Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Grade 8 - Doing exam in 3 months only 1 piece done

Options
  • 06-09-2015 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, I'm doing grade 8 piano and will have exam in december/november, I am freaking out because I only have one piece done. I have chosen my two other pieces to start (Debussy - reverie and beethoven sonata op 13 c minor) I just want to know - is 3 months enough time to get these pieces done + theory and scales? I left everything till last minute because of LC just there in June 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

If you put the head down and do at least an hour's concerted work per day it's very doable. Don't apply for it if you don't think you'll do it. What's the rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bazinga1

Well that's reassuring, considering I was thinking of doing more than an hour a day if needs be. Yeah I know what you mean, there's no rush but i usually do an exam every year I just want to keep the momentum going and get the grades out of the way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

No harm to try to get it done and over with alright. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Go for it! You have the right attitude. Well done in getting this far - great achievement. Will you get your diploma to teach? Handy way of making a few quid in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bazinga1

Thank you for those encouraging words! And don't see why not, it sure would be a help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement