Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I wish they'd give Daisy a more comfortable chair.

I only really noticed that this week from some of the side angles,

I hope they at least offered her a slightly better chair. Or a throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

To be fair, the revelation at the end of the first task and the "moment of silence" bit was very funny.

Shame about that dreadful acting task..

How much of this series was recorded before restrictions? I don't want to make excuses but I wonder how much the group tasks have been affected. Even some of the individual tasks might have been done by a few contestants but then scrapped if re-creating them was difficult.
    Really poor season in terms of tasks IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

How much of this series was recorded before restrictions? I don't want to make excuses but I wonder how much the group tasks have been affected. Even some of the individual tasks might have been done by a few contestants but then scrapped if re-creating them was difficult.
    Really poor season in terms of tasks IMO.

Richard and Daisy's group tasks were before restrictions. The other teams were when restrictions were in place.

For what it's worth - Taskmaster NZ has definitely come into its own in the last few episodes IMO. Some fantastic tasks in there for one.

Also just learned that Paul Williams, aka "NZ's Little Alex Horne", is a very talented musician as well as well as comedian.

(spot 1 UK contestant, and 1 NZ contestant in the video)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    For what it's worth - Taskmaster NZ has definitely come into its own in the last few episodes IMO. Some fantastic tasks in there for one.

The tasks have been class, but the banter between the contestants, Jeremy, and Paul in studio has also been great and shows how poor this season of Taskmaster UK has been in contrast.

I didn't really warm to her style of humour in the early episodes, but Angella has quickly become my favourite in recent weeks. The chemistry and awkwardness between herself and Paul is fantastic. :D
    Also just learned that Paul Williams, aka "NZ's Little Alex Horne", is a very talented musician as well as well as comedian.

(spot 1 UK contestant, and 1 NZ contestant in the video)

Oh wow, didn't realise he was a proper proper musician, and not just a musical comedian. That's quite a catchy song, I like it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Where are you guys watching Taskmaster NZ. Is it on any of the streaming services, or does one need to have a word with the cousin in New Zealand?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Zaph wrote: »
    Where are you guys watching Taskmaster NZ. Is it on any of the streaming services, or does one need to have a word with the cousin in New Zealand?

Yeah, having cousins in New Zealand is very helpful in these matters...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Just another reinforcement that humour is subjective, I really enjoyed the acting task.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hurrache wrote: »
    Just another reinforcement that humour is subjective, I really enjoyed the acting task.

I think it was funny, it was just way too long for what it was. Would have been better showing a highlight video and fitting another task in where the other two videos were.

• Advertisement

^ This...

.. normally 4 tasks a show. Only 3 as a result of it.

It's probably happened before but irked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Basq wrote: »
    ^ This...

.. normally 4 tasks a show. Only 3 as a result of it.

It's probably happened before but irked me!

It has been 3 tasks a show this season. Just think the coconut one was a lot shorter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Greg's true feelings about that ep

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

A better episode this week.

"So be it".

Pretty good episode tonight. Mawaan is very impressive at times, taking the doorbell was very clever.

The door task was a small bit drawn out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Enjoyed that episode a lot. Much more well balanced. Some of the tasks this season seem largely unachievable though and needlessly convoluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

After a week off, No More Jockeys is back on the you tube. Festive special. (Christmas Jumpers and the odd Christmassy answer)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Listened to the Taskmaster podcast this morning. Katie Wix was the guest, she was better on the podcast than her run on last series...

Interesting tidbit - the live task was suggested by the child of a future contestant. So either someone from the New Year's special or someone from series 11?

dulpit wrote: »
    Listened to the Taskmaster podcast this morning. Katie Wix was the guest, she was better on the podcast than her run on last series...

Interesting tidbit - the live task was suggested by the child of a future contestant. So either someone from the New Year's special or someone from series 11?

The best thing about season 10 is the Podcast. It is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Richard 2 points clear..... bah. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that he would have a decent chance of winning because he'll be pretty average at all the tasks and will pick up very few one pointers. Looks to be coming true!

Rewatched S7 there recently. All the contestants so good in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

So series 11 line up....

Charlotte Ritchie
    Jamali Maddix
    Lee Mack
    Mike Wozniak
    Sarah Kendall

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That final task was proper tense.

Daisy May faced defeat as would have been expected

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1339691117881614336

So series 11 line up....

Charlotte Ritchie
    Jamali Maddix
    Lee Mack
    Mike Wozniak
    Sarah Kendall

Comments from people who have seen season 11 have said Mike Wozniak is meant to be very, very good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Looks like Champion of Champions is coming back too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

some banal tasks partly saved by Parkinson :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I've been pretty leniant on this series but bloody heck, karaoke? For the final episode? That's poor. Not even an interesting twist, just karaoke.

I know Richard has been getting a lot of flack so far and I don't think he's been great but honestly I think he himself lost interest and realised how poor some of the tasks have been. It's a shame because I like all the contestants, Mawan and Daisy especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

some banal tasks partly saved by Parkinson :/

".... Am I the spider?....."

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I've been pretty leniant on this series but bloody heck, karaoke? For the final episode? That's poor. Not even an interesting twist, just karaoke.

With it being a team task and Richard and daisy being on the same team it was an irrelevant task anyway.

There were too many team tasks
    Richard and Daisy had a distinct advantage with them too, the karaoke one was pretty boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So series 11 line up....

Charlotte Ritchie
    Jamali Maddix
    Lee Mack
    Mike Wozniak
    Sarah Kendall
    Very interesting!
    Frayed the series that Sarah Kendall was in recently is excellent, Charlotte Ritchie should be fun as well.
    I must admit to not being a huge Lee Mack fan.

Advertisement