Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bestival is now a huge festival, about 80k attendees. Are either Major Lazer or Hot Chip big enough to headline that? That should mean two possible days for Radiohead. I've no idea whether they will but it'd be odd for them to do worldwide fests and leave out a UK fest (assuming they won't do a secret set at Glasto - hope not as I want to catch them there next year). I'd be more confident though of Radiohead heading to Stradbally than the Isle of Wight.

Theoretically you are correct but number of tickets to punters is still 55,000 so there is 25,000 additional staff, security and artists make up the rest of the capacity. The Picnic could be very well the same in that regard as there is 55,000 tickets available to the general public, but if you take in health and safety, security, staff, traders, police there easily is another at least 10,000 to 15,000 extra at EP too.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71578
    Ah, ok, 55,000 actually makes more sense, though it's still referred to in efestivals and everywhere else as 80,000. They don't usually include staff, artists and guests in their numbers and 25,000 is an enormous number of passes to hand out. 55,000 would make it the equal of the Picnic and yet EP yearly gets a far better lineup. Gotta give the bookers kudos for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bestival is now a huge festival, about 80k attendees. Are either Major Lazer or Hot Chip big enough to headline that? That should mean two possible days for Radiohead. I've no idea whether they will but it'd be odd for them to do worldwide fests and leave out a UK fest (assuming they won't do a secret set at Glasto - hope not as I want to catch them there next year). I'd be more confident though of Radiohead heading to Stradbally than the Isle of Wight.

I read that Hot Chip will headline the Thursday night, Major Lazer on Friday and The Cure on Saturday. Doesn't rule out Radiohead for EP but I would think whoever they have lined up could be a contender for EP too considering we usually share at least one headliner! Agree that the Bestival line up is very poor considering the size of the festival and the acts they usually get, surely they something else up their sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

I fully expect Richard Ashcroft to be announced,Not a huge fan of all his solo stuff but The Verve tunes......

What about acts that have stuff to promote and not doing the full festival circuit but the odd gig? The Coral have a new album. Ash overdue a visit. Connan Mockasin, St. Etienne, Edwyn Collins all about. Are The Strokes a possibility? EP usually has a few surprises up its sleeve, so hoping for some good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Would like to see Moderat added again, they haven't played since 2009 at EP and with a new album in the offing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

What about acts that have stuff to promote and not doing the full festival circuit but the odd gig? The Coral have a new album. Ash overdue a visit. Connan Mockasin, St. Etienne, Edwyn Collins all about. Are The Strokes a possibility? EP usually has a few surprises up its sleeve, so hoping for some good ones.

Now yer talking, would love to see him added.

He plays a couple of summer fests a year, but they tend to be very low key. He's playing the On Blackheath fest in London the weekend after EP so there's a chance of him appearing but I'm more hopeful than expectant. The Manics did both fests last year but that was it.

Edwyn, The Shins & Radiohead would make the Picnic a glorious one for me.

So still no announcement, I think we need to pay a visit to the EP offices in Dublin and burn down the place, who is with me here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So still no announcement, I think we need to pay a visit to the EP offices in Dublin and burn down the place, who is with me here. :D

You really need to take a chill pill and have a time out.

You really need to take a chill pill and have a time out.

Hey man did you not see the devil sign I'm only having the craic.

• Advertisement

Just listening back on the audio of Lana Del Ray at Glastonbury two years ago, I looking forward to seeing a bit of her set if she is not clashing with something else I might want to see. Her live performance is actually heavier than the studio counterparts, the guitarist gets a nice crunchy sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Im calling it.
    There will be an announcement next week

Just listening back on the audio of Lana Del Ray at Glastonbury two years ago, I looking forward to seeing a bit of her set if she is not clashing with something else I might want to see. Her live performance is actually heavier than the studio counterparts, the guitarist gets a nice crunchy sound.
    A very decent artist. Wholly unfair of people to lump her in with the likes of Sam Smith & Ellie Goulding. Albums pretty mixed but each with great tracks. She's taken an unfair bashing and she's on my must-see list for this year.

Im calling it.
    There will be an announcement next week
    I reckon two weeks after, 14/15 June. But I'd be much happier being wrong.

Apologies for the atrocious video. But I reckon this guy is a great addition to the Other Voices stage. BBC6 play him a fair bit, voice reminds me of Stuart Staples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Fat Freddys Drop are doing Euro festivals in August, they'd be a catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So are we thinking Lana will have a late afternoon slot on the main stage like Sam Smith?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Apologies for the atrocious video. But I reckon this guy is a great addition to the Other Voices stage. BBC6 play him a fair bit, voice reminds me of Stuart Staples.

he looks like a strange mix of Russell Crowe and Colin Farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

MadYaker wrote: »
    So are we thinking Lana will have a late afternoon slot on the main stage like Sam Smith?

Was Sam Smith not just right before Outkast?

Sam Smith was last year before Florence.

• Advertisement

Actually it was last year before Blur. 10pm though, definitely not late afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

MJohnston wrote: »
    Actually it was last year before Blur. 10pm though, definitely not late afternoon!

Yep, right after Hot Chip.

Buzz Killington.

Yep, right after Hot Chip.

Buzz Killington.

I was happy enough, gave me plenty of time to recharge my batteries and get something to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MadYaker wrote: »

Couldn't care less as long as new order are the day trippers show. Hoping lcd are the Friday as I'll not have kids on the Friday.

On a side,white lies have an album out....posibilities

Snarky Snark Snark

declanleo wrote: »
    Couldn't care less as long as new order are the day trippers show. Hoping lcd are the Friday as I'll not have kids on the Friday.

On a side,white lies have an album out....posibilities

Eh wha? Thought they were still recording it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yes yes yes, it's the summer festival, the truly detestable summer festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Apparently there is still a lot of bad blood between FR and Reynolds, considering FFF is this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if EP make their announcement on Friday. If it is a big announcement with Radiohead included for example it'll be the talk of the town over the weekend. It might sound petty but I've seen plenty of tit for tat between rival festivals down through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Holy Fvck's new album is fantastic .. Jut saying .. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Holy Fvck's new album is fantastic .. Jut saying .. ;)

Well worth saying.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Just listening to Martin Fry on BBC 5, Abc are touring with Lexicon of Love 2, free that weekend, could be a good shout for a legacy act?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement