Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Only me watching the live stream of James Acaster's latest show last night so? Was on from 8pm to after 10. Was really good!

Anyways - Daisy was robbed. Her grapefruit frustration during the live task was warranted. Gutted!

Katherine was very funny in this one I thought too.

Decent line up next series - Lee Mack is one of the quickest comedians around (anyone who watches WILTY knows this), Charlotte Ritchie is very good in Ghosts (another very good series with some TM alumni including Katy Wix and Lolly Adefope), Jamili Maddix I'm familiar with but wouldn't say I find him particularly funny, Mike Wozniak I know from Greg's sitcom Man Down and I've absolutely no idea who Sarah Kendall is.

An unofficial TM twitter account tweeted about Champion of Champions 2, but Gamble seem to retweet and confirm it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Basq wrote: »
    Only me watching the live stream of James Acaster's latest show last night so? Was on from 8pm to after 10. Was really good!

No, we watched it as well, it was surprisingly dark but absolutely superb. Saw a few people online afterwards saying it was the best comedy show they'd ever seen.

Zaph wrote: »
    No, we watched it as well, it was surprisingly dark but absolutely superb. Saw a few people online afterwards saying it was the best comedy show they'd ever seen.
    For sure.. very dark in parts. Genuinely felt bad for laughing at him during Bake Off now knowing what he was going through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

For sure.. very dark in parts. Genuinely felt bad for laughing at him during Bake Off now knowing what he was going through.

Must watch it, wasn't able to watch it live. Wonder if there will be an option to buy it for download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyways - Daisy was robbed. Her grapefruit frustration during the live task was warranted. Gutted!

Katherine was very funny in this one I thought too.

Decent line up next series - Lee Mack is one of the quickest comedians around (anyone who watches WILTY knows this), Charlotte Ritchie is very good in Ghosts (another very good series with some TM alumni including Katy Wix and Lolly Adefope), Jamili Maddix I'm familiar with but wouldn't say I find him particularly funny, Mike Wozniak I know from Greg's sitcom Man Down and I've absolutely no idea who Sarah Kendall is.

An unofficial TM twitter account tweeted about Champion of Champions 2, but Gamble seem to retweet and confirm it.

Definitely looking forward to Lee Mack. From WILTY to Cats Does Countdown, he's amazingly funny off-the-cuff. Jamali Maddox I've seen a little bit of. The rest I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Fun last episode
    Katherine Parkinson very fun as usual "bully for you"
    Daisy May cooper cracked....really like her and she always gives her all phenomenon men

I like the looks of next series, the series Sarah Kendall wrote and starred in frayed is really good for anyone who hasn't seen it, she also was hilarious in the episode of motherland she popped up in

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Totally, at the time I was under the impression that his meltdown was of a more comedic nature than it actually was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Great show. I watched it here when he toured it, to add to all of James's issues he got into a heated dispute with a heckler which only heightened the tension

Greg should have given him full points for the Hula Hoop task, he has suffered enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so season 11 was shot more outdoors?, maybe that will shake up the tasks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

I'm 100% onboard with just the Lee Mack announcement alone, never seen anyone more quick witted on British TV. I'd imagine the live setting will work well for him.

This one has been "meh" over all for me, but given the year we've had, nothing but understanding gone their way, can't have been easy to make this series. Great to even get a new one in the midst of Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The lineup for Champion of Champions doesn't really excite me being honest.

Ed Gamble
    Kerry Godliman
    Liza Tarbuck
    Lou Sanders
    Richard Herring

Kerry was decent i guess as were my vague recollection of Ed & Lou.

Lee Mack is a great addition to S11. Don't know any of the others.

Gamble and Godliman would be the highlights for that for me.

But yeah, a general lack of oomph in that lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lou Sanders pulled a bin over her head to enable her to sneak up on Alex for a task. For that alone, she will always be welcome back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The winner is never the mvp of the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Cant really complain about the CoC because we already know who it has to be. Not like they can bring back the person who came second last.
    I enjoy the show regardless and keep them all coming I day!
    Think lee mack will be great and mike is very funny in man down so i expect he will have good banter with greg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

They should do a worst of the worst, that would be much more fun.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They should do a worst of the worst, that would be much more fun.

Yeah,

Phil Wang
    Bob Mortimer
    Nish Kumar
    Joe Wilkinson
    Roisin Conaty / Paul Chowdry

would be pretty good.

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah,

Phil Wang
    Bob Mortimer
    Nish Kumar
    Joe Wilkinson
    Roisin Conaty / Paul Chowdry

would be pretty good.

:confused: Bob Mortimer won his series.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    :confused: Bob Mortimer won his series.

You know, it sounded wrong when i was typing it.

I was looking at the various series losers on Wikipedia and saw he finished last...... but now after checking it was the first Champion of Champions.

You know, it sounded wrong when i was typing it.

I was looking at the various series losers on Wikipedia and saw he finished last...... but now after checking it was the first Champion of Champions.

Ah, that makes sense. Just looking at some of the other losers and for entertainment value, you'd have to include David Baddiel! Looking forward to him being on House of Games in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The lineup for Champion of Champions doesn't really excite me being honest.

Ed Gamble
    Kerry Godliman
    Liza Tarbuck
    Lou Sanders
    Richard Herring

Kerry was decent i guess as were my vague recollection of Ed & Lou.

Lee Mack is a great addition to S11. Don't know any of the others.

Liza Tarbuck was very unlikable - and Lou Sanders? Who?

Very underwhelming lineup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

timmyntc wrote: »
    Liza Tarbuck was very unlikable - and Lou Sanders? Who?
    Season 8 winner...
    Tarbuck was hard to like. Agree about that.
    Very underwhelming lineup
    Last 5 champions dont see what else you do?
    Whats an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Season 8 winner...
    Tarbuck was hard to like. Agree about that.

Last 5 champions dont see what else you do?
    Whats an alternative?

Of course you can't do anything else - wouldnt be fair to the winners.

Just pointing out its a very underwhelming lineup, and kind of sums up the underwhelming quality of guests that have been on season s6-10 (with few exceptions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

timmyntc wrote: »
    Of course you can't do anything else - wouldnt be fair to the winners.

Just pointing out its a very underwhelming lineup, and kind of sums up the underwhelming quality of guests that have been on season s6-10 (with few exceptions)
    I dont think it sums up the quality of guests in series 6-10. Ed, Kerry and Lou were very good i thought. Liza and Richard meh but wheres the problem?

Where guests for the 6-10 really that underwhelming? 7 is prob the best series, 6 not great but others werent that bad.

I think CoC could be very good. Ed Gamble and Kerry Godliman are two of my favourite contestants. Lou Sanders can be a bit full on but she's a bit nuts and will always give it socks. The 3 of them should be very competitive

Richard was disappointing in season 10 but I think he could be very good on a team task with Ed just due to the nature of their friendship.

Liza Tarbuck I'm not a fan of but I think the other 4 should be good (I think Richard will be a bit more entertaining this time)

Regarding season 11, I was very pleasently surprised by Lee Mack being added. He should be very good.

I'm guessing it was his child who came up with the 'draw the monster' live studio task

Another obscure Taskmaster link - those who watched James Acaster's stream of his stand up show on Thursday may have noticed this catchy little diddy (yeah, I said "diddy".. fight me!) for his intro / outro..

It's by none other than Paul Williams - who is Taskmaster NZ's Little Alex Horne.

I dont think it sums up the quality of guests in series 6-10. Ed, Kerry and Lou were very good i thought. Liza and Richard meh but wheres the problem?

Where guests for the 6-10 really that underwhelming? 7 is prob the best series, 6 not great but others werent that bad.

I think 8, 9, and 10 have been the most underwhelming of all TM, with 8 being the worst, followed by 10, 9 being above average (imo, can't stress that enough). 6 was fun. 7 was stellar though.

So I can kind of see the point he's making.

I mean, looking back at the first 5, there's no competition for which set of 5 is the best imo.

All relative though, it's still great TV.

Morathi wrote: »
    I think 8, 9, and 10 have been the most underwhelming of all TM, with 8 being the worst, followed by 10, 9 being above average (imo, can't stress that enough). 6 was fun. 7 was stellar though.

So I can kind of see the point he's making.

I mean, looking back at the first 5, there's no competition for which set of 5 is the best imo.

All relative though, it's still great TV.

9 is miles ahead of season 6. 9 is one of the best seasons imo

Season 6 is one of the weakest seasons along with season 10 and season 8 but I'd say 10 is the Weakest by a good shot

• Advertisement

Yeah, 8 & 6 definitely the worst for me. Don't think 9 was that great either.

1-5 & 7 were all pretty amazing. It'd be hard to pick the best being honest, 1 & 7 maybe.

Was thinking recently on whom i'd like to have on it that haven't been thus far. Jimmy Carr stands out. Dara O'Briain also. Sean Lock could be a bit of fun.

Advertisement