Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,924 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I've seen him on interviews where he's "punny" and quick-witted.. but he's pretty poor on this. His input is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Watched the first two episodes of the US version. Jesus, Lisa Lampenelli is one of the most insufferable c*nts I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

The show itself is alright. Not a patch on the UK version, the shortened runtime especially does a lot of damage. Alex Horne is really what makes it watchable. Ron Funches is great too and Reggie Watts can be funny enough at times, though he can be very bland at times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Thought Alice and Tim have been pretty poor and haven't really brought anything to the snow. For me Liza and Russell have been fairly good but as a whole the series isn't great so far

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Thought Alice and Tim have been pretty poor and haven't really brought anything to the snow. For me Liza and Russell have been fairly good but as a whole the series isn't great so far

I actually quite like Alice. She's a bit hit and miss, but I like her interactions with Alex and the others and she doesn't always just go for the obvious ways of doing things.

Tim is very disappointing though. He just doesn't seem into it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Penn wrote: »
    I actually quite like Alice. She's a bit hit and miss, but I like her interactions with Alex and the others and she doesn't always just go for the obvious ways of doing things.

Tim is very disappointing though. He just doesn't seem into it at all.

Not even a few of his trademark one liners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

It's a pretty disappointing series so far, Ep. 3 was the best we've seen from them so far but Ep. 4 was back to form.

Ep. 4 Spoiler, as it hasn't aired yet
    The do something manly with this box was a bit of a dud, why did none of them just go total caveman and smash it to bits, that would have been funny, unlike Alice's gender pay gap statement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I actually quite like Alice.
    So do I;)

Alice, Liza and Russell have been pretty solid IMO.

But definitely the least entertaining dynamic so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Watched the latest series on On Demand.
    Probably the poorest of the season so far:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Moment of the season so far has to be Tim Vine's quest to weigh that bag in episode 9! :D

I laughed and laughed! :pac:

Final episode on Wednesday!

• Advertisement

Moment of the season so far has to be Tim Vine's quest to weigh that bag in episode 9! :D

I laughed and laughed! :pac:

Final episode on Wednesday!

The poor bastard. :pac:

Anyone else think Alice seemed legit annoyed with Alex in the last round? Alex sitting in the cake was just brilliant.

Liza's laugh as she ran off after the cake was hilarious.

A good enough series. Weaker than most of the others but still picked up a lot in the second half with some great bits. Probably could have done with just being 8 episodes though.

Still though, looks like a fantastic lineup for next series.

James and Rhod..

.. oh yes yes yes!!

When Tim blew through the hose into his own ear to check if it worked and startled himself, I think that might be the most I've laughed all series :D

Basq wrote: »
    James and Rhod..

.. oh yes yes yes!!

Lineup looks fantastic alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

While I did enjoy this season, Tim Vine and Liza Tarbuck in particularly providing some fantastic laughs, next seasons line-up looks great with two of my favourite stand-ups
    James Acaster and Rhod Gilbert
    taking part... Can't Wait!

While I did enjoy this season, Tim Vine and Liza Tarbuck in particularly providing some fantastic laughs, next seasons line-up looks great with two of my favourite stand-ups
    James Acaster and Rhod Gilbert
    taking part... Can't Wait!

I actually think Jessie and Phil Wang could be great too. Only seen a bit of Phil Wang on Roast Battle but thought he was great on it.

But yeah, James Acaster is who I'm looking forward to the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

It definitely picked up in the second half of the series.

Liza was great, she's just so damn weird, and Tim started off poor but got better. Azim had some great moments too, but Russell and Alice just didn't seem that into it at all, shame as I do like them both.

Next series looks fantastic, though.

Can't say I think much of next season's cast tbh.

Can't say I think much of next season's cast tbh.
    kJJiU3.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Greg is lookine quite old and haggard in this season, he must have lost weight as his face is looking a bit gaunt. It's been a decent enough season, probably the weakest one so far but it has the weakest line up so was expected

As for next season, Rhod will be great, always enjoy watching him. Not a huge fan of James Acaster but I think he'll be quite well suited to it, Phil Wang is very, very funny. On the other hand, Jessica Knappett is awful..truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

As others have said, a weaker season but certainly picked up in the second half - in particular the tasks got better, a bit boring in the first few episodes.

Next season looks great, even if just for Rhod Gilberts accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Nice... didn't think it'd be that soon!

Someone on Taskmaster Reddit was at a taping and said it's be October / November.

Basq wrote: »
    Nice... didn't think it'd be that soon!

Someone on Taskmaster Reddit was at a taping and said it's be October / November.

Well it's ten episodes again I think so maybe just that episode will be aired Oct/Nov.

Well it's ten episodes again I think so maybe just that episode will be aired Oct/Nov.
    You know... that would make more sense...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Great news.

Virgin media would've been receiving a very strongly worded letter if they hadn't got Dave back by then.

VERY strongly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Yay. I have recommended this show to pretty much everyone I know, it's fab.

• Advertisement

FYI - new series starts tomorrow night at 9pm on Dave but it will be available from 9am tomorrow morning on-demand.

Also, clip: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a865383/taskmaster-first-challenge-new-series/

Advertisement