Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very funny episode.
    I thought the water challenge was excellent Mawaan really thinking outside the box on the tasks.
    I like them all bar Richard Herring...he does absolutely nothing original or funny to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see E4 call this Taskmaster Bleeped!

Rosalind (is a ****ing nightmare) was just a contestant on the chase. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Familiar face on The Chase...

skjnbw6hz7161.jpg

D'oh.. missed BuileBeag's comment.

EDIT: Jokes ensue..

https://twitter.com/MrNishKumar/status/1331325730198786048?s=19
    https://twitter.com/watsoncomedian/status/1331284613713498113?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I see E4 call this Taskmaster Bleeped!

It's a different version, it's edited for daytime showing and kids.

I did know that! :)

Patchy episode again last night I thought.

In other news, Christmas Special on the way: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a34724594/taskmaster-christmas-special-lineup-channel-4/

Lineup TBA.

Was hoping someone would point out that in Katherine's marble run the marble technically stopped each time it changed direction. :pac:

Christ the last task must've been horrific in real time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think Greg's description of Daisy and Richard as an old married couple is become more and more accurate :D

• Advertisement

I liked this weeks episode, the in studio one was really good.

Richard pointless as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There'll be a one-off comedian-free special for new years;

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not a great line up but could be worse. As its only one episode, the line up isn't that overly important

Other than Shirley Ballas, it's fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Only familiar with Hannah and Guru-Murthy, the latter for only because of that "interview" with Tarantino.

Still, could be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

An unexpected Greg Davies cameo on Taskmaster NZ this week (Season 1, Episode 7), a show which has really come in to its own (it does take a couple of episodes for everyone to relax), and I look forward to it every week as much as the UK version, so definitely still recommend it for those who can't get enough Taskmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

An unexpected Greg Davies cameo on Taskmaster NZ this week (Season 1, Episode 7), a show which has really come in to its own (it does take a couple of episodes for everyone to relax), and I look forward to it every week as much as the UK version, so definitely still recommend it for those who can't get enough Taskmaster.

Is it being shown here anywhere? Or are other methods required?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Is it being shown here anywhere? Or are other methods required?

Don't think it has been shown this side of the pond yet. I regularly fly over to New Zealand myself anyway, so have been able to watch it from the official source. I reckon if you're used to sailing the seven seas though, you may stumble upon it in one of your usual spots... ;)

This acting thing is the worst task that's ever been on the show.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Penn wrote: »
    This acting thing is the worst task that's ever been on the show.

Totally agree. It's a sh*t task made worse by the fact that it's being drawn out for so long.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Totally agree. It's a sh*t task made worse by the fact that it's being drawn out for so long.

Katherine inadvertently redeemed it somewhat by just not learning her lines, and Greg's comments about Richard at the end helped, but f*ck it was a painful watch.

My mother phoned me during the first task so I missed most of that one. If only she'd waited another 10 minutes...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Even the final task was crap. That will definitely go down as the worst episode ever.

I loved the mini drama, Herring is definitely going to be nominated for a BAFTA

The monologue task was good in theory but didn't really work at all.

Richard was impressive but didn't make for great television

Even the final task was crap. That will definitely go down as the worst episode ever.

Yeah. Easily the worst episode in any series

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Pretty poor episode alright. They can use the tasks in whatever show they want, so I don't know why they don't spread some of the duff tasks out among the whole series instead of lumping them all in together.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Pretty poor episode alright. They can use the tasks in whatever show they want, so I don't know why they don't spread some of the duff tasks out among the whole series instead of lumping them all in together.

This season has had a lot of fairly bad tasks. The ones they didn't pick must be very bad

siblers wrote: »
    The monologue task was good in theory but didn't really work at all.

Richard was impressive but didn't make for great television

At best, they should have done it only with Richard, as one of those "Here's a task we only got one of the contestants to do".

Penn wrote: »
    At best, they should have done it only with Richard, as one of those "Here's a task we only got one of the contestants to do".

They haven't done any of those solo tasks this season. Would have worked very well as an individual task for Richard alright.

• Advertisement

Not for me...at least a couple of worse episodes in series 6 and 8.
    The acting task wasn't great, and far too long it was a good idea though.
    Katherine was fun she couldn't be bothered and in fairness to Richard Herring he did amazingly to remember his lines.
    I enjoyed the last task.

Advertisement