Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'm fed up with the wait here guys so I'm just assuming they are announced, just post videos of who you want announced and it should happen.

And this differs from the last three months of posts, how exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And this differs from the last three months of posts, how exactly?

I was OK up till the starting of May, I mainly talked about the current line up but it seems EP have changed the rules and now the second announcement is late by almost three weeks. You can only talk about the current line up a number of times until you start repeating yourself, so we need new artists and groups to talk about, what is unusual about that?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

just post videos of who you want announced and it should happen.

I'd like a Spice Girls/Dita Von Teese combination for reasons...

but that aint happenin and and videos even remotely close to it would get me banned for life...

I'd like a Spice Girls/Dita Von Teese combination for reasons...

but that aint happenin and and videos even remotely close to it would get me banned for life...

I could bring my projector with me and we can show the video in one of the marquees. :)

Snarky Snark Snark

No, think i'll stick to my imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pie Minister.

Until the next announcement happens, we should just talk about Pie Minister.

I f*cking love Pie Minister.

Snarky Snark Snark

Pie Minister.

Until the next announcement happens, we should just talk about Pie Minister.

I f*cking love Pie Minister.

I got jipped by those mother fcukers last year, kept hearing Pie Minister this Pie Minister that Pie Minister are great blah de blah de ****ing blah.

Went to get a pie for lunch on sunday, did they have any pies containing bits of animal carcass? did they ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    How about these guys for a late afternoon main stage slot.

Played B&S Festival last year, but maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Has the 2nd announcement ever spilled over into June?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

They wont be there, they have dates in Eastern Europe on the 2nd and 4th (Budapest & Prague).

Sat 3rd at EP must be a lock for RHCP so.

I wonder will we get many longitude or Forbidden Fruit acts,
    i remember two years ago a load were announced like Hozier, The 1975 etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

...liners or sub-headliners is narrowing down by the week as gigs get announced and bands get ruled out. Eg Noel Gallagher, RHCP, Primal Scream, etc. That still leaves Muse and some others as an option but I'd be very surprised if Radiohead aren't playing.

I can understand that Noely and RHCP have gigs lined up that weekend, but The Scream could surely play either the Friday or the Sunday?

I can understand that Noely and RHCP have gigs lined up that weekend, but The Scream could surely play either the Friday or the Sunday?

Maybe after Sea Sessions has finished, but Primal Scream are booked to headline that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant see RHCP playing at all since they are playing T-Vital and have yet to even sell it out. Muse could be the 2nd contender behind Radiohead tho

Snarky Snark Snark

srm23 wrote: »
    Sat 3rd at EP must be a lock for RHCP so.

yes, they'll just fedex their touring rigs back 2300 Km over night and then back the 1500Km the next morning to complete their touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

...liners or sub-headliners is narrowing down by the week as gigs get announced and bands get ruled out. Eg Noel Gallagher, RHCP, Primal Scream, etc. That still leaves Muse and some others as an option but I'd be very surprised if Radiohead aren't playing.

I think it's a possibility. Another poster reckons it won't happen as they're playing Sea Sessions in Bundoran. Could be contractual issues.

Snarky Snark Snark

Surely Primal Scream are too much of a legacy act at this stage to be considered headline material?

They'd not appeal to the younger crowd at all.

Surely Primal Scream are too much of a legacy act at this stage to be considered headline material?

They'd not appeal to the younger crowd at all.
    Yeah, unless doing Screamadelica, but that's all finished with. They're still sub-headliners I reckon or good for headlining the Electric Arena.
    And there are enough oldies hitting the fest than ever before from what I've observed. Lots of forty and fifty-somethings there last year. The TV coverage has kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You'd see Primal Scream on a lineup, and you'd assume you'd seen them on the last 14 lineups. Chemical Brothers were heading that way too, but their latest album is too good.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lots of forty and fifty-somethings there last year. The TV coverage has kicked in.

ahem, we were there long before the tv coverage...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I was OK up till the starting of May, I mainly talked about the current line up but it seems EP have changed the rules and now the second announcement is late by almost three weeks. You can only talk about the current line up a number of times until you start repeating yourself, so we need new artists and groups to talk about, what is unusual about that?

Ah I'm only messing, but this thread stopped being about EP a long time ago, it's just a discussion forum for bands that people like now, except every post has to contain something along the lines of "maybe we'll see XYZ on Sunday afternoon?!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Little over 3 months till EP, an awful lot of announcements due between then and now.

2nd and 3rd main line-up announcements
    Body & Soul
    Comedy Tent
    Mindfields
    Red Bull stage
    CASA
    Trailer Park
    The Forrest stage
    Gerry Fish Tent

I'm sure I've forgotten something, either way it's practically an announcement every week

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Fugs!!

Dinosaur Jr just announced hints of a new album... hhmmmm now that would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Primal Scream wouldn't be headliner material even touring Screamadelica, more likely headlining a tent.
    RHCP are thankfully not available for the dates. Rubbish band.
    Can't see Muse being booked at all, nor Biffy Clyro.
    Nor Radiohead unfortunately.

Snarky Snark Snark

I wouldn't mind Muse at all, they're a crackin live act but think the picnic is a bit far out from the end of their tour for it to be added on and they've no UK dates around that time which is what you'd expect if they were going to be over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Edit: double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fugs!! wrote: »
    Dinosaur Jr just announced hints of a new album... hhmmmm now that would be a nice addition.

Playing Dublin in November so probably won't add another Irish date before then.

Lots of forty and fifty-somethings there last year. The TV coverage has kicked in.

ahem, we were there long before the tv coverage...:rolleyes:
    Class reply. I'm in that age bracket alas. And those numbers have increased by my reckoning. No figures for it, but three acquaintances went last year for the first time and the youngest was 51. There were also noticeably more older attendees than in the last few years, demographic maybe partly getting back to what it was in 2005-2007?

Snarky Snark Snark

I thought the attendees were getting younger.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Primal Scream wouldn't be headliner material even touring Screamadelica, more likely headlining a tent.
    RHCP are thankfully not available for the dates. Rubbish band.
    Can't see Muse being booked at all, nor Biffy Clyro.
    Nor Radiohead unfortunately.
    The Scream were headlining a lot of fests on that Screamadelica tour in 2011. Headlined EP shortly before then in 2007, far from headliners now but still sub-headliners. They were subs for the Stones at Glasto in 2013, arguably the biggest gig they've had there this decade.

And let's see about Radiohead, but I reckon we'll hear their confirmation in early June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I thought the attendees were getting younger.
    As the capacity increases there'll be more of all demographics going.

My Da is 70, and has gone the last 3 years! His grandson has gone the last 5 years, and this will be my 7th.

I think it's great that anyone feels comfortable to attend tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement