Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non-gaming excuses

Options
  • 07-09-2015 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I do not play computer games. Hold on, I have a very good excuse, and I have wondered for years if I'm alone in having an actual reason. The game I started with was Tetris, but Edgar Allen Poe ruined it for me, with The Cask of Amontillado - I started having recurrent nightmares in which I walled myself up. With those bricks, to that music. :D so I had to stop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

0.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CEOL40

Yeah, I figured I was alone in that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

wat? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CEOL40

In The Cask of Amomtillado (a short story) a guy gets his enemy down to his cellar to sample some wine, chains him to the wall, and builds another wall in front of him. That, combined with Tetris, gave me nightmares that ruined me for games. It's probably just me though. :D but somebody else must have some game-related trauma!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bong talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

CEOL40 wrote: »
    but somebody else must have some game-related trauma!

I'm a day one Destiny player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I think the game called E.T or something ruined it for most :P
    Glad I was not born then haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

dafuk op?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

is this 'close thread' time or we going on with this ?

I often experience the 'tetris effect' from games, audiobooks and tv shows, which can be really annoying and stops me sleeping sometimes.
    But not enough to make me quit gaming.

I've had it with LOL, Team Fortress, MOHAA, COD, Rock Band, True Detective, 24 and numerous others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

One time in wow i didnt feel like raiding so i faked a d/c and logged on an alt, does that count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I had money during a Steam sale.

Now I have too many games.

The logical thing, then, is to play none of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd say day one Arkham Knight owners for the PC version are scarred for life.
    Probably deleted their Steam account for a lifetime of fiddling with ExCel instead!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had my PS, Wii and DC modded back in the day and spent a good deal of my time then appropriating large quantities of dodgy copies of games, wound up with cakes of CD-Rs and ended up playing absolutely feck all of them.
    I think I would play for 15 mins before moving onto the next one.
    Same thing with the R4 on the DS.
    Instead I just spent the years since buying the best of them and playing them properly, you value a game more when you actually pay for it.

I still have modded consoles but use them for region unlocking, enabling RGB and 60Hz functions, making genuine games look much much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had my PS, Wii and DC modded back in the day and spent a good deal of my time then appropriating large quantities of dodgy copies of games, wound up with cakes of CD-Rs and ended up playing absolutely feck all of them.
    I think I would play for 15 mins before moving onto the next one.
    Same thing with the R4 on the DS.
    Instead I just spent the years since buying the best of them and playing them properly, you value a game more when you actually pay for it.

I still have modded consoles but use them for region unlocking, enabling RGB and 60Hz functions, making genuine games look much much better.

So very, very true.

I'm going to setup a Raspberry Pi 2 with RetroPie as a project as they evenings darken, going to force myself to only load it with a handful of games at a time.

Advertisement