Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Enjoyable episode this week overall i thought with some good laughs. Gus quickly becoming my favourite out of them followed by Morgana.

The pipe task wasn’t great tho and the drawings in the live task were too difficult i thought.

Also, how did VCM get 5pts for the prize task? Unless i missed some in-joke or something

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

At last Victoria was victorious!

She won the prize task by boxing Greg into a self-inflicted corner - he mocked her home made toy a few weeks ago as being completely ridiculous.... tonight's task was to bring the most ridiculous thin thing..... ergo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

One of the weaker episodes I thought, with the 2nd in a row studio task that was too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah they're definitely struggling to come up with varied studio tasks with the restrictions, and ending up with some needlessly difficult ones as a result. Guz just doing his own thing helped save it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,061 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This feels like the most supportive casts with each other. Everyone seems to be praising each other, very little arguments. I'm really enjoying it.

• Advertisement

SURPRISE!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That live task was great. Best live task of the series so far.

I know the scoring is largely irrelevant but the bell task has kinda ruined Deseree's chances of winning now. - 5 points seems a bit extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, great live task after a couple of duds.

Live task was decent but overall was probably the weakest episode of the series to far. None of the recorded tasks were especially compelling. The face task was pretty dull.

The tasks were good in concept but didn't really work. I really don't like tasks which use headcams. Never really transcribes well to the screen.

Live task wasn't great either, definitely the weakest of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I enjoyed the live task as they all got into it (as they have all season to be fair). I’ve enjoyed the whole season too. Good mix of personalities

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

One of the stronger episodes I thought.

I would have liked more of the live task, another 3 rounds would have been perfect, the tension was just starting to ramp up...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

push a duck alan

Pretty strong episode. Live task was great i thought but could have gone longer.

The telephone task was good but had potential for more. Too many keywords that ended Alan and Gus' fairly quickly.

Very enjoyable final. The end task had me shaking with laughter. Worthy winner too.

Next series cast announced too, can't say I'm enthused. I know Judi Love from things like last leg, not a fan. Ardal O'Hanlon will, i assume, take a similar role as Alan Davies. J don't know the other 3, any hints anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Yeah, it wasn't a bad ending. I didn't really mind who won so that didn't really matter.

For the next series, I know all of them but the only one I don't like at all is Judi Love. The rest of them could go either way hit or miss. I'll err on the side of optimism, though.

I wouldn't be a fan of Judi Love but Sophie Duker and Chris Ramsey should be good. Bridget Christie I wouldn't be familiar with

Ardal O'Hanlon will be fairly interesting, didn't think he'd do something like this. I've not really see him do any panel shows so be curious to see how he gets on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I actually like Judi Love and I think she could be good fun on Taskmaster. Chris Ramsey should be good value for money too. Of the rest, I don't know Bridget Christie, and I think Ardal O'Hanlon will occupy the Dave Gorman/David Baddiel role, so not expecting great things of him. Not a fan of Sophie Duker, but some of my favourite contestants in he past are people I wasn't too keen on, so happy to be won over by her.

They will have their work cut out to match the standard of this series though, I thought all were excellent and bar one or two episodes where the quality dropped a little, it was highly entertaining.

Great series overall. Loved Morgana especially.

Not sure about the next cast really. I've seen Bridget on QI a few times and she's funny, but in a very dry way which I'm not sure will translate to TM's tasks. I think Chris Ramsay will throw himself into it and be quite good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

never heard/saw him guess alan's beat boxing

OooohWOWWWW!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bridget Christie I wouldn't be familiar with

I don't know Bridget Christie

Bridget Christie is a very political feminist standup, married to Stewart Lee. I'm midly surprised to see her doing something like this.

A great series, undoubtedly the best of the Channel4/Covid ones. A great mix of contestants, some fantastic tasks and everyone was on top form throughout. VCM was every bit as perfect a contestant as I thought she'd be; her intelligence as both a hindrence and a help depending on the task. Alan Davies in a way was kind of bland and ordinary, but was also just having so much fun throughout that he was a joy to watch. Guz was interesting and up for it, and Desiree and Morgana were both just fantastic. Morgana in particular was the big unknown going into it but was a deserving winner.

Next series lineup could be great. It's another good mix of contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is Ardal only the second Irish person after Aisling Bea? I'm surprised there haven't been more.

Yeah, just her so far. I'm very surprised David O'Doherty hasn't done it. I'd love to see Dara O'Briain on it one day

Another Taskmaster New Years Special

Would be looking forward to seeing Claudia Winkleman on it. She's one who might have been an annoyance over a full series, but for one episode might be the chaotic energy it needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭appledrop

I absolutely loved this series, everyone of them was brilliant + brought something different to it.

I had never heard of Gus or Desiree until the programme, but they were great.

I always keep an open mind with Taskmaster because even someone you really like might not be that good on it or vice versa someone your not mad about ends up been good.

• Advertisement

Alan Davies will be replacing Jonnie Peacock in the studio sections, as Peacock was ill during filming. Sort of similar to when Kerry Godliman and Katherine Ryan sat in for Katy Wix for an episode each when she was sick.

Advertisement