Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Martin_D wrote: »
    Lads this is the EP 2016 Thread - go to EP 2015 for the review/commentary on last weekend

I dunno how you can expect to only talk about next year's festival, when this year's one isn't even finished a week, people are bound to make references to this year's one..don't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

I can't find my third band, gonna have to pay the two picnics price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

dublinjen wrote: »

Send a photo of yourself beside a tent and say it's from the year your missing. Worked for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi guys. Sorry if this has been asked already, but where do I send proof that I've been to three Picnics? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hi guys. Sorry if this has been asked already, but where do I send proof that I've been to three Picnics? Thanks.

Into a magical black hole it would seem, as ticketmaster and festival republic have been appalling for getting these codes back to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know the ticketmaster email for loyalty codes not sent out?
    (not the festivalrepublic one)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gian-Pa

I emailed 'picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com' again today as I didn't get an answer yesterday, Friday.

Now I got this:
    Thank you for your email.

Codes will be valid from 11th September - 30th November 2015

Please visit www.ticketmaster.ie for details of current ticket availability.

What am I suppose to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Techo

Lads, what's wrong with going into a TM shop and buying physical tickets? Never been to EP til this year and got my tickets last year in a shop at the 3 year loyalty price, nice people to deal with and with the "I trust you attitude". Probably not getting much commission but seemed like they appreciated the bit of business rather than some faceless call centre operative or worse an automated computer.
    For this year I went to another shop with programmes and stuff from this year's EP nearby simply cos it was more convenient, same thing "I trust ya". No bother getting discount and support a local shop in a small way. Works out cheaper (less charges) and less stressful (no waiting on emails, resending them, worrying about 'where's my code', etc...F**k that s**t... Had four tickets and campervan within 3 hours of they going on sale. I appreciate it's easier for some to do it online, but it may help a small business by paying a visit. No connection to any shops btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Gian-Pa wrote: »
    I emailed 'picnicoffer@festivalrepublic.com' again today as I didn't get an answer yesterday, Friday.

Now I got this:

What am I suppose to do?

I got that yesterday too but then an email followed a few hours later with a code so I would just hold on for another bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dublinjen wrote: »

If you bought the 3 EP tickets online under the same account via ticketmaster, you can email them and they should be able to sort you with a code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Charlie wrote: »
    Into a magical black hole it would seem, as ticketmaster and festival republic have been appalling for getting these codes back to people.

I emailed TM (through the contact form) after midnight last night and I had my code sent at midday today, which is a decent turn around from TM for a change. Although I had always bought my EP tickets online so I shouldn't have had to ask for a code in the first place.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I emailed TM (through the contact form) after midnight last night and I had my code sent at midday today, which is a decent turn around from TM for a change. Although I had always bought my EP tickets online so I shouldn't have had to ask for a code in the first place.

I've had a route around their site, but can't come across the contact form at all. Could you post a link to it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

johnnykilo wrote: »

Mailed them around 8 last night still nothing.
    There must be >6 years worth of EP tickets on my current TM account slightly annoying that I didn't automatically get a code!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

I've had a route around their site, but can't come across the contact form at all. Could you post a link to it please.

go to Customer Service button - type in a question like - looking for EP 2016 code - will not have an answer and might throw up something on U2. Scroll down to end of that page a see Blue - Contact Us - button. Click on that for contact form

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just a note to everyone who was buying tickets today at TM, if they ask how many EPs have you been to say 3! They dont ask for any proof in most of them and its better in your pocket than theirs.

A lot to be said for shopping in a shop, and we're off to picnic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Don't see the hassle. Why can't people just do the old fashioned thing and call the feckin contact number. It has me sorted in minutes

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Don't see the hassle. Why can't people just do the old fashioned thing and call the feckin contact number. It has me sorted in minutes

Tried this numerous times, and it's just an endless maze of pressing buttons, that hasn't lead me to speaking to anyone.

All the whist calling an 0800 number on my mobile and getting charged.

Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Tried this numerous times, and it's just an endless maze of pressing buttons, that hasn't lead me to speaking to anyone.

Joke.

Maybe we got lucky. Spoke to a girl, she gave us her personal email and we re sent our details to her. She later replied from her personal email with the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Joke.

Just go to an outlet, it's no bother there. Think most easons have them. No code needed.

Couldnt be arsed ringing ticketmaster. Contact form is here. Just click this link, and ask a question. Then the contact tab shows up to fill out the form.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

Tickets booked and deposit down on pink moon. Haven't been in a few years. Went a few years on the trot from 2009 on. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Got the three year code no probs last year, no email this year so sent an email off, they asked for proof. Replied letting them know I got the code last year with proof and have since moved house so wristbands stored in a box in the attic.
    Ridiculous cos it should still be tied to my email. Have just sent them the code I used last year, waiting on a reply.
    What a palaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

Still no feckin code! Hopefully get it today. Got it straight away last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Got the three year code no probs last year, no email this year so sent an email off, they asked for proof. Replied letting them know I got the code last year with proof and have since moved house so wristbands stored in a box in the attic.
    Ridiculous cos it should still be tied to my email. Have just sent them the code I used last year, waiting on a reply.
    What a palaver.

Send them the email with the 3+ code that should do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Banatamon

my mate has her code but isn't going to use it. Im waiting on mine but nothing seems to be happening. Im wondering if I can use her code or is the code tied to her name/e-mail.? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Banatamon wrote: »
    my mate has her code but isn't going to use it. Im waiting on mine but nothing seems to be happening. Im wondering if I can use her code or is the code tied to her name/e-mail.? Anyone know?
    no it's fine you can use her code with your details ..

Couldnt be arsed ringing ticketmaster. Contact form is here. Just click this link, and ask a question. Then the contact tab shows up to fill out the form.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html

So after spending the weekend trying to email Festival Republic, email ticketmaster at their customer services email address, and try numerous times (unsuccessfully) to speak with someone on Ticketmaster's phone lines, I can confirm that the above contact form link worked for me. Just got my code there.

From other people's experiences as well, this seems to be the quickest way to get your code, so anyone still chasing, send Ticketmaster a message through that link, and you should have it later today.

Charlie wrote:
    So after spending the weekend trying to email Festival Republic, email ticketmaster at their customer services email address, and try numerous times (unsuccessfully) to speak with someone on Ticketmaster's phone lines, I can confirm that the above contact form link worked for me. Just got my code there.

Charlie wrote:
    From other people's experiences as well, this seems to be the quickest way to get your code, so anyone still chasing, send Ticketmaster a message through that link, and you should have it later today.

Same here.....emailed festival republic 4 times and emailed ticketmaster today and got code within the hour.

Same here.....emailed festival republic 4 times and emailed ticketmaster today and got code within the hour.
    Ticketmaster deal with people who bought the tickets on their TM account. Festivalrepublic deal with people proving they were there with photos etc

• Advertisement

Ticketmaster deal with people who bought the tickets on their TM account. Festivalrepublic deal with people proving they were there with photos etc

I bought last years online but all others were cash. They didn't ask me to send the proof of the other years and just sent me the code for 3 or more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement