Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Why not ask something more likely to be answered - like 'what are next weeks winning lotto numbers?'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »
    what are next weeks winning lotto numbers?

I can positively guarantee you that they will be a grouped set of digits painted onto little balls in the range of 1 to 47 inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Maybe the mods should just lock this thread until the next announcement actually happens, so that when we go to post something we'll go Oh! its locked better wait for that next announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

GidCudi wrote: »
    Stoking the embers of speculation as the sun has got my festival juices flowing...

Foals (long shot with the amount they are in Ireland) Two Door Cinema Club (certs in my opinion) and The Last Shadow Puppets all have little gaps at the beginning of September and are all doing Reading/Leeds

Biffy Clyro doing summer festival tour and nothing announced after Reading and Leeds (they are in Belfast doing Belsonic so if they only plan on coming to Ireland once, that's it)

The Temper Trap are doing Reading and Leeds and then nothing announced until Lollapalooza Berlin on September 11th

Damian Marley, Iggy Pop, Edward Sharp, The Neighbourhood, Crystal Castles all around at the end of August, start of September

The Last Shadow Puppets are doin 3 nights in The Olympia, let's hope they f*ck off back home after that...

Divine Comedy just announced a new tour and album, given he and his other half are usually knocking about there in some form there's got to be a good chance of them making an appearance.

He's playing the BGET next Feb...

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Maybe the mods should just lock this thread until the next announcement actually happens, so that when we go to post something we'll go Oh! its locked better wait for that next announcement.

eh, no, we'll have no such sedition around here.

this keeps me sane during the working day

eh, no, we'll have no such sedition around here.

this keeps me sane during the working day

True, we would all miss your quips Scruff. :)

Snarky Snark Snark

BlaaEater wrote: »
    He's playing the BGET next Feb...

That's still near 6 months on from EP, not like they're back to back.

Wouldn't mind seeing them again seeing that they have not announced any standalone gigs in Ireland, fingers crossed.

That's still near 6 months on from EP, not like they're back to back.

True dat. He might want to keep his powder dry though to make sure he sells out his own tour...

• Advertisement

I see that Little Dragon will be announcing forthcoming shows soon I also wouldn't mind seeing them again a good fun act.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Why not ask something more likely to be answered - like 'what are next weeks winning lotto numbers?'

sooo....what are next weeks winning lotto numbers?

Snarky Snark Snark

sooo....what are next weeks winning lotto numbers?

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Careful what you wish for. How would you get through the day without asking "so when do we think the next announcement will be?"

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Careful what you wish for. How would you get through the day without asking "so when do we think the next announcement will be?"

Yeah I know, its alright for you, you lucky sod going off to Primavera in a few weeks with possibly the best festival line up this year but of course you will have your heart broke having to make certain sacrifices at that clashtastic festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Jagwar Ma playing gigs in the States same w'end as EP thus ruling them out.

Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Not fussed about the next announcement as EP is ages away and Glastonbury is sucking up all my festival enthusiasm at the moment. When was the second announcement last year? Sure we're still awaiting the second big announcement for Glastonbury and that's only 6 weeks away, the EP one might not be for ages. I'm hoping they're trying to sort radiohead!

Snarky Snark Snark

Last year 'twas on May 5th that they announced blur.

If they don't have radiohead by now then that's just not gonna happen

Thought all glastonburys main announcements were done and dusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they still have to announce Shangri-La, The Glade and Arcadia, plus then there's still about 30% of the 5 main stages to be announced, plus all the 70-ish other smaller stages/tents/areas.
    everything bar Shangri-La, Glade and Arcadia will probably come out when they release the full lineup in the next couple of weeks.

http://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I get the feeling we'll have the 2nd announcement by the end of next week or the start of the following week, don't remember it ever not coming before the end of May. It also seems to have always come on a Tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Jagwar Ma playing gigs in the States same w'end as EP thus ruling them out.

Balls.

Aha balls!!

They're all over Europe at the Mo, but no Irish date + I see they're at Bestival, was sure they'd be there!! Portland on the 2nd and Seatle on the 3rd of September :(

frantic190 wrote: »
    I get the feeling we'll have the 2nd announcement by the end of next week or the start of the following week, don't remember it ever not coming before the end of May. It also seems to have always come on a Tuesday?

They would have had a banner up by now saying announcement coming if that was the case, maybe the usual announcement of an announcement will be Thursday or Friday then.

They would have had a banner up by now saying announcement coming if that was the case, maybe the usual announcement of an announcement will be Thursday or Friday then.

Why would they put a banner up when they don't have tickets to sell?

Snarky Snark Snark

Think he means on the website saying More acts coming soon

Yeah, I know, I thought that, I'm just saying - the only reason to tease another announcement would be for ticket sales, which they really don't have to do.

Snarky Snark Snark

True dat but who knows how the minds of marketing people work.

I'd just be expecting an announcement to drop with no notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Announcing acts after tickets have all sold out doesn't make sense to me. Was it always this way with EP?

Yeah, I know, I thought that, I'm just saying - the only reason to tease another announcement would be for ticket sales, which they really don't have to do.

They don't really have to announce acts at all, considering its sold out.

There, I've cracked it. No more acts will be announced. And if there's any griping they'll start taking bands off the lineup.

Announcing acts after tickets have all sold out doesn't make sense to me. Was it always this way with EP?

Can't say because this is by far the earliest it's sold out. Usually sells out in July/August (or not at all). There's usually a May announcement, and a late-July announcement, for the lineups.

• Advertisement

Doesn't usually sell out in advance, thats only happened the last couple of years. This is the earliest its ever sold out I think, so its not usually something they have to worry about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement