Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yay Electric Picnic bleep bleep skleep skleep!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭deeceemee

Wonder if Klangkarussel could make an appearance? They're doing a few bits during the summer. August looks free on their calander. EP are being a bit sh#tty about the next announcement, leaving it so long :(

Don't ya love that warm feeling when you are tickled inside and you are wandering into the main arena on Friday evening at 7.30, there is about three or four sound systems blasting out bass thumps from different directions and your feet just start dancing as you walk. Roll on Body & Soul festival and then the loony party thats the Picnic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahpetzz

chances Rage against the machine???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

sarahpetzz wrote: »
    chances Rage against the machine???
    I'll give you good odds: 100,000,000,000,000-1

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

BadTurtle wrote: »
    I'll give you good odds: 100,000,000,000,000-1

i like those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Isn't every EP announcement a bit of an anti-climax?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

...and yet it's always brilliant - bigger doesn't mean better - the lineup will improve and we need some muc in there to avoid too many clashes. I personally dont care too much about the headliner - over the last few years I find myself over at one or the other stages anyway...all the sheep pack the main stage and give the rest of us a bit of comfort for a few hours. Would make an exception for radiohead or rage though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Wake up sheeple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 DH1978

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Wake up sheeple!

Ha ha .... Sheeple......I love it!

DH1978 wrote: »
    ...and yet it's always brilliant - bigger doesn't mean better - the lineup will improve and we need some muc in there to avoid too many clashes. I personally dont care too much about the headliner - over the last few years I find myself over at one or the other stages anyway...all the sheep pack the main stage and give the rest of us a bit of comfort for a few hours. Would make an exception for radiohead or rage though!

Or Portishead for that matter a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

brian wilson is touring pet sounds and playing festivals. he's in denmark on the thursday and the uk on sat and sun of EP. nothing on the friday yet. could be a rest day. but then again, any chance?

joinme wrote: »
    brian wilson is touring pet sounds and playing festivals. he's in denmark on the thursday and the uk on sat and sun of EP. nothing on the friday yet. could be a rest day. but then again, any chance?

Last time he played EP was 2009, but he is getting old so probably won't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Biffy Clyro a decent shout?

srm23 wrote: »
    Biffy Clyro a decent shout?

Too Oxegeny or MCD act.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Too Oxegeny or MCD act.

Sure could say the same thing about The Manics and they played last year, so Biffy Clyro technically could still play at EP, but i'd say they would be more Marlay Park suited, then again you never know......

Sure could say the same thing about The Manics and they played last year, so Biffy Clyro technically could still play at EP, but i'd say they would be more Marlay Park suited, then again you never know......

Well they are playing Northern Ireland at Belsonic festival, so they could be on the EP bill or a standalone gig I suppose.

Just spotted a new Polish festival on the efestivals forum around the same time as Green Man two weeks before EP called Krakow Live headliners announced so far are Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers, Damian Marley, Cage the Elephant, Haim, Young Fathers, Sia and The Neighbourhood. Massive Attack haven't played EP since 2010 so they might get onto the EP bill. http://livefestival.pl/en/ARTISTS2/AZ

Speaking of European festivals I see two French festivals happening on the same weekend (week before EP) Rock en Seine and Caberet Vert have dropped the Eagles of Death Metal from their line ups after Hughes criticised the French gun laws and security at the Bataclan on the night of the attacks.

http://www.nme.com/news/eagles-of-death-metal/93696

A more recent Daniel Avery set from a month ago, after cueing through it slightly there is still no Drone Logic material but it looks more live than the DJ Boiler Room set I posted a while back, its still scintillating techno though, although we've lost rave in the woods we've gained Daniel Avery.

• Advertisement

But from March this year in Dundee Drone Logic live.

Snarky Snark Snark

Have Massive released anything in the last decade?

Chap from Eodm seems to be having a slo mo breakdown, they really should have taken a year long break before hitting road again, he needs a dose of help in some form

Chap from Eodm seems to be having a slo mo breakdown, they really should have taken a year long break before hitting road again, he needs a dose of help in some form

Heligoland in 2010 and an EP Ritual Magic I think last year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

He needs to reconnect his mouth to his brain & stop talking so much. I like the band & the music but his stupidity is turning me off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

They are touring a new album now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

although we've lost rave in the woods

Why do you think that? Just can't see it happening myself. The place does be rammed in the early hours

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Would Sia be a realistic booking? She is over in Europe for a few shows around August?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Would Sia be a realistic booking? She is over in Europe for a few shows around August?
    Good God I hope not, not an EP act and besides she would surly sell out the 3Arena on her own

Snarky Snark Snark

I would have thought she would be a shot, poppy yes, but so was sam smith last year, gotta keep the masses entertained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I saw her at Coachella and I thought she was very good. I don't view her simply as a 'pop act' but it's a tricky one I suppose. She treats her live shows as one big art performance and I could imagine her playing EP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement