Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yay, **** robot, think I called it a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

Pumarosa announced, saw them at SXSW, really enjoyed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

There's clearly room for another headliner there.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Nas, Joey Badass, Kano, Little Simz. They've done well on the hip hop front considering how hip hop heavy most of the other festivals have gone this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

well that came out of nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Myjam

Two door cinema club, anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Maybe, maybe not.

I think New Order and a similar sized act are more than capable of headlining a day - sure Blondie and Foals did it one year with the Pet Shop Boys. Chic have closed stages and, atm, haven't sold out the Marquee (5000 capacity) in Cork.

And, as I said in my post, change around the days then - maybe it'll be New Order and Chem bros, or New Order & LCD - I dont know what day anyone is here. I reckon there'll be about 5/6 headline-ish bands - Chem Bros, LCD, LDR, New Order and two more, who I reckon will be the Avalanches and a Foals-esque band, but I don't know who that will be. Foals, Tame Impala, etc have all played here quite recently so it's a hard one to predict.

I think in the first announcement PR, New Order weren't referred to as headliners. LCD, Chems and LDR were.
    having said that, a few acts in the last few years were referred to as headliners but didn't play last and vice-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Editors! **** yes

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Happy for Noel Gallagher but no radiohead is really disappointing!

Also surely Noel will be a headliner??

I would have thought so, singalongagogo times

Just been listening to Lemaitre for the first time, they've got a big sound looking forward to seeing them now.

Actually look like a class band..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

From the original announcement, I had 3 must-see's (LCD, SFA and Avett Brothers). The Shins are the only addition to that so the smaller the list the more get to see more on the 'hope to see' list! Nas is an interesting one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

My kids will be thrilled with Noel Gallagher and the HFB's…and that's purely on his solo stuff. They've never heard Oasis. So disappointed that Radiohead aren't there.

Overall…things are shaping up nicely. Let's hope September weather replicates June's.

I would have thought so, singalongagogo times

Should be few Oasis tunes in the set lists http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/noel-gallaghers-high-flying-birds/2016/autodromo-de-interlagos-sao-paulo-brazil-6bf0da12.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Shins, Nas, Local Natives, Bat for Lashes and Toots are all good additions. Noel is a big name I guess, and I'd go along unless something more interesting was on. Still no Radiohead though and that worries me. I don't know how Lana Del Rey gets such high billing. The mind boggles.

Also Nas showed up super late at a festival I was at before but other than that and having to run off for something else, was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Can somebody explain the 1975 to me? Are they not completely sh*t? They come across as marginally edgier than McFly, and I'm pretty sure that's thanks to their stylist, not their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Noel, Catfish, Nas. I'm a happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone who knows anything about Noel Gallagher knows there's no way he would agree to play this festival and not be a headliner. He headlined festivals all over the uk and Europe last summer. So I think it's safe to assume that him, lcd and the chemical brothers are the headliners. Which means no radiohead as I really don't see any room for another big name? Unless the chemical brothers get bumped down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sadie06 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain the 1975 to me? Are they not completely sh*t? They come across as marginally edgier than McFly, and I'm pretty sure that's thanks to their stylist, not their music.
    You are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

sadie06 wrote: »

I'm a fan. Admittedly their fan base is predominantly teenage girls but we all have guilty pleasures.

**Disclaimer** My guilty pleasure is The 1975 not the teenage girls :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

TOOOOOTS! YES..

Bat for lashes, Shins, Editors too.
    Nice additions

EP Spotify playlist updated too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Nas, The Shins & Local Natives decent additions. Bat for Lashes worth a look too.

Noel ****ing Gallagher a big let down after all the Radiohead talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Love Noel Gallagher - so delighted. And I'm almost afraid to say I like the 1975 (don't shoot me) but like everyone else - a bit gutted no Radiohead. Still, a few more months to go.................. feeling a little more positive we may see one more big name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

I find Editors and Animal Collective being so low down in the lineup to be odd tbh. The former, the Shins, Nas and Local Natives make the lineup a lot more interesting than it was looking before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

I thought people on here thought Two Door Cinema Club and M83 at least were certs?
    do you think there is potential for another announcement after longitude?
    i remember they added hozier, 1975, duke demont etc after that one year.
    i am hoping flume is added from Forbidden Fruit - they really have allowed the other
    festivals to nab some great acts!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Shaping up nicely and there is a lot of guitar bands on there to keep people happy. It's still a bit light on the electronic music front but I fully expect another announcement in July to address this. As for the Radiohead debate. It's unlikely but there is potentially still room on that line-up for another headline act. LCD and NGHFB will have a headline slot each. The Chems could easily play the Midnight Saturday slot which was historically for electronic acts (Leftfield, Disclosure, Chems, Orbital etc). That would leave the Saturday night "headline slot" still vacant. It's been occupied with major headline acts in the past (Bjork, The Cure etc)

Snarky Snark Snark

The hatred and the whingin on bukeface is only fabliss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Can we get a ban for the first person in here to refer to him as 'Noely G' in a non ironic way??

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone who knows anything about Noel Gallagher knows there's no way he would agree to play this festival and not be a headliner.

He isint on the very top row of the poster though, which is usually where the headliners tend to be placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

So this announcement really fleshed out what was already a strong undercard. The editors, nas, bat for lashes, joey badass, bat for lashes, the shins and **** robot are all great additions in my eyes.

However Noels addition leaves me with only one headliner as a must see (LCD) and a whole pile of 'meh I suppose I'll go see them as they're here'.

I guess this is the reminder that picnic isn't really about the headliners but more about the experience, nevertheless I'll hang onto the slim slim hope that they have to wait until Radiohead's physical album release to announce them.
    (The only reason I believe this is that people here have said so, and I always believe anonymous people on the internet)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

He isint on the very top row of the poster though, which is usually where the headliners tend to be placed.

But didn't we all agree that Lana Del Ray wasn't a headliner and she's still on the top of the poster? :rolleyes:;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement