Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Football Final Kerry -v- Dublin WARNING POST #110

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Joanne's post match questions:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Pity it was only the 3 they were beaten by. Hammer the hammer indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hon the Dubs

Rawhead wrote: »
    Pity it was only the 3 they were beaten by. Hammer the hammer indeed.

Nah sure I had Dublin by three in the pools thread so it's all good ;)

Better team won, no complaints.

The eye gouge was bad, but certainly not relevant to the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

Anyone notice McMahon eye gouge on donaghy around 66'?

He had a great game not far off motm, but Don't like seeing that crap.

Between him mccaffrey and Fento for motm

Gomango wrote: »
    Anyone notice McMahon eye gouge on donaghy around 66'?

No, I don't think anyone did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No, I don't think anyone did!

Well certainly nobody mentioned it if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Realbhoy

Joanne Cantwell needs to f**k off asking Eamon Fitzmaurice if he's staying on.

It's not the time or the place.

Did something similar happen with Jimmy Barry Murphy after cork were knocked out of the hurling? Must be policy to ask it. At that moment in time though it reveals a complete lack of awareness of what a defeated manager must be going through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

ThisRegard wrote: »

I'm delighted Dublin won. McMahon clearly gouged the fat lads eye though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Good win by Dublin, don't know how they missed all those goals, good job from a Kerry perspective or it would have been an embarrassment full time score.

Congratulations to Dublin a hard battle but they were too good for Kerry. Another chapter in the age old rivalry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Realbhoy wrote: »
    Did something similar happen with Jimmy Barry Murphy after cork were knocked out of the hurling? Must be policy to ask it. At that moment in time though it reveals a complete lack of awareness of what a defeated manager must be going through.

She did, and in my opinion it displays a real lack of class and is a symptom of this race to the bottom journalism we see.

It reminds me of the time Derek Thompson asked Ruby Walsh if he regretted choosing Kauto Star over Denman in the Gold Cup a few years back.

Ruby looked at Thompson and said "that's possibly the most stupid question I've ever been asked, you didn't have to ask that"

Thompson replied "yes, I did"

Ruby was burning a hole through him at this stage and replied firmly
    " no.....you didn't".

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Congrats Dublin, Kerry never really showed up. Conditions made a very mediocre final out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I'm surprised Dublin did not score any of the goal chances they created.

But what was more interesting is where this much hyped Kerry bench was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Kerry don't play puke football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Congrats to all the Dubs. Better team and deserved champions.

Gutted that we didn't turn up.

Ball broke the wrong way too often.

Dublin half backs sublime.

Donnacha Walsh and Enright brilliant for us.

Definite penalty for me but no whinging really. Better team won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

The best team in the Country won the all ireland, but seriously Dubs ye need to stop being so butt hurt. It was a terrible spectacle, did you not see the wides? All the slipping, the difficulties the players had on the ball. None of it was their fault, it was just a pity as this could have been a classic on a good day.

Genuinely, if this was in March and there was no atmosphere it would soon be forgotten. I doubt there'll be too many rewatching on the basis of the quality of play at any rate.

It was no classic but deserving winners, well done and enjoy the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

So yeah, okay, Dublin4Sam 2015 it is then :) Better team won today ; still trying to understand the reasoning behind the standard today by Kerry, just no-where near the high-standards accustomed by our team.

Enjoy the Celebrations Dublin,
    kerry4sam

/& no I'm not changing my name!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Peist2007 wrote: »
    McMahon stuck his fingers in Donaghy's eyes there. Gouged him, cameras caught it
    Absolutely. I cant stand Donaghy. But he was gouged. Clear as day.
    Not at all. The Dubs deserved to win today and are worthy champions. And i am a Mayo man. However, McMahon gouged Donaghy needlessly and slyly with 5 minutes to go and that happened so pointing it out isnt whinging on my part. Cant stand Donaghy. But McMahon should have seen red.

I have since removed my bonnet and the bee has thankfully flown off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Nothing like a schooling to hand out to that much vaunted Kerry team.

How we only won by 3. Game should have been over with 10min to go and us out of sight.

Fenton was MOTM for me.

Last year was the worst final since 2009. Today was a battle. Love games like that. Especially against Kerry. It doesn't half wind em up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

But what was more interesting is where this much hyped Kerry bench was ?

Well the people who mattered knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SmallFrog

yeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Stuff like this annoys the ****e out of me.

The Kerry Bench probably has more All Irelands than the entire Dublin team combined and they are All Ireland champs.

It really makes the rest of your point look idiotic when you post nonsense like this.

I was out by a point, but otherwise called it pretty squarely.
    thank you.

Eamon Fitz has some job of work if he is to oversee this transition.

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Nothing like a schooling to hand out to that much vaunted Kerry team.

How we only won by 3. Game should have been over with 10min to go and us out of sight.

Fenton was MOTM for me.

Last year was the worst final since 2009. Today was a battle. Love games like that. Especially against Kerry. It doesn't half wind em up.

Today was a hideous game to watch. The worst final I remember. Far worse than last year.

The conditions did not help at all.

Today was a hideous game to watch. The worst final I remember. Far worse than last year.

Agreed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Stinicker wrote: »
    Congratulations to Dublin a hard battle but they were too good for Kerry. Another chapter in the age old rivalry.

Thanks senior stinicker them words coming from you are quite welcoming.

Fenton was MOTM for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Delighted with the win. Very very happy at the moment, thanks to all the Kerry lads for posting on same.

It was a terrible day for forwards. Big names made look like poor footballers.

Thanks to the two Mayo lads at half time who were up for us too.

The Kerry minors were fantastic today, looked to be set up tactically like a senior team.

Well done lads.

i think Kerry might have been better equipped had they held onto Jack O'Connor for the second game too.

Eamon Fitz has serious questions hanging over him.
    And the 2014 all-irl must now surely be considered one of the 'softest ever won' - right place at the right time etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭threeball

Very Bored wrote: »
    I'm not bitter mate. I only watched today because it was the final. I could count the number of Gaelic football matches I watch a year on half a hand. We already won what I consider to be the important one two weeks ago so I'm quite content thanks :D. I just don't like gamesmanship.

Talk about myopic. Your county fielded one of the most cynical teams ever to grace a hurling field so don't go around acting like the last bastion of honour in sport. Kk just like Kerry probably wouldnt have won half ye're all irelands without it.

Dublin by far the better team today. Not even a contest in terms of dominance and possession. On a dry day they would have wiped the floor with Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Anyone notice the Dub with a Scotland flag in the hill earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

No it wasn't.

Both teams tried to play football today which wasn't the case last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

SmallFrog wrote: »
    i think Kerry might have been better equipped had they held onto Jack O'Connor for the second game too.

Eamon Fitz has serious questions hanging over him.
    And the 2014 all-irl must now surely be considered one of the 'softest ever won' - right place at the right time etc.
    A mistake by Donegal keeper won Kerry the the All Ireland last year. It could have gone either way only for that.

Jack McCaffrey must be favourite for footballer of the year now.

I'm going for Dublin to win.

Kerry have the stronger midfield (although Dublin are catching up in that area) but I think Dublin have a slightly better forward line are more solid at the back and they don't give up a huge amount of goal chances. Cian O'Sullivan if he isn't going to play will be a loss but John Small is a good replacement for him

Dublin have one of the greatest half forward lines of all time and I think that gives them the edge in this game I expect Connolly and Flynn to have big games and I think Kerry's defence hasn't been able to deal with teams who run at them and Dublin have the players to take advantage of this weakness.I fancy that they will take the goal chances that Tyrone didn't and that will decide the game.

It will be interesting to see if Dean Rock starts.He's not contributing a huge amount from play but his free taking has been good and with Cluxton not taking as many frees as he used to he won't be as capable of filling in for Rock in that area.If I was Jim Gavin I think I'd drop Rock and start Alan Brogan instead and perhaps Bernard Brogan can take the frees.Rock was excellent in 2013 as a impact sub as when the game loosens up with players tired at the end he can take advantage so perhaps he can have more impact coming on as a sub than starting.

Wasn't far off with the above prediction.

The Dublin half forward line destroyed Kerry and Dublin's midfield broke even (at least) with Kerry.

In the words of Kerry's Pat Spillane, "A good team wins an All Ireland but a great team does back to back".....I won't finish this sentence or I will have all Kerry folk after me but everyone knows the end of that quote. :D

Bambi wrote: »
    What form there does he have chief?

his behaviour against mayo was appalling too.
    hopefully he'll be sitting at home for the allstars.
    players acting like that dont deserve any celebration or acknowledgement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Anyone notice the Dub with a Scotland flag in the hill earlier?

Well if Cork fans can bring the confederate flag.....

Kerry need to weave in about 6-7 players over the league.
    gooch will be back, and JOD is a joy to watch (usually).
    The kerry attack at the minute otherwise tho is scattered with 'workhorses'.
    This goes against the kerry style. I'd even have BJ Keane on before some of the current crop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

his behaviour against mayo was appalling too.
    hopefully he'll be sitting at home for the allstars.
    players acting like that dont deserve any celebration or acknowledgement.

His behaviour against Mayo was a match winning performance. :)

You might have missed the question there, what form would that be? When was he last sent off or banned?

You might have missed the question there, what form would that be? When was he last sent off or banned?

got let off the hook re the mayo game.
    here's hoping the same blind eye (pardon the unfortunate pun) isnt turned to todays 'performance'
    Good footballer but no one wants that type of thuggery in the game.
    Star would knock him into tuesday in a one-to-one - maybe we'll see that someday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

realies wrote: »
    Thanks senior stinicker them words coming from you are quite welcoming.

Stinicker seems to have had some sort it conversion lately.

Far more mellow he/she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Amprodude wrote: »
    In the words of Kerry's Pat Spillane, "A good team wins an All Ireland but a great team does back to back".....I won't finish this sentence or I will have all Kerry folk after me but everyone knows the end of that quote. :D

that's a pretty pathetic post!

Dublin have won 3 finals in 5 years, 2 of them against Kerry, but haven't had back to back in donkeys years, so do you think Dublin are not a great team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stinicker seems to have had some sort it conversion lately.

Far more mellow he/she is.

Won't be back till next February. Have to say i miss him already.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

got let off the hook re the mayo game.
    here's hoping the same blind eye (pardon the unfortunate pun) isnt turned to todays 'performance'
    Good footballer but no one wants that type of thuggery in the game.
    Star would knock him into tuesday in a one-to-one - maybe we'll see that someday

Ah right so he has no form except in the mind of the whingers who come out of the woodwork every time dublin win an Ireland

Nice post count btw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paintitwhite

His bite of Paul Kerrigan should surely be considered "form". Having said that he's my MOTM, Player of the Year and his antics in recent games haven't decided the outcome.

Agreed an even worse final, but the excuse of the conditions lets Dublin off the hook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Slimfast Shady

Every single time Dublin win a game there's always this type of bitterness.

Yeah - and it got old a very long time ago. Dublin deserved their win today - the played the better quality football overall. In hindsight, the extra Mayo game served them well. Am I right in thinking that this is the first time we've beaten Kerry in an AI Final when we've beaten Mayo in the Semi? The other 2 times we beat Mayo, Kerry have beaten us in the Final.

Every single time Dublin win a game there's always this type of bitterness.

Yeah - and it got old a very long time ago. Dublin deserved their win today - they played the better quality football overall. In hindsight, the extra Mayo game served them well. Am I right in thinking that this is the first time we've beaten Kerry in an AI Final when we've beaten Mayo in the Semi? The other 2 times we beat Mayo, Kerry have beaten us in the Final.

mystic86 wrote: »
    that's a pretty pathetic post!

Dublin have won 3 finals in 5 years, 2 of them against Kerry, but haven't had back to back in donkeys years, so do you think Dublin are not a great team?

They won't win back to back but are a good team for sure and good bit better than Kerry right now.

Yeah - and it got old a very long time ago. Dublin deserved their win today - the played the better quality football overall. In hindsight, the extra Mayo game served them well. Am I right in thinking that this is the first time we've beaten Kerry in an AI Final when we've beaten Mayo in the Semi? The other 2 times we beat Mayo, Kerry have beaten us in the Final.

All these kind of omens or facts are non irrelevant when two teams face each other on any given day. I don't believe in them. If you are good enough on the day you will win no matter what.

• Advertisement

Amprodude wrote: »
    All these kind of omens or facts are non irrelevant when two teams face each other on any given day. I don't believe in them. If you are good enough on the day you will win no matter what.

Firstly, I think you mean either "irrelevant" or "non-relevant"! Secondly, a fact is a fact and it can't be changed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement