Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Football Final Kerry -v- Dublin WARNING POST #110

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

corny wrote: »
    Best thing to do is withdraw like Donegal do. Its not pretty but it is effective if you do it right against Dublin.

And because it's Kerry doing it and not an Ulster team it will be clever management instead of puke football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Kerry wil go high-risk today and I can see Cluxton getting caught for at least one or two goals, he will rue the day he ever kicked out the short ball against Kerry.

Donegal's keeper cost them dear with the short kickout last year when the long hand of Donaghy intercepted it and buried it into the net past the hapless keeper. Either Cluxton kicks out short and Kerry punishes it or he goes long and Maher and Moran the two best midfielders of a generation will punish them there. Kerry will give special treatment to Bernard Brogan and these combination of tactics will see Sam rest easy in the Hills of Kerry for yet another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Stinicker wrote: »
    Galvin is a passenger but Walsh and Darran may yet play a pivotal role today, especially Tommy Walsh, and yes this really sounds like an overrated bench. http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=240300

He said it was better than Dublin bench by quite a distance.

I'm not sure it is .

Dublin have Alan Brogan, Cormac Costello,McManamon and McAuley on their bench as attack minded subs and they've got plenty of defensive cover as well.

The amount of all Ireland medals on the bench is irrelevant as more than half of those 21 all Ireland medals belong to 2 players who are past their best (Galvin and Marc O'Se) and a player who has not played championship Gaelic Football in a long while (so nobody can really tell how good he is at this level right now)

Kerry's bench isn't that much better than Dublins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I think the talk to Kerry's brilliant bench maybe something that started earlier in the summer when Gooch was on it, and possibly JOD for the first game (I'm not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I think the talk to Kerry's brilliant bench maybe something that started earlier in the summer when Gooch was on it, and possibly JOD for the first game (I'm not sure).

BJ Keane has been brilliant this year imo.

I think their bench is better than Dublin's in truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

corny wrote: »
    Best thing to do is withdraw like Donegal do. Its not pretty but it is effective if you do it right against Dublin.

Did you watch Donegal play Dublin last year?

Did you note the kick out strategy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I think Dublin will win it would I would be supporting Kerry, though I may bet on Dublin so I may end up supporting Dublin.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

As for the All Ireland hurling final, it is a zero tolerance policy in place

Enjoy the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭threeball

Bar Darren O Sullivan kerrys bench isnt brilliant. Tommy Walsh is yet another example why no player should leave Gaa for that abortion of a game in Australia. Left as one of the best players in the country and game back a shadow.
    Kerry need to push up on the dublin kick outs and force a midfield contest if they are to win. Wetter weather will suit kerry as dublin need to move at high pace to be effective but kerry would be more comfortable in a more patient attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

threeball wrote: »
    Tommy Walsh is yet another example why no player should leave Gaa for that abortion of a game in Australia. Left as one of the best players in the country and game back a shadow.
    I'd say that that quaint habit the Aussies have of paying players might come into it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 HugoRune

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I think you'll be fine, as long as you take the port tunnel all the way to the end of the line. You'll have to pay the toll, but it will be well worth it to avoid the traffic at Drumcondra Rd/Santry/Whitehall heading towards Croke Park.

I know there are many in Internet land who simply won't be able to sleep until I report on my journey from Mayo to Dublin Port. And so it follows:

The day began wet in the AM, but that was far from unexpected. And my journey ended in Dublin Port (via the port tunnel) at 1PM having experienced no delays anywhere en route. Movie rights available.

Good luck to all today!

As for the All Ireland hurling final, it is a zero tolerance policy in place

Enjoy the game

Surely with this being a GAA forum we can all just appeal and get off without punishment.

Hitchens wrote: »
    I'd say that that quaint habit the Aussies have of paying players might come into it ;)

Yes pittance to uproot your life and head over to play a game that has similarities to football but really is miles away. Watched swans vs kangaroos yesterday and the only skill required was to take a thump and determine the bounce of an egg. Score was the equivalent of 7pts to 4pts over 80 mins with more wides and one pointers than you could shake a stick at. A lad would be as well off chancing his arm at rugby as heading over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Key to beating dublin is when they score a goal, is for Kerry to keep the head and make sure they don't get an other like they always do. One thing dublin always do is kick on from goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Surely with this being a GAA forum we can all just appeal and get off without punishment.

Only if you go through the three different committees and have a lot of money for the appeal ;)

2001 was the last final that had a big graphic painted in the middle of the field.

2001 was the last final that had a big graphic painted in the middle of the field.

Bad news for Kerry then, a team wearing green and gold lost that final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Afternoon all..... Have we anyone from the Country shouting for the Dubs today ?

STB. wrote: »
    Afternoon all..... Have we anyone from the Country shouting for the Dubs today ?

I'd prefer a Dublin win. I don't think there would be a huge amount of people around the country hoping Kerry would win another. Dublin better to watch in full flow also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Bad news for Kerry then, a team wearing green and gold lost that final.

Leinster champions beaten though ;)

yes as i have a bet on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Come on Kerry!

Which Paul Flynn and Diarmuid Connolly will turn up today, I wonder ? Looks like we will be in for slippy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Martin carney :(

Hope and expect a great game. Kerry's bench to make the difference. Kerry to win by 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

STB. wrote: »

I'd probably prefer to see Dublin win than Kerry but I doubt I'll be cheering for them or would be too upset if they don't win. Hoping for a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Love the pitch markings in the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

blew it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Kerry's soft belly being exposed already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Poor start from Brogan, it's all breaking down when it gets to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Will someone tell me what did Fion fits do wrong there?

• Advertisement

Cluxton is struggling with the kickouts - Dublin movement being covered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Pulling jersey and arm.

Cluxton has been awful with the kicks so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

He fouled.
    Hands all over him.
    Essentially shepherded him into the deck.

Clear free.

Cluxton with a bad start.

Kerry get 2 quick points to level.

Dublin will rue missing that goal chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Few poor wides for Kerry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

O'Donoghue needs to be in closer to the goal, too self-indulgent out the pitch in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Someone with Cluxtons experience shouldn't be at this, he's lost the head a bit. Trying balls that aren't on and on a slick surface on top of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

A fine bad match so far. Weather pure ****e too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Someone's going to have a headache after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Meath ref giving very little to the Dubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,003 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dubs seem to be having more difficulty with the conditions. A lot of players slipping and having problems gathering in the ball. On the other hand Kerry's shooting boots are still back in the changing room some very bad wides.

I had a feeling this slippy ball was going to give Dublin alot of problems. Kerry a bit more assured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Some poor stuff on display here from both teams, weather obviously not helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Staggering the amount of mistakes so far on both sides. I don't think you can attribute the conditions to all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

some awful wides by both sides

Very nervey so far............. Players slipping all over the shop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great team score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

awful sides, the two teams are ****ting in their panses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Handling is appalling, even giving allowances for it being slippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

should be a black card for Mahoney

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement