Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    You reckon it's the end of the piecemeal Friday nights and we get all the stages back? Makes sense with 55,000 heading there this year after a low of approx 25,000 in 2012. It'd be pretty tight of Festival Republic to keep the first night scaled down.

Also what chance Squeeze being announced for the Friday after their Sat & Sun gigs in Vicar St and Belfast sell out?

I actually can't remember if Rankin Woods was opened on Friday, yeah Squeeze would be a good shout, some classic hits, another classic group doing the rounds around late August in Europe is 10CC who would also be a nice fit and a classic back catalogue of hits although Godley and Creme haven't been involved for yonks now but they would still be an interesting act. Can you imagine Dreadlock Holiday ringing around the arena.
    Rankins Wood was only open for Ride on Friday, and only then due to the Picnic cocking up the booking and having them down for the Sat night. The band had to go on social media to let everyone know the times. Though I guess it could have been the band screwing up also. They ended up playing about 7 and after the tent was shut down. And man were they loud. I think they just wanted to let everyone know they were on site, you could hear them from the back of the main stage area.

10cc would be superb. ELO also, but too expensive methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sloppyarse wrote: »
    How does one create a new account around here without being called a re-rege or troll?

Why is the Commuting & Transport forum such a echo chamber?

Is Boards such a closed shop alternative views are not welcome?

Why is a blind eye turned to violations of the forum charter allowed, when it suits a certain agenda?

Is Boards, a commercial enterprise, as well as volunteer Mods, Capablel of impartiality in a debate?

These questions have been asked, will they be answered honestly, or will the poster be banned?

If Boards.ie has skin in the game, it should be declared!

Hi Sloppyarse how is things, this is a music festival discussion, like maybe you should post this here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Man I'd love to be at a music festival this weekend the weather is divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Ride played rankin wood on Friday last year

Yeah but only because the scheduling was messed up. They still ended up playing about half an hour later than they were meant to.

Got the email today for the advance volunteer availability check, woo hoo! Bring it on. :)

• Advertisement

Hello.....

Is there anybody out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Hello.....

Is there anybody out there.

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone home?

Guitar solo

Ok its just a little pin prick....

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

is it me, you're looking for?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

roll wrote: »
    is it me, you're looking for?

giphy.gif

Unfortunately I can't imagine that David Gilmour would be there unless they do a Robert Plant kinda thingy they done in 2013.

Snarky Snark Snark

Unfortunately I can't imagine that David Gilmour would be there unless they do a Robert Plant kinda thingy they done in 2013.

what, you mean like give him a stage and access to a PA system for him and his band?

what, you mean like give him a stage and access to a PA system for him and his band?

Yeah, would be nice, but he has a pretty big lighting rig and backdrop so he wouldn't fit the main stage also it would have to be a night set for visuals, would be a mind blowing headliner announcement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

John Carpenter has announced a live gig for Dublin in October, was hoping he'd be in the next EP announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Richard Ashcroft is a potential, with a new album coming out... even if the new single is gash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Richard Ashcroft is a potential, with a new album coming out... even if the new single is gash

With the chems already announced they could team up again and do a wicked live version of the test!!

https://youtu.be/yhS9LnDoo_w

Snarky Snark Snark

His last few albums have been gash, all the way back to Forth (with de swerve)

But a blast or two of History and Lucky Man would be nice alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

John Carpenter has announced a live gig for Dublin in October, was hoping he'd be in the next EP announcement.

Cheers for the heads up , been praying he'd come to Ireland , Defo going to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Grandaddy announced a Vicar Street show for August 18th. I know someone mentioned them on here as an option but that'll rule them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Stoking the embers of speculation as the sun has got my festival juices flowing...

Foals (long shot with the amount they are in Ireland) Two Door Cinema Club (certs in my opinion) and The Last Shadow Puppets all have little gaps at the beginning of September and are all doing Reading/Leeds

Biffy Clyro doing summer festival tour and nothing announced after Reading and Leeds (they are in Belfast doing Belsonic so if they only plan on coming to Ireland once, that's it)

The Temper Trap are doing Reading and Leeds and then nothing announced until Lollapalooza Berlin on September 11th

Damian Marley, Iggy Pop, Edward Sharp, The Neighbourhood, Crystal Castles all around at the end of August, start of September

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Festival Republic run Reading/Leeds, Lollapalooza Berlin and Longitude so I'd be surprised if there wasn't some crossover in acts

Radiohead, James Blake, The 1975, Jagwar Ma all possible?

Snarky Snark Snark

Divine Comedy just announced a new tour and album, given he and his other half are usually knocking about there in some form there's got to be a good chance of them making an appearance.

Are we looking at the Bank holiday now as the time for the next announcement, no indication at all from EP if there is one forthcoming.

Snarky Snark Snark

We have no idea when the announcement is.

Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

We have no idea when the announcement is.

Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be next week.

So you're saying its next week at the latest?

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm not saying a damn thing as I haven't got a ****ing clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

so its this week?!

Snarky Snark Snark

fRTTmq2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It will be a Wednesday. No idea which Wednesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement