Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal Warning in Accommodation & Property

Options
  • 07-09-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Hi There,

I would like to intimate an appeal against a warning given to me by Victor with respect to this thread. I must advise that I have attempted to appeal this matter directly with VIctor however since initial contact with Victor, I have been unable to raise a further response from him...

The offending post which has since been removed was
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Council won't take a vehicle unless the vehicle has had its plates removed by somebody.......... All the Gardai can do is ticket the car for being untaxed. Vehicles don't need insurance to be parked on a road.

The reason provided for my warning was
    Victor wrote:
    Moderator Note

Advocating criminal damage is not acceptable.

During the course of my appeal I advised Victor that I had not encouraged criminal damage and had advised on thread that the Council will only remove vehicles from estates in the event that their Registration Plates had been removed.

Victor returned to me and questioned why I had "raised something that hadn't been mentioned"

I advised Victor that there were at least two post pre dating my own advising the OP to contact the local Council through different mediums. The reason for comment was to further advise the parameters that must be met for the Council to take action.

I highlighted to Victor that the intention of my post was merely to be helpful on the topic and that I had not endorsed criminal damage in any way.

I have failed to hear back from Victor since and it is now in excess of two days since our last contact. As such, I would appreciate if a CMod could take the time to review this matter at their convenience. I can forward all PM's further clarifying points as need be upon request or can indeed post them here in line with spirit of the DRP if requested.

Kind Regards,

Mugs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi MugMugs

can you please send on your PM exchange (or attempted) with the mod?
    If they reply in the meantime great, it is only just after the weekend and I'm not sure if they were tied up and are only getting to PMs now.

Cheers
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi Taltos,

I appreciate your prompt response.

I've forwarded all four mails onto you now.

Much obliged,

Mugs

Got them - cheers.

I'll revisit them with the mod later. In the meatime MugMugs can you explain what you meant by the following, specifically the end of it?
    I just need to get a clearer understanding of the intent if that's OK?
    Council won't take a vehicle unless the vehicle has had its plates removed by somebody..........

Taltos wrote: »
    Got them - cheers.

I'll revisit them with the mod later. In the meatime MugMugs can you explain what you meant by the following, specifically the end of it?
    I just need to get a clearer understanding of the intent if that's OK?

Hi Taltos,

Ultimately, that as others had suggested that the OP feed the vehicle to the local CoCo as abandoned that the Council in itself would not remove the vehicle unless the plates had been removed.

Generally Councils cannot deem a vehicle as being abandoned whilst it is still tagged with it's plates. The owner of the vehicle when abandoning their vehicle and to avoid having the vehicle ticketed for no tax if expired would need to remove their plates.

Hope that offers some clarity on my train of thought.

Mugs

It does MugMugs

I just needed to be sure you were not in a roundabout way suggesting that the OP or other take such a step. I am sure you can see why I might think that.
    I'm going to request the warning be removed but please do take care on contentious issues like this, as you'd expect the mods have to err on the side of caution and even with precedents before your post your .... could be interpreted the wrong way, actually pretty much guaranteed to only be interpreted that way. I say this as I've used it as a tongue in cheek type of post myself.

Normally I'd suggest the warning stand but not seeing any previous posts like that in A&P from you I'm making the call that it was just the wrong post at the wrong time in that thread. Next time though should there be a next time I will support the warning/infraction as appropriate.

Warning overturned, but post remains deleted.
    But caution suggested...

• Advertisement

Completely accepted Taltos. I can see how it may have come across differently but can assure you that wasn't the intention.

Thank you to both yourself and Victor for your time on this. I appreciate the consideration regardless of the result and obviously appreciate your understanding too.

Mugs

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Card reversed and closing thread as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement