Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet 100 expansion query

Options
  • 06-09-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I installed a signet 100 in my house back in 2009 ish and the system has been working fine. I have just built a shed in the back garden and I want to add it to the system and I have a couple of queries:

1. The shed will have 2 zones one for the door and one for the window - there is spare zones on the panel for this. But is it possible to setup the system so that these stay set all the time except when I want to go into the shed?

2. I was thinking of adding a keypad in the shed (I believe the Siemens SPC keypads are compatible with my system) if so could I have a 2nd entry exit on the zone for the shed door?

3. Finally I was planning on putting up an external bell box on the outside, when wiring it up is it a case of everything for the bell box would be wired in parallel except for the tamper which would be in series?

Thanks in advance for the advice......

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are correct on the bell box & the keypads. But only the standard spk420 keypads .
    If you enable areas you can set up the shed as a totally separate alarm system that can be set independently to the main house alarm.
    The areas on this system are very flexible. Let me know what way you would like it to work & I'll let you know what you need to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubsfan77

Thanks Koolkid,

What I would like to do is to leave the shed completely separate from the house i.e. leave it set when I unset the house and only unset it when I want to go into it.

I am flexible on how it gets set and unset either from the keypads in the house (I have two already) or a separate new additional keypad in the shed.

I did see the section about areas in the manual but I didn't fully understand it.

Thanks again
    Dubsfan77

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes you can do all of that.
    Enable areas & add a second area & call it Shed.
    Assign your new zones to shed.
    You can assign any or all keypads to either or both areas.
    Check the area that each keypad is in.
    Assign any or all users to any or all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubsfan77

Thanks for the advise - will give it ago at the weekend..........

Advertisement