Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Shaping up nicely and there is a lot of guitar bands on there to keep people happy. It's still a bit light on the electronic music front but I fully expect another announcement in July to address this. As for the Radiohead debate. It's unlikely but there is potentially still room on that line-up for another headline act. LCD and NGHFB will have a headline slot each. The Chems could easily play the Midnight Saturday slot which was historically for electronic acts (Leftfield, Disclosure, Chems, Orbital etc). That would leave the Saturday night "headline slot" still vacant. It's been occupied with major headline acts in the past (Bjork, The Cure etc)

Noel and LCD have a headline slot each which still leaves the sat night headline slot vacant some how?
    which of those do you think are playing friday night mate lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

But didn't we all agree that Lana Del Ray wasn't a headliner and she's still on the top of the poster? :rolleyes:;)

No, we didn't all agree on that. I remain quite firm in my thoughts on Ms Del Ray, quite happy for her to be on top....

(fnarr fnarr etc...)

briandebum wrote: »
    I guess this is the reminder that picnic isn't really about the headliners but more about the experience, yeah
    yeah the only headliner ive been dying to see in my 3 years there was Outkast and i forget each year in the build up that whoever is there i just find something i enjoy at a DJ in casa bacardi/Heineken arena or some random tent etc. Last year had great craic at the electric ireland tent which didn't even know about this stage last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

sadie06 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain the 1975 to me? Are they not completely sh*t? They come across as marginally edgier than McFly, and I'm pretty sure that's thanks to their stylist, not their music.

3rd time in 4 years they've been booked too. Bring back Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

But didn't we all agree that Lana Del Ray wasn't a headliner and she's still on the top of the poster? :rolleyes:;)

she's a headliner and has always been billed as such.

the question is more whether she'll play last or not, which given her style of music, is quite unlikely IMO.
    we've had headliners playing 2nd last in recent years, or even 3rd last in Bjork's case, with non-headliners playing last sometimes (eg. Pet Shop Boys).

I see LDR playing 2nd last, with either Chems/LCD/New Order after her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭roll

He isint on the very top row of the poster though, which is usually where the headliners tend to be placed.

Thanks be to Fxxk I'll be in Pink Moon camping this year-if i see an accoustic guitar in there i'm going to complain and have them ejected:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phuckphace

Noel Gallagher, jesus, big climbdown from Radiohead

At least it's too late for his more knackery fans to buy tickets

Nas and the Shins are two I've been dying to see for ages though so not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Badly in need of few more electronic acts. They can't all be Casa Bacardi fare...Happy with John Talabot but many more required.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

3rd time in 4 years they've been booked too. Bring back Oxegen.

I rarely remember bands that I'm not interested in over the many years at EP. The exceptions being that they're so bad it's impossible to forget. The 1975 fall into that category.

On the announcement itself, admittedly I'm not up to speed with what's good these days but as ever it's completely underwhelming for me.

At least it's made and I can focus completely on the Euros.

Get Holy **** or **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Definitely expecting another announcement with big names after this- maybe with the last remaining ticket sale?
    So up for Nas though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

BananaR wrote: »
    Badly in need of few more electronic acts. They can't all be Casa Bacardi fare...Happy with John Talabot but many more required.

Was hoping for Four Tet and Kaytranada as both seem to be nearby in the preceeding weeks.
    Still possible I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Definitely expecting another announcement with big names after this- maybe with the last remaining ticket sale?
    So up for Nas though!

nas was unreal at life last yeat sunday afternoon slot would be perfect for him

Snarky Snark Snark

mejulie805 wrote: »
    ...the last remaining ticket sale?...

The wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The wha?

EP said in the Facebook comments there'll be another sale for 3 Plus customers - think this was only 50 tickets last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Todd Terje wrote: »
    Was hoping for Four Tet and Kaytranada as both seem to be nearby in the preceeding weeks.
    Still possible I guess!

Yeah would be great additions. I was still holding out hope for Moderat. prob Should have gone to vicar Street but it was weds/Thurs night. I fully expected them on either FF or EP line-up...

Snarky Snark Snark

maximoose wrote: »
    EP said in the Facebook comments there'll be another sale for 3 Plus customers - think this was only 50 tickets last year though.

That's not a ticket sale..

that's a rounding error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Underwhelmed with this announcement.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Nao as a strong addition .. Possibly the best vocalist of the entire festival?

Edit: Yeah I see she was in the first announcement .. I do remember that now .. still class though!

2nd announcement still underwhelming .. thats just me... Its all very guitar focussed these days ..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

So frigging happy about The Shins. Been wanting to see them for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

showpony1 wrote: »
    Noel and LCD have a headline slot each which still leaves the sat night headline slot vacant some how?

I could see LCD on the Friday and NG on the Sunday. I don't see why not based on previous years.

I could see LCD on the Friday and NG on the Sunday. I don't see why not based on previous years.
    zero chance LCD on the friday imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

zero chance LCD on the friday imho

They generally have a big headliner on the Friday iirc and you'd imagine with the other arena's only partially opened then the main stage is a bigger draw on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

maximoose wrote: »

Ah very possible.. but 3Plus did a presale last year in November or something and that didnt happen this year:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The 1975's..... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Surprised they haven't gone for someone like Iggy or Patti Smith or their ilk.

Snarky Snark Snark

There's a distinct lack of still kicking it legacy acts in the line of Simple Minds/Stranglers/Boomtown Rats in the line up.

I'd reckon there'll be another announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There's a distinct lack of still kicking it legacy acts in the line of Simple Minds/Stranglers/Boomtown Rats in the line up.

I'd reckon there'll be another announcement.

agreed. maybe James or Suede - both touring at the moment and have been around for a long time.

Snarky Snark Snark

Still hoping for Miss Polly Jean too.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

After all that anticipation, that was a big let down for me.

Toots, Nas, Bat For Lashes, Talabot, fair enough. Big fat meh to the rest. A lot of watered-down middle-of-the-road oxegen-reject indie blandness.

Still lots to be excited about overall though!

Snarky Snark Snark

Bootsy. wrote: »
    After all that anticipation, that was a big let down for me.

bjw3zlt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

There's only a few must sees for me but that just makes me wander about more and discover more acts I normally wouldn't see

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement