Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland v Georgia Euro Qualifier RTE 2 and SS2 7:45pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Two losses for the Scots,confidence will be low going into the Poland game

Not so sure, they played well against Germany and could have got a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Dunphy thinks we can beat Germany....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Eamon thinks we can beat Germany here

FFS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

We'll need Poland to beat Scotland, not hopeful of us getting anything from our last 2 fixtures.

With the attitude, you just want a play off.

I think i'd prefer to player Poland for automatic promotion than to be up against Turkey, Israel, Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

We should be looking to catch the Poles not looking over our shoulder at Scotland.

COU-uT5WwAA68Dr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is it a poor performance? Is about par for the o Neill era

Well maybe not poor, but they should have pushed on after the goal. There was another goal for them if they kept attacking imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Hendricks backed himself tonight,its something we don't see enough of in this Irish team,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

"I think we can beat Germany as they haven't got the players" - Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We're 4 points ahead of Scotland which is mental.

Only two behind Poland. Them late goals were so important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

"I think the German team are poor" - Dunphy.

Yeah and Wes Hoolihan is a worldbeater!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Germany are a poor team ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Not being funny but I think we can get a result against them aswell not sure we can beat them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Dunphy: "I think we can beat Germany here".

9FDBh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

All comes down to Scotland v Poland IMO. If Scotland beat Poland, we need a win assuming we don't beat Germany

In that case, Poland v Ireland becomes a playoff for automatic qualification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Dunphy : Germany are poor, we can beat them.

Right, lay off the sauce :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Thank fcuk thats over,massive result from a massive pile of footballing poo

keith16 wrote: »
    Not so sure, they played well against Germany and could have got a draw.

They had 25% of possession and had 2 shots on target!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

God eamon is ridiculous some amount of flip flopping

Schweinsteuger isn't as good as whealo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Dunphy says we can beat the Germans because they'e poor players. First player he mentions is Schweinsteiger,one of the best midfielders of his generation,you can't make this stuff up,he's comedy gold. :D:D:D

Every Credit Union in Ireland will be on amber alert after tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is Dunphy taking the pee-pee being so positive tonight

Someone needs to tell Moloney that the highest ranking team we've beaten competitively in a decade is Estonia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

WE'RE-ALL-GONNA-WIN-THE-EUROOOOOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nib wrote: »
    We should be looking to catch the Poles not looking over our shoulder at Scotland.

Should we? I'm not so sure we can get anything away in Poland tbh.

If Poland beat Scotland in the next game we are assured of third. Part of me thinks that's the best thing to hope for.

In a way as silly as he sounds we do have to believe we can beat them ! Might aswell stay in the dressing room otherwise i still think there's 4 points in this group for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some harsh comments on McCarthy tonight I feel. I thought he did ok. He didn't burst forward with the ball, take it past players and score from 20 yards which some seem to want him to do. I genuinely think his play is scrutinised to a ridiculous degree at this stage. He wasn't great or dominant, but he also wasn't bad or '****e' either. The way we play does not lend in anyway to anyone in there getting forward, look at how surprised we were to see Hendrick do what he did.

The performance was really poor though. Even though he got the goal and some will say it was justified, but playing Walters out there was negative. Should have had McLean or McGeady out there to get at them from the start, this is what exactly does not lend to forward play under O'Neill ever being majorly fruitful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

If Scotland beat Poland then we have to win in Poland.

We have to match Scotlands result v Poland for the play off spot.

For a positive - If Scotland beat Poland at home and we beat Poland away then IRL qualify automatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Did Gilsey call McClean handicapped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

A draw against Germany and a draw between Poland and Scotland would be beautiful now. Guarantee a play-off spot with a head to head game for 2nd with nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Giles " McClean is a handicap"

Bit too far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The winging is hardcore tonight

Great result get in

Great result yes. But FFS, it's Georgia. We have a much better pool of talent to pick than them. They have nothing to play for and we go out and play like that?

I'd accept it if we didn't have the resources but we do. We're capable of playing and performing better than this campaign would suggest.

I think people have a right to question the performance at home to a team who had absolutely nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Big woo hoo thst we got 6 points and scotland got none this weekend. We did it very unconvincingly, amd whilst my earlier comment about not deserving to qualify was a bit harsh, we need an almightly kick up the arse. We have been gifted this weekend with results, and then playing against 10 men sitting back, was an insult to that 1 nil lead and to the crowd who turned up. We shoukd have built from that goal, and played on for a 2 or 3 nil win.

Of we do manage to qualify, we will need a major improvement, we cant keep depending on Robbie Keane, and the current players just are not giving enough at time. Play like that in France next year, amd it could be more embarrassing than 2012.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Alex Meier wrote: »
    If Scotland beat Poland then we have to win in Poland.

We have to match Scotlands result v Poland for the play off spot.

For a positive - If Scotland beat Poland at home and we beat Poland away then IRL qualify automatically

If Scotland draw and beat Scotland we are through too as well aren't we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Bit too far?

He meant McClean missing the Germany game is a handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Bit too far?

If John Giles was a little Skanger then it would have been an insult.

Edit; now picturing John Giles with his hands down his trackies

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭LordAwesome

niallo27 wrote: »
    If Scotland draw and beat Scotland we are through too as well aren't we.

If Scotland beat Scotland then Scotland are really Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

If Scotland beat Scotland then Scotland are really Scotland.

Deep fried heroin,

The only thing more Scottish than your post

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dunphy might be going over the top saying we can beat the Germans, but he's dead on about having the right attitude and not being afraid of them, they've regressed since they won the World Cup, a point might be enough to get to the play-offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Scotland to beat Poland, Us To beat Germany.

Us Going to Poland to avoid defeat and qualify automatically, and we'll lose 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

O neills got away with it tonight.the guy is a poor.poor.manager who the players have no belief in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

We'll not set foot past the halfway line against Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

All comes down to Scotland v Poland IMO. If Scotland beat Poland, we need a win assuming we don't beat Germany

In that case, Poland v Ireland becomes a playoff for automatic qualification

Would rather Poland beat Scotland. The other way round is risking Scotland getting 3rd spot and getting the play off slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Corholio wrote: »
    Some harsh comments on McCarthy tonight I feel. I thought he did ok. He didn't burst forward with the ball, take it past players and score from 20 yards which some seem to want him to do. I genuinely think his play is scrutinised to a ridiculous degree at this stage. He wasn't great or dominant, but he also wasn't bad or '****e' either.

He was shíte, just like he was v Gibraltar. Offered fück all. Whelan, who's a limited player put in a far better shift. Make all the excuses you want re the team etc, you look to these so called decent players to so something or control the game... Very poor.

• That_Guy wrote: »
    Great result yes. But FFS, it's Georgia. We have a much better pool of talent to pick than them. They have nothing to play for and we go out and play like that?

I'd accept it if we didn't have the resources but we do. We're capable of playing and performing better than this campaign would suggest.

I think people have a right to question the performance at home to a team who had absolutely nothing to play for.

Except there pride. Sure who needs that

To note every team struggled against Georgia so there no mugs. So the result was all that mattered

People who are stuck in italia 90 mode need to get over it and except that we are an average team with an average manger but we have great spirit and belief and are more than capable of getting a result against Poland and Germany on our day

We have the best defence in the group and we also are still in with a chance to automatically qualify either by finishing second or best placed third in what is arguably the hardest qualifying group for the euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We can still top the group

• Advertisement

Possible play-off opposition: Turkey, Israel, Ukraine, Estonia, Hungary, Russia, Croatia, Albania.

Estonia and Albania are the only teams we'd beat IMO. Israel at a push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Only way we can qualify is if Poland lose against Scotland and us, leaving them on 17 points and we win against Germany. So basically, no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

We can still top the group

I wouldn't rule anything out with the way the other groups are going

International football is seriously fu*ked up these days

If the Dutch miss out which is very likely we'll be seeded for play off so it'll be one of estonia, albania , turkey and isreal at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Nib wrote: »
    Possible play-off opposition: Turkey, Israel, Ukraine, Estonia, Hungary, Russia, Croatia, Albania.

Estonia and Albania are the only teams we'd beat IMO. Israel at a push.

Exactly, so we should be hoping for Scotland to beat Poland, and go for all out automatic promotion against Poland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement