Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adobe apps

• 07-09-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We're hiring a designer in house for the first time & I'm trying to put together their "kit". Obviously I'm going to need Adobe apps & I was wondering if it makes much difference wether I buy a second hand copy of the older software or I have to do the monthly lease thing they're doing now?

Also typically what's the minimum spec mac I'm gonna need?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭biketard

Sorry you didn't get a rely on this, OP.

Just a comment about buying the latest version or not, the only thing you need to be concerned about is people sending you source files that may be in a newer version than what you have. Adobe formats are sometimes not very backwards compatible (for example InDesign is terrible for this). So just something to think about. Certainly if you were creating documents from scratch there, it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 rossi.

OU812 wrote: »
    Hi,

We're hiring a designer in house for the first time & I'm trying to put together their "kit". Obviously I'm going to need Adobe apps & I was wondering if it makes much difference wether I buy a second hand copy of the older software or I have to do the monthly lease thing they're doing now?

Also typically what's the minimum spec mac I'm gonna need?

Thanks in advance.

quick answers, basic laptop will do, and no older versions are just as good..macs are not necessary, i run the software on the cheapest argos laptop when away from the desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭rock22

Not sure if you can buy a secondhand adobe product.

i have CS3, which works for me. i am allowed activate the product on up to 3 PC.s I could sell the disk without deactivating but the new owner would not be able to activate.

So you would want to check that the software will activate beforw parting with your money.

Personally, I much prefer the older software rather than the current lease system as you will need to keep up your subscriptions even when not actually working on the docs. ( this may not be an issue of you are a busy office with no / or little downtime.)

Advertisement