Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options
1585960616264»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A decent series. Mid-tier, but had a lot to enjoy throughout. Sophie was fantastic, really looked forward to all her attempts. Steve's prize tasks were absolute genius for the most part. Nick had his moments. John and already-genuinely-can't-think-of-her-name were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Totally agree on Sophie she was terrific. Hopefully this brings some more people to watch the excellent Alma's not normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

caught up with the season finale. Really enjoyed the whole season. Hadn’t high hopes before it but overall it was great fun

(Have even lower hopes for next season based on the cast)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Season 2 (originally meant to be Season 3) of Taskmaster Australia has started and the first two episodes have been an absolute riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I would have put money on the fact that Jack Dee had already done a series of TM.

And from reading comments from other sites I seem to not be the only one who has dreamt this up! Weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He's been the one dream guest Alex had wanted since the start so he's been referred to a couple of times in various articles and social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yeah delighted with Jack Dee as usual there’s a few I don’t know and that generally works out okay.

I was hoping this was going to be more a behind-the-scenes, maybe going through some old tasks and things that went wrong or they had to change etc. It's more just a clip show with a little bit of voiceover between.

Was between watching this and latest episode of AU.. sounds like I made the right choice!

Yeah, it's 48 minutes in and they're only now showing something new... (ish). They showed an outtake that was already on YouTube. Now back to clips from an old task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

that was disappointing, even the banter between clips was really forced and scripted.
    thought there’d be some behind the scenes stuff in how the show is made but it was like the filler episode in a 90s sitcom where they have a full episode of flashbacks just to make an extra cheap **** episode

Yeah. Thankfully it wasn't quite as bad as what the channels usually do with the likes of Mock The Week, Would I Lie To You, Cats Does Countdown etc, where they announce a new series of 6 episodes, but the last episode is just highlights of the previous 5. This didn't take up the space of a normal episode and was just a bonus. Kind of pointless though given how often Taskmaster is repeated on a loop. Think I read though that there'll be one of these at the end of each series for the next few series'.

Even an end-of-series filmed Taskmaster Podcast type of episode would be great, where they just interview the cast and go through highlights, let them talk about it, show extra footage etc. Would be cheap to make (wouldn't need an audience or anything) and be far more worth watching.

Picked up tickets today for the Taskmaster Live Experience in November in London. Incredibly excited for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

TThought it wasn't till next week they were doing the draw

They had a "lucky duck" draw where they randomly gave out early access today to some entrants.

There are two different experiences, 'Absolute Casserole' and 'Melon Buffet'. It's pricey though. Prices at the weekend start at £70 and work up to £100 per ticket whereas weekdays start at £50 and work up to £100.

Quite expensive when you don't know what it involves. Saw that you do it in a group of 14 but the top 5 only get to do the final task.

I'd be happy enough to pay 50, doubt I could justify 100 when there's no details on what's involved

Sounds like a similar price point and setup to The Crystal Maze Experience and that makes a fortune.. albeit among often quite negative reviews.

Wife got drawn, can't see us going though, too expensive for little over an hour and you don't know what you're getting. Plus no guarantee of doing the live final task either

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Same here, my wife got the email earlier. If we lived in London, maybe we'd have splashed out. But add flights and hotel to ridiculously priced tickets for just an hour and it's really not worth it, especially if you're not even guaranteed to get to complete the whole thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement