Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

neddynono wrote: »
    I've a theory. Let's say Radiohead are central to the next announcement. Therefore the next announcement can't happen until Radiohead are confirmed for the "surprise act" of Glastonbury which will coincide with album release. They can't announce electric picnic or people will go "look radiohead added a date so they must be the surprise act or maybe they will now play my country if they added Ireland"
    Hence the festival waiting for this to play out.
    I've another theory too but Ill see what ye think of this first
    The later the announcement is the more likely it'll be to coincide with the CD & vinyl release of the Radiohead album on 17 June. Physical sales may be down but they'll still get a big boost from the EP announcement. Also traditionally not much crossover with Forbidden Fruit, but who knows what contractual stuff there is. The waiting is tough but the Picnic have never really let me down. These days I'm happy with a solid 5/6 must-sees and everything else is a bonus. EP delivers on that every year.

neddynono wrote: »
    I've a theory. Let's say Radiohead are central to the next announcement. Therefore the next announcement can't happen until Radiohead are confirmed for the "surprise act" of Glastonbury which will coincide with album release. They can't announce electric picnic or people will go "look radiohead added a date so they must be the surprise act or maybe they will now play my country if they added Ireland"
    Hence the festival waiting for this to play out.
    I've another theory too but Ill see what ye think of this first
    makes pretty much zero sense.
    they've already announced plenty of festival dates, so people can already speculate that they'll play their country, which makes little odds either way.

they won't be "confirmed" as a surprise act for Glastonbury either. they'll either play a surprise set completely unannounced, or be on the full lineup when it comes out (probably next week).
    Reckon they're more likely to be announced for Bestival than any other UK fest. And again I think that'll happen the week of the Vinyl/CD release of A Moon Shaped Pool (17th June). Still leaves 10-12 weeks to EP & Bestival so not that late to announce.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some more additions to the Rock en Seine line up: Wolfmother, Anderson Paak, The Temper Trap, The Underachievers (Seen them at Life last year, worth a look), Editors, Two Door Cinema Club and Sigur Ros. http://www.rockenseine.com/en/line-up/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Is it okay to throw a quick ticketing question here?

Our group was offered two tickets and camping in pink moon. Some of us have tickets others missed out. So it was €200 each a ticket and €250 for pink moon. If plans changed could we sell on the pink moon camping at a later date? Is it transferable? I presume it is, as the seller said he'd transfer it over to one of our name etc. I've always just done basic camping so not overly clued up on pink moon. I've checked Pink Moon FAQ's and it isn't there so I said I'd try the knowledgeable folk on here. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

best approach is to e-mail Pink Moon, they're pretty quick at responding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Yeah, sent an email there asking them. Thanks.

Snarky Snark Snark

If we do get the radiohead lads, good review of what they're up to gig wise
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/27/radiohead-review-roundhouse-london-thom-yorke

Look at that setlist, ooooh my jesus it's epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Look at that setlist, ooooh my jesus it's epic

I need this to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Another day goes by no announcement I've never known the 2nd line-up announcement to be delayed this late. It's looking like June at this rate.

Snarky Snark Snark

Think some one posted previously that it has been june before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

They'd have to be a possibility wouldn't they?

I saw them listed in Consequence of Sound's '25 tours to catch this summer' and had the same thought...

Also see Brian Wilson on their list. Just one free night the weekend of Picnic. He's in Denmark on Thursday, free Friday, England Saturday and Scotland Sunday. Can he do 4 gigs in 4 days?

No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Possibly but it's been a few years if that's the case, the 2nd announcement is generally sometime in May. Doesn't matter at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

earlier Example .. now this .. I think I am in the wrong thread..

Just waiting for someone to mention that pox macklemore

Snarky Snark Snark

I quite like Macklemore

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlaaEater

declanleo wrote: »
    Just waiting for someone to mention that pox macklemore

That pox Macklemore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I quite like Macklemore

Is this not a bannable offence?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Another day goes by no announcement I've never known the 2nd line-up announcement to be delayed this late. It's looking like June at this rate.
    There's obviously crossover between Forbidden Fruit and Longitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

AdMMM wrote: »
    There's obviously crossover between Forbidden Fruit and Longitude.

Underworld
    Leftfield
    Kormac
    Groove Armada

tbh all those should be at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bestival & EP usually share a good few acts every year but this year the only 3 that I can see are Animal Collective, Wolf Alice and Years & Years. They still have one headliner left to announce, I wonder could this be someone we could see at EP too? Clutching at straws at this stage but compared to previous years there is very little crossover so far..

Just for comparison:
    2015: Underworld, Tame Impala, Jurassic 5, Roisin Murphy, Future Islands, Ponds, Fat White Family, Lapsley, Shura
    2014: Outkast, Foals, Chic, Beck, London Grammar, SBTRKT, Clean Bandit, Wild Beasts, Laura Mvula, The 2 Bears, Annie Mac, Bicep
    2013: Franz Ferdinand, The Knife, Disclosure, Johnny Marr, Jagwar Ma, Cyril Hahn, Lulu James

Possibly but it's been a few years if that's the case, the 2nd announcement is generally sometime in May. Doesn't matter at this stage.
    The only time I remember such late announcements was in the midst of the Reynolds/Festival Republic dispute where there was doubt about EP going ahead. It's frustrating but there will have to be acts listed by mid-June and there are a lot of decent bands playing at other fests so we're sure to see several of them in Stradbally. The wait will have been worth it. EP is the best tease in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They still have one headliner left to announce

That's debatable....:pac::pac::pac:

Bestival & EP usually share a good few acts every year but this year the only 3 that I can see are Animal Collective, Wolf Alice and Years & Years. They still have one headliner left to announce, I wonder could this be someone we could see at EP too? Clutching at straws at this stage but compared to previous years there is very little crossover so far..
    At the risk of repetition I'd say there's a big chance that Radiohead are doing both and it'll be announced in mid-June before the physical version of their album comes out.

I'd also like Damian Marley, Leftfield & Ghostpoet from that Bestival lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    At the risk of repetition I'd say there's a big chance that Radiohead are doing both and it'll be announced in mid-June before the physical version of their album comes out.

Radiohead crossed my mind too but after having a quick glance through one of the Bestival forums it looks like it is the Sunday headliner that is yet to be announced and that Radiohead are playing Lollapalooza in Berlin that night. That's what they are saying on efestivals anyway.

What have we come to, the speculation is unbelievable, put us out of our misery and give us an announcement EP :pac:

Radiohead crossed my mind too but after having a quick glance through one of the Bestival forums it looks like it is the Sunday headliner that is yet to be announced and that Radiohead are playing Lollapalooza in Berlin that night. That's what they are saying on efestivals anyway.

What have we come to, the speculation is unbelievable, put us out of our misery and give us an announcement EP :pac:
    Bestival is now a huge festival, about 80k attendees. Are either Major Lazer or Hot Chip big enough to headline that? That should mean two possible days for Radiohead. I've no idea whether they will but it'd be odd for them to do worldwide fests and leave out a UK fest (assuming they won't do a secret set at Glasto - hope not as I want to catch them there next year). I'd be more confident though of Radiohead heading to Stradbally than the Isle of Wight.

Maybe the Picnic is doing the Winning Streak thing, whoever wins the lotto next week gets to choose the line up for the second announcement, should be interesting.

Underworld
    Leftfield
    Kormac
    Groove Armada

tbh all those should be at EP

Are Leftfield not already playing two Irish festivals this year, Underworld played EP last year and Groove Armada are no longer a group do they not play under the Red Light Groove Armada DJ set who are playing Forbidden Fruit anyway. After their dire performance at Life festival a few years back I won't be rushing to the stage to see them. Kormac is always welcome and Iv'e no doubt they will play the Picnic, the ultimate electro swing Irish act, if we can't get the Avalanches, Kormac will do.

Snarky Snark Snark

Bestival is now a huge festival, about 80k attendees. Are either Major Lazer or Hot Chip big enough to headline

With that sort of crowd, it's not really a great line up (excluding the cure), they must have something cool in their full lineup

Bestival is now a huge festival, about 80k attendees. Are either Major Lazer or Hot Chip big enough to headline that? That should mean two possible days for Radiohead. I've no idea whether they will but it'd be odd for them to do worldwide fests and leave out a UK fest (assuming they won't do a secret set at Glasto - hope not as I want to catch them there next year). I'd be more confident though of Radiohead heading to Stradbally than the Isle of Wight.

Theoretically you are correct but number of tickets to punters is still 55,000 so there is 25,000 additional staff, security and artists make up the rest of the capacity. The Picnic could be very well the same in that regard as there is 55,000 tickets available to the general public, but if you take in health and safety, security, staff, traders, police there easily is another at least 10,000 to 15,000 extra at EP too.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71578

Snarky Snark Snark

Ha, there's no way there's 10-15k addional bodies on site for EP, That's a standard Irish festival population in its own right

The 55k are not the number of tickets on sale, there's about 3k "guests" and freebies and a few thousand worker bees and volunteers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Are Leftfield not already playing two Irish festivals this year, Underworld played EP last year and Groove Armada are no longer a group do they not play under the Red Light Groove Armada DJ set who are playing Forbidden Fruit anyway. After their dire performance at Life festival a few years back I won't be rushing to the stage to see them. Kormac is always welcome and Iv'e no doubt they will play the Picnic, the ultimate electro swing Irish act, if we can't get the Avalanches, Kormac will do.

On the 'electro swing' front - I'd love to see The Correspondents play EP. They made a woeful Galway Mumford gig (the missus wanted to see them) tolerable for me, with their truncated post headline set .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement