Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My insurance rose by over 100% from previous year

Options
  • 07-09-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I had a policy with Liberty last year that was less than 800 euro. This policy ended while I was away on a J1 so I was not able to renew at the time when I was being quoted €718.59. When I returned from my J1 I rang them for a quote to renew with the same details (plus another year of no claims and driving experience to add to the details) I was getting a quote of over 1600. Surely a company can not increase their premium by such a significant amount with no claims made on my previous insurance cover?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

I had a policy with Liberty last year that was less than 800 euro. This policy ended while I was away on a J1 so I was not able to renew at the time when I was being quoted €718.59. When I returned from my J1 I rang them for a quote to renew with the same details (plus another year of no claims and driving experience to add to the details) I was getting a quote of over 1600. Surely a company can not increase their premium by such a significant amount with no claims made on my previous insurance cover?
    Hi Notorious93
    Can you PM me with your quotation details and I will take a look into this for you.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That happened to me last year - I had an open claim. This year, despite no change in circumstances and no claims since last renewal it's gone up by about 500/600 euro (monthly payments went down when I moved house in February so can't calculate it right). The quote they've sent me is higher than the car is worth. Joke. 

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

That happened to me last year - I had an open claim. This year, despite no change in circumstances and no claims since last renewal it's gone up by about 500/600 euro (monthly payments went down when I moved house in February so can't calculate it right). The quote they've sent me is higher than the car is worth. Joke. 
    I changed to Aviva in the end and got my insurance for 950ish... Still hoped to get better but it's better than the disgraceful quote I got from Liberty. Rates are gone up, I accept that, but no way in hell are they gone up that much. Such a gimmick.

Advertisement