Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

MadYaker wrote: »
    Fcuk me thats some lineup!

The devils playground, some crack. Law and order disappeared. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

MadYaker wrote: »
    It's not gonna happen. But yeah would be awesome.

Yea I know I'm doing it for BD give the thread a bit of a lift ;)

They've already missed the boat for this year with regards the major festivals, couldn't see them only doing the EP without having done Coachella and some of the marjor EU festivals!!
    LCD have shown the way to completely milk come back gigs, RATM could do twice as much I reckon.

Ireland might be a good place to kick off in Europe and steal the show, semple stadium was mobbed for them, the crowd went mental there's tales of moshing that'll be passed down generations. Not sure EP is the place, slane?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I saw them when they played the point in 2008 or 2009 or 2007 or whenever it was. I couldn't walk for three days afterwards from all the lepping around that I did. Some gig.

They played the o2 in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

They played the o2 in 2010

That's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Apparently this Rage thing is actually a supergroup with Chuck D from Public Enemy and one of the lads from Cypress Hill (but without Zach De La Rocha). Would be less interested in that to be honest.

Riot Fest or whatever its called has been announced for 2-4 September, so no Death Grips, Danny Brown, Vince Staples, Tyler The Creator, Death Cab for Cutie, Janes Addiction, Nas, NOFX, Dan Deacon, Sleigh Bells, Ween, White Lung, Wolf Parade, Yo La Tengo, Deftones amongst others for the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Big RATM fan and saw them at Oxegen and the O2 on their comeback.

However, there have been a lot of comebacks by bands I'm into, and RATM are the only ones that didn't release anything new. Obviously they're all in it to make money but at least give us something fresh.

I wouldn't go see them again without new material. I know that's going to break their hearts before anyone points that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

The blizzards have a new song out today , they'll be In with a shout to be added to the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The blizzards have a new song out today , they'll be In with a shout to be added to the lineup

this would make it so much better... I'm back on track ;)

/s

Maybe bressie could do a talk about mental health aswell at it

• Advertisement

Maybe bressie could do a talk about mental health aswell at it

Any news on the comedy tent, nothing like a bit of comedy with vodka and coke to start the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any news on the comedy tent, nothing like a bit of comedy with vodka and coke to start the morning.

Nathing just nothing so far just silly adds with Body & Soul Village photo night shots and Tour de Picnic chatter.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Big RATM fan and saw them at Oxegen and the O2 on their comeback.

However, there have been a lot of comebacks by bands I'm into, and RATM are the only ones that didn't release anything new. Obviously they're all in it to make money but at least give us something fresh.

I wouldn't go see them again without new material. I know that's going to break their hearts before anyone points that out.

I'd be the complete opposite to be honest, like most acts, they have their moment where their output is exactly what's needed and in 'fashion' at the time.
    To me when they split up that music is sealed and the book is closed!
    In some cases it can be really painful when a band opens back up that seal and try's to recreate music based on the old winning formula, in a time where the music world and tastes are very different to their hay day! It's like terminator 2!! Just leave it there FFS!!

How many times have you been at a gig and the artist is flogging a dead horse with the new stuff when ppl just want the old. Unless they completely reinvented themselves and found a new winning formula, I'd be happy enough with the old stuff.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I'd be the complete opposite to be honest, like most acts, they have their moment where their output is exactly what's needed and in 'fashion' at the time.
    In some cases it can be really painful when a band opens back up that seal and try's to recreate music based on the old winning formula, in a time where the music world and tastes are very different to their hay day! It's like terminator 2!! Just leave it there FFS!!

How many times have you been at a gig and the artist is flogging a dead horse with the new stuff when ppl just want the old. Unless they completely reinvented themselves and found a new winning formula, I'd be happy enough with the old stuff.

In the other hand there was Iggy Pop and the Stooges when they played the Picnic in 2007 it all sounded so fresh, in fact heavier than the studio originals.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

BadTurtle wrote: »

Riot Fest or whatever its called has been announced for 2-4 September, so no..

..Wolf Parade amongst others for the Picnic.

Aww, Wolf Parade would have fit in nicely :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Aww, Wolf Parade would have fit in nicely :(

They are playing Body & Soul in June if you wanted to catch them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

any announcement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

A massive one, it's so quiet in here because we're all in utter shock,

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Fatfrog wrote: »

That's a fair enough point.

My view on it is that if RATM were to tour again without any new material then that would be three tours without any new material.

They were well respected for being a political band and with that they'd also get respect for being creative. Any band that tours three times off a back catalogue is in it for one reason only and I'd lose huge respect for them.

Soundgarden returned and their album was ok but at least they gave the fans something.

srm23 wrote: »
    any announcement yet?

They are taking the piss big time at this stage.

• Advertisement

Is there meant to be an announcement today?

Is there meant to be an announcement today?

Not that I know of, just curious are you related to Scruff Monkey.

Snarky Snark Snark

They are taking the piss big time at this stage.

Chill the cacks, it'll come in due time.
    Not that I know of, just curious are you related to Scruff Monkey.

We are all brother monkeys in solidarity on the long walk of wait for the glorious simian revolution of sunshine, cider, hotpants and prehensile tails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Keep forgetting Animal Collective are playing EP, looking forward to their set. Love the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Is Tom waits a bit hopefully..? Slightly drunk. It's closing g
    Time

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Is Tom waits a bit hopefully..? Slightly drunk. It's closing g
    Time

Is he touring?

Snarky Snark Snark

Is he touring?

One wishes but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Watching Jools Holland last night and Iggy was fantastic. He's in France Aug 28th but I see he won't have the Post Pop Depression boys by that stage.

The next announcement is going to be the biggest anti climax since Y2K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The next announcement is going to be the biggest anti climax since Y2K

My money is on the Beatles and Nirvana.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement