Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon requesting a "Letter of Authorization"? What is that?

Options
  • 07-09-2015 12:28pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

Basically, I sell stuff on Amazon. It's my "job", so to speak, in that I registered myself as a business when I got onto the BTWEA scheme.

Anyway, Amazon are now asking for a "Letter of Authorization", and to be frank, I have no clue what that is. A quick google search seems to say its a letter letting someone act on my behalf? I'm a sole trader; I'm the buyer, packer, etc. So the only one who acts on my behalf is myself.

Anyone able to shed any light on what such a letter is, in leymans terms, and how to go about getting one for my business? (Hope this is an ok place to ask :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sounds like it could be a scam of some sort. I'd be inclined to contact Amazon directly to ask about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

smash wrote: »
    Sounds like it could be a scam of some sort. I'd be inclined to contact Amazon directly to ask about it.

No, its no scam; its being requested through my offical seller's dashboard, not by email or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

My guess is that they want proof that you have registered the business name. i.e. you have a letter of authorization from the CRO to use your trading name. Send them a scan of the CRO letter. If that is not what they want they will tell you.
    EDIT - Are you a sole trader or have you a company? I had quick Google and found this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Seems simple enough to me they want a letter from the company ( they do not distinguish between a company and a sole trader) to say you... the named person... is empowered to legally bind the entity in contract law.......no big deal as you and the entity are one and the same person!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why don't you ask Amazon directly what it is they need from you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

pedronomix wrote: »
    Seems simple enough to me they want a letter from the company ( they do not distinguish between a company and a sole trader) to say you... the named person... is empowered to legally bind the entity in contract law.......no big deal as you and the entity are one and the same person!

Ended up being this. Just copied another template I found and they accepted it :)

Thanks guys.

Advertisement