Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son's Ex threatening re their child

Options
  • 06-09-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

My Sons ex girlfriend is due her baby next week and her Mother is already threatening a solicitor after him? My Son wants to be a great dad but its looks like the road ahead is very bleak..It all started when he was asked to move in to there home in said yes to it at first ,but changed his mind.The Mother went mad on him because he changed is mind. There relationship went down hill after that .The ex girlfriend Mother is a control freak..My son is sick of her interfering in there relationship. My son has no legal rights whats so ever.I was on to someone in the Government about the new law that's coming in and its a joke. All it is in the new law that the father will automatically get is name on the birth cert that's it.. My son has already been buying stuff and putting away maintenance money for her by law he has to do this.I know they will not allow my son to see his new born. I think he should walk way now from this and forget that he has a son,, because all the odds are stacked against him for access and custody. SAD SAD for all the Dads out there that have to go trough this sh""t ..............I know of a lad that killed himself because of this stuff. I'm there for my Son no matter what till the end..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

Ok so ive been through all this.
    Firstly ur son needs to apply to the court for access and guardianship.
    GUARDIANSHIP WILL BE GRANTED UNLESS THE MOTHER CAN PROVE 1 OF 2 THINGS..
    A. He is not the biological father.
    B. He is an unfit father.

The court will then sort out access, prob give ur son his child 1 or 2 nights every weekend.
    If u can afford a solicitor great, i couldnt and just went myself.
    I dnt like when ppl think the father has no rights, he does. Go to court and sort these 2 things out.
    They will prob do maintenance at the same time. Ur son should sort out a direct debit as soon as the baby is born and bring bank statements to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Op
    Separation and divorce is not the right forum for your issue.
    Moving it to parenting but locking while the local mod team review.

Also please don't hijack threads again, while your issue may be similar it's not fair on the OP of the thread you initially replied to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement