Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Zaph wrote: »
    Just watched it and glad to say that the episode was just as good as previous series.
    If i was to be critical, i would say that it's not quite on the same level as Season 2 - the one with Joe Wilkinson.

...but it's still one of the best shows on telly! Particularily liked the last 2 challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Degag wrote: »
    This is back on 25th April by all accounts!

On Dave tonight at 9pm, I think it was 10pm for the earlier series.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Mel and shoe joke cracked me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One thing which is kinda annoying me is the prizes at the start. They used to be about items that were meaningful to the person but last series and now this first episode they've gone so specific that it limits what can be brought in and it doesn't matter if they win or lose them (obviously important stuff like Joe Wilkinson's marriage cert or Romesh's wedding ring were given back to them, but it's the jokes that followed that always made it worth it).

Stuff like an autograph on a vegetable or heaviest item that can fit in a shoebox just doesn't have the same effect and only for some comedians figuring out ways to make it funny does anything good come out of it.

Other than that, enjoyed the first episode. Hugh Dennis and Joe Lycett were great especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Hugh's painting had me in stitches. Honestly, the happiness this show brings!!

Brilliance!

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    Hugh's painting had me in stitches. Honestly, the happiness this show brings!!

Brilliance!
    This is something that kinda annoyed me... Usually thinking outside the box is rewarded on the show.... but Hugh wasn't in this challenge. Didn't think the drawing was that bad either!

My reaction throughout last night's episode

https://gfycat.com/CloseHonorableAustraliansilkyterrier

(don't know why I can't post the image itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Delighted Alex Horne is doing so well. Seen him in Kilkenny years ago both his solo show and with the Horne Section, both were great sets but his "human battleships" game with the Horne Section was hilarious. The guy has a great comedic brain.

I think this show is wonderful interesting and funny in a QI style.

Really good episode again!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,880 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lolly Adefope adds absolutely nothing to proceedings..

.. that aside, good episode!

Joe Lycett's increasingly excited smiles were hilarious.

• Advertisement

The Mel and shoe joke cracked me up :)

And Mel and Hugh :P

It's too easy for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It's dropped a bit for me this series so far, I suppose it was always going to happen with the first three being so great.

I used to think Noel Fielding was funny but now he's just annoying, And Sue Ive always found annoying. It's definitely the weakest lineup.

I miss Paul Chowdhry

It's dropped a bit for me this series so far, I suppose it was always going to happen with the first three being so great.

I used to think Noel Fielding was funny but now he's just annoying, And Sue Ive always found annoying. It's definitely the weakest lineup.

I miss Paul Chowdhry

Yeah apart from Joe Lycett they don't really have contestants who can take the p*ss out of other contestants, rather than Greg and Alex doing it the whole time. Hugh just makes fun of himself, Lolly says nothing, Noel is pretty quiet too and Mel tries a little but doesn't actually say anything funny.

Still enjoying this ~ and it's only halfway through the season! 4 more eps to come!

Poor Hugh can't catch a break!

It's probably not quite as sharp as previous years in terms of contestants.. but Greg & Alex still are brilliant together, and tasks are excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

This series is lacking a dastardly cheater I think. Bring back Tim Key!

Still enjoying it though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah it's probably the weakest line up so far, but it's a brilliant show and Greg and Alex can carry it along when needed.

I love how Hugh has just mostly been a disaster, especially with the prize tasks :pac:

Still enjoying this series, some of the tasks are great (though some of the contestants aren't putting a lot of thought into doing something interesting with some of them)

But I have to ask, what the f*ck is with that stupid f*cking face Lolly pulls every f*cking time she's introduced at the start of the episodes? Jesus Christ...

Penn wrote: »
    But I have to ask, what the f*ck is with that stupid f*cking face Lolly pulls every f*cking time she's introduced at the start of the episodes? Jesus Christ...
    Yeah, I noticed that too.. bizarre!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I love when they get one of the contestants to do a task that nobody else has to do, like Mel tonight. It just seems so needlessly cruel. :D

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I love when they get one of the contestants to do a task that nobody else has to do, like Mel tonight. It just seems so needlessly cruel. :D
    Lest we forget this..

P3IXV1.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Awooga!

Classic Gladiators reference...

LFWqhGK.jpg

She hasn't done it in two of the episodes.

Fun episode tonight (Mel's sandwich! :D) and series 5 lineup to be revealed after it.. due to start filming next month.

Series 5 lineup are:
    Nish Kumar
    Sally Philips
    Bob Mortimer
    Aisling Bea
    Mark Watson

That's a solid enough line-up to be fair..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Basq wrote: »
    Fun episode tonight (Mel's sandwich! :D) and series 5 lineup to be revealed after it.. due to start filming next month.

Series 5 lineup are:
    Nish Kumar
    Sally Philips
    Bob Mortimer
    Aisling Bea
    Mark Watson

That's a solid enough line-up to be fair..

Surprisingly Mel was the surprise of the season for me - can't stand her usually, but she was the perfect fit to Taskmaster.

Good season overall, not as strong as the previous three, but still one of the most entertaining shows on television.

Good line-up for next season, especially
    Aisling Bea
    who is always a great addition to any such panel shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

maudgonner wrote: »
    This series is lacking a dastardly cheater I think. Bring back Tim Key!

Still enjoying it though :)

Ask and ye shall receive :pac:

Worthy champion and looking forward to next season, hope it airs soon. I reckon
    Bob Mortimer will steal the show, he should have an alternative approach to things
    :)

Greg's putdowns to Alex were particularly good last night..

After Noel ate the beard sandwich: "he just crawls around at home like a slug"
    After the bath/shower comment : "Alex has neither. He cleans himself like a cat"
    Good line-up for next season, especially
    Aisling Bea
    who is always a great addition to any such panel shows.
    Mark Watson
    is also excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Saw Tim Key helped set the tasks in series 2. Task consultant or something he's listed as in the credits. Currently binge watching them all again, brilliant show.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The reveal to Mel that they had to eat their own sandwiches had me in stitches. F*cking brilliant.

It was a good series. Not the best, but had some classic moments, and Noel was a deserving winner. Mel was also far better than I thought she'd be.

Pretty good line-up for next series. I f*cking love Sally Phillips, and Bob Mortimer should be brilliant. Never really liked Mark Watson, I think he'll be the weak link.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Never really liked Mark Watson, I think he'll be the weak link.
    I never liked Paul Chowdry until he was on TM though..

Saw some of his "comedy" and he was terrible!

Advertisement