Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think S10 was decent overall. There were a lot of great laughs in it, a good mix of contestants and the studio stuff even without the audience had Greg on absolutely top form throughout.

S8 was weak, but like S10 still had a lot of great moments throughout and the studio stuff helped lift it a lot of the time too.

S6 still stands to me as the worst one by a distance. Boring contestants, bad tasks, everyone seemed fairly disinterested. Some good bits (Tim Vine losing the hook on the shopping bag task, and some of Liza Tarbuck's general madness) but not enough to sustain it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

I think all we've done is prove the subjectivity of humour. :pac:

While we wait for CoC and TM11, how's about we continue this mini rating thing we've started.

Top 3 moments in TM?

3. Rhod Gilbert being an absolute pest to his friend Greg, culminating in him videoing the Taskmaster asleep.

2. Rosalind, both songs. (I hear she's a nightmare.)

1. No question. Poor Joe Wilkinson, a potato, and a treacherous red carpet.

3. David Baddiel & Ed Gamble's drawing live task

2. Rosalind (again, both songs. Mark Watson's delighted smirk when he nails his drum solo is brilliant)

1. Yeah, potato throw. Just perfect. It had to be Joe Wilkinson too, wouldnt have been half as funny if it was anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

3. Joe Wilkinson impresses Mayor of Chesham with 42 Calippos and 8 Cans of Lager

2. Joe Wilkinson's Potato Throw and the fallout in the studio

1. James Acaster, Rhod Gilbert, and Phil Wang build an extension to the Taskmaster house, and the studio fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Limiting it to three is hard!

I'd go:

3. Josh Widdicome getting Greg's name tattoed on his foot. That's commitment for you. No, sorry Josh, I've changed my mind - I'm going to go with Rhod Gilbert's fountain emerging from Alex's arse. (And yes, I'm aware of how that sounds but there is no way to phrase it that doesn't sound perverse)

2. The watermelon eating task from S1 - from Róisín's leisurely approach, to Romesh's brutal savagery (and vomiting), to Tim Key's sneaking an extra bite after the time had elaspsed. It set the mould for the seasons to come.

1. No question, it's the triumph and tragedy of Joe Wilkinson's potato golf. Don't step on the red green!

• Advertisement

Lol it's true, I had a hard time with 3.

An honourable mention or two would be poor Jess Knappett's tumble, Kerry Godliman and Greg's bonding over laminators, Greg's aside with Nish, serenading oneself in 9, and even more recently, the cocktail task in 10, probably the best of that season imo.

Might rewatch them all again now. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Rose Matafeo's take on the Taskmaster theme was brilliant. It was very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Basq wrote: »
    Only me watching the live stream of James Acaster's latest show last night so? Was on from 8pm to after 10. Was really good!

Was lucky enough to catch it in Whelans last year and just as good streaming again. He's a phenomenal comedian and was a joy to watch on TM.
    Degag wrote: »
    Yeah,

Phil Wang
    Bob Mortimer
    Nish Kumar
    Joe Wilkinson
    Roisin Conaty / Paul Chowdry

would be pretty good.

If I never saw Paul Chowdry again, it'd be too soon. The only podcast this year I quit as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I started watching the season with Chowdry again recently, mainly for Beckett, but I still like Chowdry in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hurrache wrote: »
    I started watching the season with Chowdry again recently, mainly for Beckett, but I still like Chowdry in it.
    Screenshot-2020-12-21-at-09-11-22.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Hurrache wrote: »

Did exactly the same and had the same thoughts as you. He was pretty good; in a, he was so terrible he was good kinda way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I enjoyed Chowdry in the series, but more because of the reactions to him rather than what he did. He was woeful on the podcast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Podcast will continue with a relook at series 1:

https://twitter.com/taskmaster/status/1340976903390433280

That'll be a good excuse for (another) rewatch...

^ He did also indicate having an episode 11 of the current series with Greg coming in the next week or so.. presumably before that.

Delighted with that. The podcast is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Watched the collection of songs on you tube the other week..aside from nish and marks great song

Tree wizard by romesh has been stuck in my head!!

Also older and older by acaster was a masterpiece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Celebrity edition for new year's Eve, day something like that.

Yeah, the show should definitely stick to comedians..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, the show should definitely stick to comedians..

Dunno, I think it's already better than the whole of the last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think this episode is already better than the entire last series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think tonight's one is great fun.

The prize task was a hell of a lot better than any in the last series anyway.

But yeah, its surprisingly good. They're all more than up for a laugh. I nearly wish Krishnan and Nicola were in a full series

Was miles ahead of anything from season 10. Great chemistry between them, the tasks were fine but the contestants made the most of them.

Ryland was brilliant

Zaph wrote: »

My mate messaged me and said these exact words, looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Zaph wrote: »

I think that was an improvement on the entirety of the last season.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Not sure if its been said already, but that was better than all of last season.

Think it shows that Taskmaster doesn't need a live audience to make it better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Really enjoyed it. My wife nailed it when she said it was 5 people having fun rather than comedians trying to perform

Dodge wrote: »
    Really enjoyed it. My wife nailed it when she said it was 5 people having fun rather than comedians trying to perform

That's a very good point

• Advertisement

Jesus that was excellent.

Would gladly watch a series with them all on it.

Advertisement