Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Football Final Kerry -v- Dublin WARNING POST #110

Comments

Amprodude wrote: »
    All these kind of omens or facts are non irrelevant when two teams face each other on any given day. I don't believe in them. If you are good enough on the day you will win no matter what.
    Exactly Dublin will win again next year if good enough. And looking at the opposition no reason not to be favorites again at this stage.

Bambi wrote: »
    Ah right so he has no form except in the mind of the whingers who come out of the woodwork every time dublin win an Ireland

Nice post count btw :D

Both of these must be in my mind so! I have a great imagination.

http://youtu.be/0qXWZ5rqaQ4

http://youtu.be/rh6YQBgD-0A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

His bite of Paul Kerrigan should surely be considered "form". Having said that he's my MOTM, Player of the Year and his antics in recent games haven't decided the outcome.

It's five year old form at this stage. He was red carded playing U-12s too I hear, the bowsie

Both of these must be in my mind so! I have a great imagination.

http://youtu.be/0qXWZ5rqaQ4

http://youtu.be/rh6YQBgD-0A

Ah you mean the headbutt that never was? the other camera angle showed Aidans carry on up on that one.

All star in the bag. He'll be just behind McCaffrey for player of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Split Dublin in 2! It's just ridiculous at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Dublin comfortably the better team on the day. Their workrate and intensity was superb. Apart from maybe 10 minutes in the first half and a few minutes early in the 2nd half Kerry never looked at the pace of the game. Of the 3 All-Irelands Dublin have won this is probably the first time they delivered their best performance on final day. In 2011 they caught Kerry with a late burst and in 2013 they played below par for long stretches.

The 2013 semi-final had us all hoping for a classic but conditions looked awful. Kerry at least had the consolation of the minor and will undoubtedly be back in contention next year. Overall though an underwhelming end to an underwhelming championship season.

Ah you mean the headbutt that never was? the other camera angle showed Aidans carry on up on that one.

All star in the bag. He'll be just behind McCaffrey for player of the year

The headbutt that never was followed the bite that didn't happen and was before the eye gouge that didn't take place!

Oh he may well get an All Star. But that doesn't act as some magic eraser to clear away his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Ah right so he has no form except in the mind of the whingers who come out of the woodwork every time dublin win an Ireland

You obviously don't attend Dublin club matches on a regular basis if you don't think Philly has previous. Some of his Dublin team mates can testify to this.

Well done Dublin, by far the better team today.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Slattsy wrote: »
    Split Dublin in 2! It's just ridiculous at this stage.

Yes, and split Kerry in two as well, and Kilkenny...then join london up with New York and let them play with 25 players...perhaps also let Mayo start each semi final with a goal to their credit...that should go some way to even things up...no matter it would no longer be inter county football...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Would like to have seen Tommy Walsh put in with Donaghy. Twin towers. You'd probably end up with at least one extra Dub in there, clogging up the square but it would leave more room 30m out to pick off points. Would likely also fix the Dub corner backs to that area reducing overlaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭tritium

SmallFrog wrote: »
    got let off the hook re the mayo game.
    here's hoping the same blind eye (pardon the unfortunate pun) isnt turned to todays 'performance'
    Good footballer but no one wants that type of thuggery in the game.
    Star would knock him into tuesday in a one-to-one - maybe we'll see that someday

Star wouldn't exactly be considered a nice guy by many folks either....

The reality is most great teams in any sport have one or two players who walk right on, and sometimes cross the lines. Philly isn't a saint but he also gets a certain amount of undue attention due to the perceived reputation- the reaction around the two contrasting 'head butt' videos was a good example. He's not the first, Paul Galvin had the same thing. Was it a gouge today?-I'm not actually sure until I see it again. Will be interesting to hear if the Kerry camp make any comment.

tritium wrote: »
    Star wouldn't exactly be considered a nice guy by many folks either....

The reality is most great teams in any sport have one or two players who walk right on, and sometimes cross the lines. Philly isn't a saint but he also gets a certain amount of undue attention due to the perceived reputation- the reaction around the two contrasting 'head butt' videos was a good example. He's not the first, Paul Galvin had the same thing. Was it a gouge today?-I'm not actually sure until I see it again. Will be interesting to hear if the Kerry camp make any comment.

Think it should be left alone and would be a little surprised and disappointed if Kerry make a comment. If the GAA take action fair enough, but it didn't affect the outcome, let the post match whinging about bad decisions to the Cork County Board.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Did he or did he not eye gouge Kieran Donaghy today? The answer to that question is yes. Ref missed it on the pitch so a ban should follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Poor game fantastic result

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

What's all the complaining about? Hands down the better team won, less errors n better use of possession.. mc mahons alleged eye gouge if spotted by officials would not hav changed result.. cannot understand all these clutching at straws scenarios after every big game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well if Cork fans can bring the confederate flag.....

Ive seen them with a japanese flag at height of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Colm O'Rourke says that the Donaghy/O'Carroll incident near the end was a 'stonewall' penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Le Henry wrote: »
    What's all the complaining about? Hands down the better team won, less errors n better use of possession.. mc mahons alleged eye gouge if spotted by officials would not hav changed result.. cannot understand all these clutching at straws scenarios after every big game!

Not a single person has said that Kerry were robbed, deserved to win or were even remotely likely to win
    The eye gouge is a separate and serious matter in case you don't understand

Le Henry wrote: »

There are 2 separate issues, Dublins win and that eye gouge.

I don't think anyone is saying Dublin didn't deserve to win, but it seems to be Dublin supporters conflating criticism of the eye gouge with the win and defending the former on the basis of sour grapes. A team can deserve to win an All Ireland and accept that a player was involved in a nasty incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Can't wait to hear Philly's " if you look at it from another angle" excuse next week.

• Advertisement

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Did he or did he not eye gouge Kieran Donaghy today? The answer to that question is yes. Ref missed it on the pitch so a ban should follow.

If you can see philly eye gouging donaghy then god bless your eye sight because you have x-ray vision. I can see he has a hand on donaghys face and that's it.

Of course you can take donaghys word for it but he's a man who's never lost a tackle without claiming he was fouled so good luck with that

Same ould nonsense from the whingers last year with o'gara, everyone claiming burke was bitten by him and when the footage showed it was actually burke fish hooking him then interest was suddenly lost :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,005 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The future is bright for this Dublin team... Still a young squad with great talent, yet they have the know how and a great deal of Championship experience and that winning mentality, no reason why they potentially couldn't do back to back or at least go on to win a few more All Ireland's in the coming years.

Of course you can take donaghys word for it but he's a man who's never lost a tackle without claiming he was fouled so good luck with that

Same ould nonsense from the whingers last year with o'gara, everyone claiming burke was bitten by him and when the footage showed it was actually burke fish hooking him then interest was suddenly lost :rolleyes:

You still saying McMahon never headbutted anyone and never bit anyone and what we saw was actually in our minds?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

I don't know much about GAA but I recognised Bernard Dunne on one of the sidelines during the match, what was he doing there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭tritium

There are 2 separate issues, Dublins win and that eye gouge.

I don't think anyone is saying Dublin didn't deserve to win, but it seems to be Dublin supporters conflating criticism of the eye gouge with the win and defending the former on the basis of sour grapes. A team can deserve to win an All Ireland and accept that a player was involved in a nasty incident.

It would probably have Dublin supporters less defensive if it wasn't wrapped around lots of whinging about Cluxton time-wasting, Dubs taking too many steps, that sort of assorted ****e......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

If you can see philly eye gouging donaghy then god bless your eye sight because you have x-ray vision. I can see he has a hand on donaghys face and that's it.

And Aidan O'Shea claiming he was headbutted when the later footage showed clearly he wasn't.

The footage doesn't show McMahon eye-gouging but the whingers on here will say he did, just like they said he headbutted Aidan O'Shea and Aidan O'Shea lied about it.

You still saying McMahon never headbutted anyone and never bit anyone and what we saw was actually in our minds?

Oh he never headbutted anyone, the second video angle fairly conclusively showed that. Aidan o'shea pulling him into him. That's a beaten docket now chief

He did have a fair old nibble on someone years back

But now we're supposed to take a serial abbey actor like kieran dongaghys word that he was gouged? I'd be looking for some actual evidence before throwing any accusations about there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

noway12345 wrote: »
    I don't know much about GAA but I recognised Bernard Dunne on one of the sidelines during the match, what was he doing there?

Waterboy.

Shows you how great the GAA is that a former world champion boxer is only considered good enough to pass drinks to the players.

Waterboy.

Shows you how great the GAA is that a former world champion boxer is only considered good enough to pass drinks to the players.

Really? Does he have nothing better to do? Does he get paid to be a waterboy? It'd be the first paid waterboy I've ever heard of. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Really? Does he have nothing better to do? Does he get paid to be a waterboy? It'd be the first paid waterboy I've ever heard of. :D

9 euros an hour. But you get free hot dogs at half time and as much water as you can drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Of the 3 All-Irelands Dublin have won this is probably the first time they delivered their best performance on final day. .

I'm not sure, didn't think Dublin were all that great today.
    Better than Kerry certainly, but not sure better than their earlier performances.

The replay win v Mayo was more impressive I thought - they put 3 goals past Mayo that day.

Better than Kerry certainly, but not sure better than their earlier performances.

The replay win v Mayo was more impressive I thought - they put 3 goals past Mayo that day.

Dublin's finishing wasn't great today but the rest of their game was spot on.

Their defence and midfield have improved as the season has gone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Petfect conditions vs mayo and horrible conditions vs kerry. They were never going to play as well.

Godge wrote: »
    The footage doesn't show McMahon eye-gouging but the whingers on here will say he did, just like they said he headbutted Aidan O'Shea and Aidan O'Shea lied about it.

Here is a still, but you are correct, we don't have an footage from inside Donaghys eye looking out showing a finger going into it. All we have is a hand on someone's face pulling back, an assumption that the fingers are at the end of that hand, and the player pointing to his eye afterwards.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/video-is-philly-mcmahon-guilty-of-an-eye-gouge-on-kieran-donaghy-31542825.html

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SmallFrog

Dublin's finishing wasn't great today but the rest of their game was spot on.

Wouldnt agree with that.
    Midfield won an easy battle.
    Flynn and Dolph were in and out of the game.

Brogan is finished by the way. At best gets a 4/10 today. And thats generous.
    Rock was useless too.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    9 euros an hour. But you get free hot dogs at half time and as much water as you can drink.

:D How the mighty have fallen.

Wouldnt agree with that.
    Midfield won an easy battle.
    Flynn and Dolph were in and out of the game.

Brogan is finished by the way. At best gets a 4/10 today. And thats generous.
    Rock was useless too.

I though Flynn had a great game.Did a really good defensive job in the first half and then kicked half of Dublins scores in the second half.

Bernard Brogan was outstanding in the 2 games against Mayo so I don't know where you're getting this idea that he's finished.

Here is a still, but you are correct, we don't have an footage from inside Donaghys eye looking out showing a finger going into it. All we have is a hand on someone's face pulling back, an assumption that the fingers are at the end of that hand, and the player pointing to his eye afterwards.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/video-is-philly-mcmahon-guilty-of-an-eye-gouge-on-kieran-donaghy-31542825.html

That looks horrible, I didn't notice it during the game. Is there any history of this sort of stuff in GAA, I've seen it in rugby.

Here are the ratings the Indo (I know, I know) gave each player
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublinkerry-player-ratings-what-hamstring-injury-cian-osullivan-shines-for-dublin-31543069.html

Some strange ones, i.e B.Brogan 8/10, Bastick 8/10, McCaffrey only 6/10
    Suggests MOTM between O'Sullivan and P.McMahon which seems about right

by the way, Dublin made 6 subs, one of them must have been a blood sub? Don't remember them getting a black card.

That looks horrible, I didn't notice it during the game. Is there any history of this sort of stuff in GAA, I've seen it in rugby.

no really, the odd bit of fish-hooking, but not much in the line of eye-gouging

• Advertisement

no really, the odd bit of fish-hooking, but not much in the line of eye-gouging

He'll get a big ban?

He'll get a big ban?

No, everything that could be considered dangerous play has been let go in 2015, so even if the video footage was clear as day, nothing would come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SmallFrog

He'll get a big ban?

depends on the camera angles that emerge.
    if the evidence is there he should get 12 months.
    if i was him i'd be apologising on the sunday game tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Le Henry

Overall we can safely say Jim mcguieness has denied dublin 3 in a row :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Just seeing it on the news now. Certainly has a case to answer but it will be brushed over tonight on Sunday Game.

If it was rugby, and I know it's not, that act would result in a long ban. Knew exactly what he was at, no ball there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

depends on the camera angles that emerge.
    if the evidence is there he should get 12 months.
    if i was him i'd be apologising on the sunday game tonight too.

There won't be any camera angle that shows eye-gouging.

The whole thing is an attempt to stop someone from Ballymun deservedly winning Footballer of the Year, he dominated everyone who faced up to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

That's bollox because the incident was shown in slow motion less than 20 seconds after it happened. No need for x-ray vision. I also dont need Donaghy to confirm anything. I only think one of us has affected vision on this count. Go and enjoy the result, ye deserved to win. But McMahon's cowardice should be exposed.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    McMahon's cowardice should be exposed.
    cowardice? ......eye gouging is one of the forgotten arts of Gaelic Football :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It was the same after the Mayo game. Always ****ers keen to pick out Dublin indiscretions. Even non existent Dublin indiscretions.

Not a peep about Cooper kicking James McCarthy in the air today. Cocked his leg and fully extended it. Knew exactly what he was doing. Had he been wearing a blue jersey you'd never hear the ****ing end of it.

and what about Darren O'Sullivan's haircut, ffs .........a crime 'agin' humanity :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement