Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I wonder did it make much of a difference that the majority of last night's contestants were working throughout this year and the comedians from series 10 were a bit shellshocked to be back at work having not worked much this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I wonder did it make much of a difference that the majority of last night's contestants were working throughout this year and the comedians from series 10 were a bit shellshocked to be back at work having not worked much this year?

Some of season 10 was filmed before the pandemic so not sure that’s it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dodge wrote: »
    Some of season 10 was filmed before the pandemic so not sure that’s it

I meant in terms of them being a bit lifeless in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

At the start last night I thought Nicola was going to be annoying but thought she was very good albeit useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really fun episode.
    Filthy lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To echo what others have said, excellent cast, great mix. It would have made for a great full season...

Meant to say too, I listened to the podcast with Greg Davies the other day and he mentioned that he gets on really well with Alex, but when he does his "bits" in studio Greg genuinely gets annoyed.

Watching new years specials really demonstrated this...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Must be one of the few who thought that it wasn’t great. Rylan the only standout for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Currently watching season 9. Loving it. Very funny imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

No More Jockeys continues to make me laugh, another good episode today (well yesterday looking at the time).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No More Jockeys continues to make me laugh, another good episode today (well yesterday looking at the time).
    Yep, always good fun!

Tim Key also on House of Games this week.

I see the podcast has new episode, they're looking back at old series, so starting with series 1, episode 1. Will be a good opportunity to watch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

I noticed in the credits of TM that Tim Key is involved with the invention of tasks.

I think it said "Task Consultant"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I noticed in the credits of TM that Tim Key is involved with the invention of tasks.

I think it said "Task Consultant"

Sure is, since Season 2 I believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, the show should definitely stick to comedians..

Looks like few have the same view, I thought it was terrible, worse episode since it started, but then again I liked the last season.

Like I said before though, it just shows you how much humour is subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hurrache wrote: »
    Looks like few have the same view, I thought it was terrible, worse episode since it started, but then again I liked the last season.

Like I said before though, it just shows you how much humour is subjective.

I liked the NY special, but I don't think a full series with them would have worked. And I enjoyed most of last series though there was one truly awful episode in it (with the acting task). The season as a whole though still did have some great moments. Daisy May Cooper and Katherine Parkinson were both great, and Johnny and Mawaan had some great moments too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Penn wrote: »
    I liked the NY special, but I don't think a full series with them would have worked. And I enjoyed most of last series though there was one truly awful episode in it (with the acting task). The season as a whole though still did have some great moments. Daisy May Cooper and Katherine Parkinson were both great, and Johnny and Mawaan had some great moments too.

Daisy May Cooper was awful for me. ****ty attitude and came across as a dick. Could have handled it if she was any way funny. Last season really weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

All episodes of Taskmaster NZ are on Youtube at the moment. Hard to get into it at first as you don't know anyone in it (including the host and sidekick) but it's worth persevering with

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    All episodes of Taskmaster NZ are on Youtube at the moment. Hard to get into it at first as you don't know anyone in it (including the host and sidekick) but it's worth persevering with

Just watched the first episode and loved it. Tasks were quite simple and straightforward, but some of the execution was superb. Really liked most of the contestants too, the jury's still out on the dark haired woman who sits on the left, and their "Alex" was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Took me a few to warm to NZ, but it is excellent!

Paul "NZ Little Alex Horne" Williams is brilliant, and there's some truly fantastic tasks in there.

Also, I don't think there's been a contestant in all of Taskmaster that impressed me as much as
    Angela Dravid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

corcaigh07 wrote: »

they are sitting so close together its making me uncomfortable. The young comedian guy looks so like Iain Stirling in the actual tasks with the shorter hair.

audience is small, tepid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Basq wrote: »
    Also, I don't think there's been a contestant in all of Taskmaster that impressed me as much as
    Angela Dravid

They have an amazing past don't they. Fair play to them for putting that behind them.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The whole season of New Zealand is great, up there with the best seasons of UK for me, I must give it a full re-watch in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hometasking is back (with recycled tasks).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

While waiting for the new season of Taskmaster, why not entertain yourself with a version of the show from a country known for its sense of humour....eh...Finland :confused:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I know people in general really seem to dislike season 6.I never watched it before for some reason, but it's not that bad.
    Some great tasks and some giggles.
    Maybe my expectations were low but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

gmisk wrote: »
    I know people in general really seem to dislike season 6.I never watched it before for some reason, but it's not that bad.
    Some great tasks and some giggles.
    Maybe my expectations were low but still.

It's miles better than season 10 and of similar quality to season 8

Currently watching 3rd episode of the new Zealand series. Its very entertaining. None of the people are familiar to me but I'm finding as it goes on it gets better. I also like how the taskmaster and their version of Alex Horne are not trying to copy the originals at all.

Definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Finished all of the uk ones. On the 3rd NZ one. There is a US one too, only 1 episode I can see so far though. Seems Alex Horne is on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Finished all of the uk ones. On the 3rd NZ one. There is a US one too, only 1 episode I can see so far though. Seems Alex Horne is on it!

I have yet to watch the NZ one, but will probably remedy that soon, people seem to love it, which is great.

The US one is absolute catmalogen unfortunately.

Advertisement