all the best humour is coming from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Did anyone notice that the stage extension bit had a plaque saying The Knappett? Obviously from when Jessica Knappett took a tumble...

dulpit wrote: »
    I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Did anyone notice that the stage extension bit had a plaque saying The Knappett? Obviously from when Jessica Knappett took a tumble...

Ha! Did not, well spotted!

Thought the tasks were particularly poor this week bar the balloon task.

Davis is on top form but Daisy-May Cooper is hilarious too!

The telephone one was quite bad. It was tricky to follow exactly, and had little room for outside the box thinking.(in fact, ultimately Mawan shot himself in the foot for doing so).

Only Johnny managed to pull any kind of humour from it.

So yeah, now that I think more on it, I feel the tasks might be limiting the contestants from being as funny as they can be.

But a lot of sympathy for Alex and the team, can't be easy to think of so many funny and original tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm enjoying this series.

I wish they'd give Daisy a more comfortable chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I do think the tasks have been very poor overall. I often catch a few minutes of the repeats on Dave a couple times a week and the tasks are infinitely better. I think the cast are pretty decent, they're just not getting much of a chance to shine because of the tasks.

I'm actually really enjoying the New Zealand version a lot. The first episode is a bit iffy, but it improves a lot in episodes 2 and 3 once everyone settles in and relax a bit (I suppose I've gotten used to them a bit more too which helps). The tasks overall have been really strong on it though.

Have the contestants all secretly agreed to bring in the worst items possible? :pac:

Thought the phone task would be funnier. The final task was one of the better ones in a while. The tension!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have the contestants all secretly agreed to bring in the worst items possible? :pac:

I think that's been the most disappointing part of this series. Only for Greg managing to drag bits of humour out of it, none of them (bar Johnny's one-armed-bandit) have brought in anything interesting or unique.

Still enjoying it on the whole though. Johnny is really saving a lot of these tasks from being duds, maybe followed by Daisy too who is a joy to watch. Mawaan can be hit or miss. Katherine is okay, and Richard is just bland which is a shame.

Advertisement