Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIKE FISHING LEIXLIP RESERVOIR

Options
  • 07-09-2015 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm going to head down to the leixlip resevoir the weekend for a bit of pike fishing. Is it any good this time of year for pike? I'll be deadbaiting with a roach popped up from bottom or would float be better. I'm fairly new to pike fishing and tried the canal but no look

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'm going to head down to the leixlip resevoir the weekend for a bit of pike fishing. Is it any good this time of year for pike? I'll be deadbaiting with a roach popped up from bottom or would float be better. I'm fairly new to pike fishing and tried the canal but no look

Float is the best method for Leixlip - the bottom is very snaggy so if you fish the bottom you'll go through tons of gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Alanbyrne88

Andip wrote: »
    Float is the best method for Leixlip - the bottom is very snaggy so if you fish the bottom you'll go through tons of gear.
    Would it be worth fishing for pike there or am I better of sticking to the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

More of a chance catchin a double figure in leixlip

WOULD ANYONE KNOW WHAT RIG WORKS BEST AND WHAT DEADBAIT ALSO ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I'd go standard float ledger rig - I tend to find that sprat or smelt or mackerel works best, quite a large area of water so you want something that will leave a good scent trail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Roach or a perch. Popped up from bottom would be est as everyone would use mackerel or smelt and pike would be wide to it

Andip wrote: »
    I'd go standard float ledger rig - I tend to find that sprat or smelt or mackerel works best, quite a large area of water so you want something that will leave a good scent trail.

Much appreciated thanks :)

Roach or a perch. Popped up from bottom would be est as everyone would use mackerel or smelt and pike would be wide to it

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

that stretch of the river has been raped to bits. theres still a few fish knockin about, but no where near the numbers there used to be. Good luck anyway

Advertisement