Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marmotte 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Looks like it could be winter 2016 before there's a proper road around it, they're working on a road around the lake now

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marathon50

Entry for Marmotte 2016 opening Nov 9.
    Get in early sold out in 2 days last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Speaking to a guy today who said he had an email from "sport communication" to confirm the Galibier would be open for Marmotte 2016.

Can anyone else confirm this or shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭2016

Reminder: tomorrow is sign up day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Rita1

I received this email yesterday

"2016 Marmotte, Date confirmed : Sa 2/7/16 .....Back to the original raod with Telegraphe, Galibier and Lautaret."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

for anybody interested , entries open at 9 c e t tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

for anybody interested , entries open at 9 c e t tomorrow

Really, where are you getting that info.

All the websites (new & old) FB etc say 12.00 CET

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

got an e mail the other day. time could be wrong but no harm to be watching anyway . it happened before one year , was advertised as one time was open earlier

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Really, where are you getting that info.

All the websites (new & old) FB etc say 12.00 CET

SORRY, I THOUGHT IT WAS A QUESTION TO ME ABOUT THE ROUTE

I'm going through www.sportactive.net and they sent me the email. I also couldn't find it on the web but I asked them to find out for me.

They have developed a fire road on the other side of the lake from the collapsed tunnel.
    https://www.isere.fr/actualite?itemid=467

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ladder in me tights

Yep - looks like Galiber is back - I got email from sport active too
    ...Back to the original raod with Telegraphe, Galibier and Lautaret…
    Thats that then - better layoff the selection box and pies in December
    S

Well that's me signed up.

€105 for Marmotte + €17 for TT (optional) + €5 for insurance of some sort (optional) + €3 for something else = €130.

Not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marathon50

I see on Sports Communications website they are are having a Marmotte Pyrenees for 2016, No date or route information as of yet to be announced at a later date. Giving the Marmotte a miss next year have done it four times feel like doing some different next year. I was looking at a couple of Sportives in the Pyrenees this one might just fit the bill now. I wonder would it be the Circle of Death route?

Yeah, I've signed up as well. Going to do it self-service this year, saves a good bit of cash compared to the tour companies, but of course you have to do it yourself. *

I already done Marmotte a few times so have a good handle on the process at this stage.

* When I say 'saves cash', what I really mean is its divert cash from that to being able to spend more on the bike/gear!!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've signed up as well. Going to do it self-service this year, saves a good bit of cash compared to the tour companies, but of course you have to do it yourself. *

I already done Marmotte a few times so have a good handle on the process at this stage.

* When I say 'saves cash', what I really mean is its divert cash from that to being able to spend more on the bike/gear!!

Maybe you should write a book on it as I'm struggling to figure out how to train for it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Rita1 wrote: »
    Maybe you should write a book on it as I'm struggling to figure out how to train for it :confused:

He has! Just search this forum for his Leroys posts..... A lot of them relate to the Marmotte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

So, at last count, we have:

Rita1
    ladder in me tights
    Leroy42

Who else?

07Lapierre wrote: »
    He has! Just search this forum for his Leroys posts..... A lot of them relate to the Marmotte

You make me sound obsessed.

I have other interests you know.

Like this year I rode a completely different Marmotte course!!! (well slightly different anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

2016 wrote: »

Rita1
    ladder in me tights
    Leroy42

Who else?

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Maybe ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

2016 wrote: »

Rita1
    ladder in me tights
    Leroy42

Who else?

Me too. Now just have to manage to stay upright this time round, and actually get to France to take part! Ha! :-)

Updated list:

Rita1
    ladder in me tights
    Leroy42
    Red Belly
    andy69

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I am in too

I just want to make sure I have done it correctly. I went on the website added the race to my cart and paid, got the email confirming payment from Credit Mutual has been made and thats it, no official email since. Is that everyone elses experience?

I also immediately got one from Sportcommunication.com

You can check if you are registered on their website

http://www.sportcommunication.info/inscription/search.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Yes, that is the thing, nothing happens when I entered my email address there

I have emailed them now to confirm, hopefully all ok as I have already booked a hotel room

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladder in me tights

Hi Lads - if you haven't booked flight yet - AerLingus have a limit of 10 bikes per flight - no harm calling customer service to make sure theres room for your bike . I think I got one of the last bike spaces on the July 3rd flight home.

• Advertisement

Hi Lads - if you haven't booked flight yet - AerLingus have a limit of 10 bikes per flight - no harm calling customer service to make sure theres room for your bike . I think I got one of the last bike spaces on the July 3rd flight home.

When i booked the flights four weeks ago, there was already 3 bike on it.. ..mine would be the fourth. I would say there's not many left, this is Thursday the 30th of June flight.

Advertisement