Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching course from compsci to film and broadcasting

Options
  • 07-09-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys i was wondering if or when it is possible to change courses. i am going into my first year of compsci but want to change to film and broadcasting whenever possible. thank you.

oh and i have not actually been to the college yet for induction so i don't really know anybody in that regard

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would be surprised if that was possible - they are completely different disciplines. The points for Film and Broadcasting were higher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Smitherines

Your best bet is to talk to the admissions office as soon as possible. The sooner the better too as there is only a particular time frame for these things. As said above the course you want to move to is higher in points than the course you are currently on and you pretty much have no chance of moving unless you got at least the minimum entry points for this other course. The course will be full already to so it's up to the college whether they allow an extra person on the course or not but usually they are open to this so they don't lose the student. My advice is if you have enough points for film and broadcasting then go for it and contact the college tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

If Film & Broadcasting was your first choice on the CAO, would you have had enough points for it? The course is limited in numbers due to the type of course it is - small classes and supervision is required with the equipment involved. There's also a limited number of computer spaces in the audio classes. I'd recommend you contact your Year Tutor or the FaB Year Tutor.

Advertisement