Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improved Home Broadband Network

Options
  • 07-09-2015 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, I want to improve my wi-fi signal at home and have decided I probably need to change out my TP-Link N300 router. I started to have a look at options but got totally confused on what I should go for. I only get around 8mb broadband from my ISP anyway (rural location) but have 2 x smart TV's, 4 x mobile phones & 1 x laptop on the network. Can anyone advise as to my best option..?? I was looking at the TP-Link Archer C7 unit but feel it may be over kill.....!! :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Your router should be fine for what you're currently using it for ie your devices only streaming from the internet etc and not from a local NAS or PC.
    If this is all you're using it for then a wireless extender would do the job for the parts of the house with poor wifi coverage. Basically this piggybacks onto your current wireless network and increases your coverage area where it's poor.

eg
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1286627.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If range over the house is the issue get homeplugs.

If slow performance is the issue, you're asking too much of your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Advertisement