Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Telling ye lads, you're drastically underestimating the popularity of LCD in this country, and especially amongst the EP demographic.

I do love me some LCD and I know that they are totally at home at EP but LCD Soundsystem can't sell out this festival ...
    ... Last time they played EP (2010) it was not sold out, or was it? I genuinely can't remember. Oxygen was still alive and kicking back then I believe. The death of Oxygen is more to do with how EP has been selling out in the last few years, than any of the lineups ...

look at the lineup for 2011 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Picnic#2011_festival) .. no sell out that year IIRC .. many would say that is a far superior line up than we are likely to get this year (only Radiohead can save this festival this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

They were nowhere near as big the last time they played. You can't underestimate what the hype of the 'back from retirement' thing will do for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

(only Radiohead can save this festival this year).

Or Calvin......runs for the door..:p

.. and don't come back !

They were nowhere near as big the last time they played. You can't underestimate what the hype of the 'back from retirement' thing will do for them.

To be fair, I think you are overestimating it. I am pretty certain than most of the 23 year olds there last year have never even heard of them.

Anyway .. it is sold out .. and the main stage will be jammers for LCD Soundsystem .. and we will all love it .. except those who don't like LCD Soundsystem (apparently they are not that uncommon in this thread at leaast)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

(only Radiohead can save this festival this year).

What a ****ty attitude!

(love your Festival apps btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

As an optimistic Radiohead fan I think that the lack of announcement might be a good sign.

The release of the new album could have been a legitimate reason for EP to withhold making a second announcement (if EP did get them).

Also, Radiohead have not made any other further festival announcements even though I think they were due to do so. Well that's how I read their tour post on FB before they "deleted" themselves off Facebook.

Of course they have made other festival announcements but perhaps these had to be made earlier? Becoming less optimistic as I write now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

To be fair, I think you are overestimating it. I am pretty certain than most of the 23 year olds there last year have never even heard of them.

Anyway .. it is sold out .. and the main stage will be jammers for LCD Soundsystem .. and we will all love it .. except those who don't like LCD Soundsystem (apparently they are not that uncommon in this thread at leaast)

Be objective - I've no interest in Radiohead, but I know for sure that they'd draw a big crowd. Same can be true of LCD!

What a ****ty attitude!

(love your Festival apps btw)

Thanks .. I think ;)

I really should have put in the obligatory IMO there...

IMHO only Radiohead can save what is (IMO) a very lack lustre line up to date. Have been listening to playlists called EP2016 and B&S2016 for the last few weeks and (IMO) the B&S is way better....

YMMV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

brannid3 wrote: »
    Also, Radiohead have not made any other further festival announcements even though I think they were due to do so. Well that's how I read their tour post on FB before they "deleted" themselves off Facebook.

I just took that to mean they were doing more touring next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

I just took that to mean they were doing more touring next year.

Ah! that could be it. Either way I think I'm reaching a stage where I'm losing interest in the next announcement. Bit of tunes in the sun is all I ask now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Look, it doesn't matter if it's muse, radiohead or even the spice girls at this stage.

as long as it's not the chili poopers.

Look, it doesn't matter if it's muse, radiohead or even the spice girls at this stage.

as long as it's not the chili poopers.

"Chili Spice Pooper Girls" ? ... what a collaboration that could be :)

Snarky Snark Snark

"Chili Spice Pooper Girls" ? ... what a collaboration that could be :)

aaaaaah, spit on me sporty!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I agree.

I'll probably be surprised by how popular they've got since they reformed but having seen them many times and seen the crowd size they pulled I still find it hard to believe they're headlining, never mind believing that they're a reason it's sold out.

You could nearly say the same for the other 3 headliners, New order, does anyone under 35 even know who they are, Lana that's just a big wft, and the chemicals have been around so long they woudn't be a must see, not dissing the chemicals but there around a long time on the road and most of us have probably seen them numerous times.

Snarky Snark Snark

LDR was faily up on the billing for Glastonbury 2014, it's not like she's not high profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

You could nearly say the same for the other 3 headliners, New order, does anyone under 35 even know who they are, Lana that's just a big wft, and the chemicals have been around so long they woudn't be a must see, not dissing the chemicals but there around a long time on the road and most of us have probably seen them numerous times.

Yeah, I'd agree with that too.

Sell-out much more down to non-artist reasons for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

agreed, there's no huge "wow" acts to shift loads of €240 tickets, and the undercard isn't exactly bursting with quality or rare acts either (so far).

it sold out early this year because people remembered it selling out early last year, so got their tickets ASAP when they went back onsale, plus many more last year as early birds.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads, yis are seriously bad buzzin this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lads, yis are seriously bad buzzin this
    lets talk about when the next announcement will be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

07:28 October 21st 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well out the lot that has been announced so far will probably go and see

LCD Soundsystem
    New Order
    Daniel Avery
    Todd Terje
    Wolf Alice
    Animal Collective
    Wild Beasts
    Broken Social Scene
    Panthu De Prince

Maybe a bit of the Chems if they are not clashing and will probably check out a bit of Lana too. Once the line up gets a bit more fleshed out my schedule will probably change.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Can't say because this is by far the earliest it's sold out. Usually sells out in July/August (or not at all). There's usually a May announcement, and a late-July announcement, for the lineups.

sold out the first few years i went..that said it must be 7 yers since it sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

declanleo wrote: »
    sold out the first few years i went..that said it must be 7 yers since it sold out

no, 2007, 2008 and then from 2013 onwards.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ohhhh mamma!!! Move over radiohead!!!! I'd cream and shat my pants at the same time if the below was true and booked!!

http://www.joe.ie/music/rage-against-the-machine-appear-to-be-hinting-at-a-comeback/545437

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It's not gonna happen. But yeah would be awesome.

Id have a similar list to yours bodhrandude, I actually like Lana *hides*

Yea the Machine would be savage if they played!! Seen them at feile.

Btxj_F8CMAEBGIV.jpg

Think that weekend changed the course of my life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ohhhh mamma!!! Move over radiohead!!!! I'd cream and shat my pants at the same time if the below was true and booked!!

http://www.joe.ie/music/rage-against-the-machine-appear-to-be-hinting-at-a-comeback/545437

I saw them when they played the point in 2008 or 2009 or 2007 or whenever it was. I couldn't walk for three days afterwards from all the lepping around that I did. Some gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fcuk me thats some lineup!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement