Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP Question

• 06-09-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

Okay so my teacher really isn't a big help, I got most of my portfolio work done last year regardless.
    I did my career investigation on teaching because when I wrote it I was interested in working as a teacher, but I've now realised that I really don't want to teach, I'd rather work in Psychology.
    Would I need to redo my career investigation or would I just be like 'My sights were set on teaching but I realised I'm more interested in Psychology overall.'
    Or something like that?
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuiteHumerus

Your examiner won't know that you don't want to be a teacher anymore so if you want to make things easier for yourself you could just not say anything about that. Don't do LCVP myself so not sure about the ins and outs of the career investigation but that's an option anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

cxxlin wrote: »
    Okay so my teacher really isn't a big help, I got most of my portfolio work done last year regardless.
    I did my career investigation on teaching because when I wrote it I was interested in working as a teacher, but I've now realised that I really don't want to teach, I'd rather work in Psychology.
    Would I need to redo my career investigation or would I just be like 'My sights were set on teaching but I realised I'm more interested in Psychology overall.'
    Or something like that?
    Thanks for the help.

No you don't have to redo the career investigation. The purpose of the CI is to teach you research and evaluation skills. In fact in the evaluation of the career in the CI you could actually say that after carrying out the CI you don't want to be a teacher anymore and explain why - but this is not necessary and if you have completed the CI just leave it as it is.

Advertisement