Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Last year we paid (each) €160 for the ticket, €15 for the caravan pass, €25 for hire of the caravan, so €200 total.

This year it's €165 (inc fee) for ticket, €110 for the podpad (6 of us in a bellepad)
    so €275 total.

I'd happily pay the extra €25 a night not to have the 25-30min walk to and from the campervan site, and the long queues into the main site.
    Add in better toilets, free charging facilities, beds, separate bar etc and it's a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm with you andreac! Something as simple as no/small queues for toilets, no tripping over randomly pitched tents, being able to leave your chair outside your tent and it not getting robbed and just the general respect people have for each other and their surroundings is completely worth it. We were in podpads so did spend more than 250, but it was 100% worth it. And my bed was off the ground- lifesaver on Saturday night!

I stayed in Silk Road in a bell tent. It wasn't as pricey as the pod pads but was definitely worth it... Blow up beds/ blankets/ pillows/ carpet/ rugs etc. The Lap of luxury! I'd highly recommend it. Don't think I could ever go back to your standard camping again... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sheog wrote: »
    I stayed in Silk Road in a bell tent. It wasn't as pricey as the pod pads but was definitely worth it... Blow up beds/ blankets/ pillows/ carpet/ rugs etc. The Lap of luxury! I'd highly recommend it. Don't think I could ever go back to your standard camping again... :)

fancypants.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

My only decision would be where to vomit:)

My only decision would be where to vomit:)

Hahahaha... fair enough lads!

I'm putting it down to me being the wrong side of 30!! Just can't cope any more... Even with the 'Fancy Pants' camping, it still took me till Friday to recover! (SOB!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I'm putting it down to me being the wrong side of 30!! Just can't cope any more... Even with the 'Fancy Pants' camping, it still took me till Friday to recover! (SOB!)

I was the same, I stayed in Pink Moon but by sunday night at 12 my body had given up. I could barely drink on sunday and was so tired so my friend and i went to bed around 12.30 when main tents finished and we went to bed. I was still fecked until the following thurs/fri. We stayed up until 6am or so sat morn and until around 7.30am sun morn so my body was just like wtf?? lol.

But now that i feel normal again i cant wait until next year :D

Plus im getting married the weekend before and hoping to have a mini moon at Electric Picnic the weekend after. Trying to get a big gang to go.

Hey i'm 38 and i'll booking Pink Moon, no slumming it for me either

andreac wrote: »
    I was the same, I stayed in Pink Moon but by sunday night at 12 my body had given up. I could barely drink on sunday and was so tired so my friend and i went to bed around 12.30 when main tents finished and we went to bed. I was still fecked until the following thurs/fri. We stayed up until 6am or so sat morn and until around 7.30am sun morn so my body was just like wtf?? lol.

But now that i feel normal again i cant wait until next year :D

Plus im getting married the weekend before and hoping to have a mini moon at Electric Picnic the weekend after. Trying to get a big gang to go.

That will be my wife, can't keep up on the drink side of things. Family wedding last year, the next morning she was in bits. We had to drive from Tullamore to dublin to collect the kids, she slept the whole way and then to Laois. I pulled in the car, threw her the kids and was in the local at 12:45:D

I'm lucky i don't get hangovers at all, i think its my super power !

Hey i'm 38 and i'll booking Pink Moon, no slumming it for me either

There better be some tents left for me by the time i get around to booking them :D.
    Wont have the money for another couple of months. :(

There better be some tents left for me by the time i get around to booking them :D.
    Wont have the money for another couple of months. :(

I plan to do it at the weekend, just pay the deposit and the rest in Jan ! I only live 20 min away from the site, i could get home every night if i wanted and at least on monday i'll be home in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sputnick123

I'm 40 in a few weeks and although I have never staying in "fancy camping", i was extra fancy and stayed in the Heritage Golf & Spa the last 5 years m(work paid for).....great and all but away from the buzz and a 20 min journey there and back every day so this year did the campervan and i loved it. I love being able to load up the van with food and booze and no carrying stuff from the car to the tent etc. I know the walk is long and i was wrecked by Sun evening but sticking with the van again next year. Arrived on Thurs evening and had lovely night with bbq, guitar etc before the madness started on Fri.

I'm 40 in a few weeks and although I have never staying in "fancy camping", i was extra fancy and stayed in the Heritage Golf & Spa the last 5 years m(work paid for).....great and all but away from the buzz and a 20 min journey there and back every day so this year did the campervan and i loved it. I love being able to load up the van with food and booze and no carrying stuff from the car to the tent etc. I know the walk is long and i was wrecked by Sun evening but sticking with the van again next year. Arrived on Thurs evening and had lovely night with bbq, guitar etc before the madness started on Fri.

Ah sure that's only 2 miles away from me !

Snarky Snark Snark

As some one in their mid 40s, I love doing the tent thing, it's part of the fun of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

we stayed in a bed and breakfast this year but hated leaving early for taxis etc so have bought a campervan ticket for next year, is it ok? some very negative comments about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Does anybody have any idea how much of a deposit is needed to secure pink moon and when is the balace needed? I assume it's a set percentage across all tents.

Snarky Snark Snark

it's a 50% deposit i think, that's what it asked me to pay anyway

As some one in their mid 40s, I love doing the tent thing, it's part of the fun of the weekend

Sure each to their own I suppose, right? :D

Does anybody have any idea how much of a deposit is needed to secure pink moon and when is the balace needed? I assume it's a set percentage across all tents.

50% then balance 4 weeks before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

4 weeks before Picnic 2016? Ok that's a bonus.

we stayed in a bed and breakfast this year but hated leaving early for taxis etc so have bought a campervan ticket for next year, is it ok? some very negative comments about it.

I loved it. I did think though that there was't enough toilets and skips filled up v quickly but nice crowd there and I did like the convenience of having camper with all booze and food on board. I spent only 50 euro all wkend! Had no issues getting our drink into the arena which helped. The walk didn't bother me....20 mins to main arena. Made up for the drinking and eating crap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Few people mentioned Christy Moore on the 2015 thread as part of their wishlist. Looks like that won't be happening anyway - says he doesn't enjoy playing in front of big crowds any more. Does add 'never say never', though, so...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/music-news/christy-moore-says-he-wont-play-anymore-music-festivals-but-a-new-album-is-on-the-way-31531102.html

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

With the podpads, the other 50% is done in installments, excluding the month directly after you book, and the month before the festival. So if you were to book today, you'd pay the balance in equal chunks November-July. Works out less than €30p.m:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

I didnt even get a loyalty code yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Just contact Ticketmaster support and they'll issue you with one

Irish_rat wrote: »

Emailed Festival republic about 4 times and ended up emailing Ticketmaster and got it straight away. They didn't even ask for proof. I only bought last years ticket online & the rest with cash but still got the code for more than 3 picnics. Go into their website & into help section. Ask a question and once you do that you get an option to contact them via email - only way to do it it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Yeah festivalrepublic are not sending codes yet it seems, maybe down to backlog of email requests. Hopefully they get their act together soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah festivalrepublic are not sending codes yet it seems, maybe down to backlog of email requests. Hopefully they get their act together soon

What difference will it make? If you want to get sorted with a code all you have to do is either ring Ticketmaster or send them an email. I don't know why someone would risk missing out by waiting for festival republic to get their act together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I got mine inside 3 hours earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

BaZmO* wrote: »
    What difference will it make? If you want to get sorted with a code all you have to do is either ring Ticketmaster or send them an email. I don't know why someone would risk missing out by waiting for festival republic to get their act together.
    Already got mine from Ticketmaster, but that is on an email that has a history of 3 purchases.
    I dont think TM are dealing with people sending in alternative proof (pics at ep, wristbands etc) are they?

• Advertisement

Already got mine from Ticketmaster, but that is on an email that has a history of 3 purchases.
    I dont think TM are dealing with people sending in alternative proof (pics at ep, wristbands etc) are they?

They sent me mine no problem. I bought via online last year so they had record of that but cash the years before that and they still gave me my code for 3 or more picnics & i didn't send them proof of the other ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement