Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Dear Santa, all I want for x-mass is..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So Radiohead (Maybe doable), The Cure (possibly doable), Massive Attack (doable), M83 (Nailed at this stage surely) Iggy Pop (Maybe) there is quite a few floating about but then we might get... The Cranberries and :eek:THE HEATHERS

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I'd love if the strokes were announced , Their playing at the governors ball next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

:eek:THE HEATHERS

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!

I'm sure they're lovely girls and all, but they are my number one nails-on-a-blackboard-abu-ghraib-worse-than-waterboarding-Chinese-water-torture-electrodes-on-the boll0x-whatever-you're-having-yourself group...

I think example is in with a good shout, he's in the live nation stable and he's nothing in his calendars after V festival on the 20th of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Maybe they're just waiting for someone to ask really politely for the line up... with please and thank yous and cherries on top.. instead of GIVE US THE LINE UP OR WE'RE SELLING OUR TICKETS AND WE HATE YOU AND YOUR THE WORST. So maybe if we all kindly asked them... they'd listen?
    No?
    Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I kind of feel at this stage whenever we get the announcement I'm going to miss all the giving out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I kind of feel at this stage whenever we get the announcement I'm going to miss all the giving out

I have a funny feeling there may still be some "giving out".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There will be lots of giving out and wailing and the gnashing of teeth and the threats to sell tickets and the offering the first born for tickets and then a brief period of quiet whilst we all restore our vital bodily juices and then start again waiting for the next announcement.

Thus has it been before and so shall it always be...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

EP are now on snapchat. We have a new platform to vent re second announcment!

• Advertisement

brannid3 wrote: »
    EP are now on snapchat. We have a new platform to vent re second announcment!

snapchat you say? .. I thought 13 - 17 year olds were not allowed admission ..

/s

Snarky Snark Snark

snapchat you say? .. I thought 13 - 17 year olds were not allowed admission ..

/s

yeah, but the pervs who follow them are... (probably)

snapchat and its ilk are a pox on humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brannid3

yeah, but the pervs who follow them are... (probably)

snapchat and its ilk are a pox on humanity

Can't wait for my first EP snap! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The Magician has self confirmed so assume he will be playing the CASA.

https://www.facebook.com/themagicianmusic

Snarky Snark Snark

Grand, so that's us all sorted if Radiohead are not booked :D

earlier Example .. now this .. I think I am in the wrong thread..

Snarky Snark Snark

No no, you're in the right place, it's just a little odd at the moment, invasion of the bleepy bloops.

earlier Example .. now this .. I think I am in the wrong thread..

Example is deadly, rocked the house last time I seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

No no, you're in the right place, it's just a little odd at the moment, invasion of the bleepy bloops.

Whats the bleepy bloops is that from the corclinkity sploinkity music syndrome.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Was googling them but never saw anything about last year.

Edit: Just checked setlist.fm they were touring September last year, so apologies Queen-Mise I gave you wrong information.

I was nearly sure I saw them listed for a festival for this year....

I'll keep praying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

A different questions, if The Cure are announced, I wonder if they still play the song inspired from Camus's Outsider, about the Arab.

Snarky Snark Snark

Termination of a middle eastern gentleman of a certain ethnic origin?

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    A different questions, if The Cure are announced, I wonder if they still play the song inspired from Camus's Outsider, about the Arab.

Why not it's a classic, they keep changing the lyrics though, probably safer not play it though just in case there's a few wild ones about.

Have Prodigy stopped smacking bitches up? (There's another possibility come to think of it, they alway play Ireland but not this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    They played it in 2012, but changed it to Killing Another. The crowd sang the original. Would love to see them again but don't see it happening alas. Should get some good retro stuff like Squeeze to make up for that.

Snarky Snark Snark

Have Prodigy stopped smacking bitches up? (There's another possibility come to think of it, they alway play Ireland but not this year).

Been discussed, they played a gig here last year and are down for a date in Italy that weekend

Example is deadly, rocked the house last time I seen him.

I bow to your superior knowledge. Its not something that would appeal to me on the surface, but that's certainly not to say that he doesn't do a good gig. And if you say so, who I am to argue as I have not seen him live.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I've a theory. Let's say Radiohead are central to the next announcement. Therefore the next announcement can't happen until Radiohead are confirmed for the "surprise act" of Glastonbury which will coincide with album release. They can't announce electric picnic or people will go "look radiohead added a date so they must be the surprise act or maybe they will now play my country if they added Ireland"
    Hence the festival waiting for this to play out.
    I've another theory too but Ill see what ye think of this first 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

neddynono wrote: »
    I've a theory. Let's say Radiohead are central to the next announcement. Therefore the next announcement can't happen until Radiohead are confirmed for the "surprise act" of Glastonbury which will coincide with album release. They can't announce electric picnic or people will go "look radiohead added a date so they must be the surprise act or maybe they will now play my country if they added Ireland"
    Hence the festival waiting for this to play out.
    I've another theory too but Ill see what ye think of this first 😜
    makes pretty much zero sense.
    they've already announced plenty of festival dates, so people can already speculate that they'll play their country, which makes little odds either way.

they won't be "confirmed" as a surprise act for Glastonbury either. they'll either play a surprise set completely unannounced, or be on the full lineup when it comes out (probably next week).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2016/radiohead/
    Radiohead will play a series of live shows later this year which, together with the festival dates already announced and a few more festival dates to follow, will complete their touring schedule for 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Getting some bits together for the EP weekend, and picked up these mats from Aldi this evening.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-26-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/self-inflating-mat-2/
    Pretty decent for the price

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement