Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Ah Lord Jaysus , give the radiohead pony a break

Totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Nightmare stuff at Rock AM in Germany!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Nightmare stuff at Rock AM in Germany!!

Weather/riots/rampaging Visigoths?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Weather/riots/rampaging Visigoths?

Torrential storms and rain! 70 ppl struck by lightning!! Festival cancelled

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/dozens-hospitalised-after-lightning-strikes-at-germanys-rock-am-ring-festival-for-second-year-in-a-a7065191.html

Snarky Snark Snark

Good jaysus that's horrific

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Still, at least they didn't have to hear Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Governor's Ball met the same fate. Two-day fests a theme for the Summer?http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/93984

Snarky Snark Snark

I bloody hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Irish artist Rocstrong has self confirmed (unless I missed him on the lineup)

http://officialrocstrong.com/live-dates/

Snarky Snark Snark

Not heard of him but he looks like he's just taken a mighty kick to the family jewels on his home page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not heard of him but he looks like he's just taken a mighty kick to the family jewels on his home page

one of his songs was used in a Guinness advert iirc

Anyone else been listening to these guys? A very decent debut album that came out on Friday, and I reckon a great Summery addition to EP, a bit Byrds-lite and some great tunes. Any other recommendations for stuff lower down the bill that I wouldn't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Anyone else been listening to these guys? A very decent debut album that came out on Friday, and I reckon a great Summery addition to EP, a bit Byrds-lite and some great tunes. Any other recommendations for stuff lower down the bill that I wouldn't know?

Completely forgot their album came out on Friday! Have them on my list of bands to check out at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fatfrog wrote: »

Any figures on how many goths where struck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Radiohead are not playing. Should be more than obvious. This is more of that "Prodigy/QOTSA" nonsense from a few years ago, it was blind hope and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

There will be a Body and Soul announcement where you might get a Kaytranada, maybe a Grimes, and then another main arena announcement of primarily irish acts: Rocstrong, king Kong company, overhead the albatross, saint sister, etc. Maybe a two door cinema club, maybe God Is An Astronaut. That'll be it.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Radiohead are not playing. Should be more than obvious. This is more of that "Prodigy/QOTSA" nonsense from a few years ago, it was blind hope and nothing else.

No amount of discussion here is going to resolve this. We're just going round in circles. Instead, let's wait and see what happens next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    There will be a Body and Soul announcement where you might get a Kaytranada, maybe a Grimes, and then another main arena announcement of primarily irish acts: Rocstrong, king Kong company, overhead the albatross, saint sister, etc. Maybe a two door cinema club, maybe God Is An Astronaut. That'll be it.

There will still be a few sizeable names yet, I'm not suggesting Radiohead but maybe a few classic eighties acts, one or two more afternoon jobbies. There still has to be a considerable amount of electronic artists to be announced, so acts for Little Big, Rankins Woods, Electric Arena, all these stages had electronic acts headlining at one point during the weekend, Julio Bashmore was a later announcement last year, he headlined the Little Big on Sunday night. So there is at least 3 to 4 more announcements to come.

Edit: got that wrong Bashmore was announced May 21st, but I'm pretty sure there was some biggish names in the third announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

MattD wrote: »
    There will be a Body and Soul announcement where you might get a Kaytranada, maybe a Grimes,

Grimes on the Body and Soul main stage?! Not a hope, she'd be certainly main stage, you could barely get inside the Electric Arena 2012 and she's bigger now. I would love her as an addition though.
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    No amount of discussion here is going to resolve this. We're just going round in circles. Instead, let's wait and see what happens next week.

what odds would you give me that Radiohead won't be added? and odds that they will? we'll create a little betting market lol

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

I didn't go into it last year or the year before but I'm curious to see what the Electric Ireland tent will do this year

• Advertisement

I didn't go into it last year or the year before but I'm curious to see what the Electric Ireland tent will do this year

Some options: http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/90s-favourites-aqua-and-5ive-are-coming-to-dublin-723540.html

****ing hate that tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I hope we might still get Cyndi Lauper for one of the classic eighties acts, she is playing Glastonbury and touring up to July 11th in France there is a break and then she is touring the US from the 10th Sept onwards, so perhaps more dates will be added in Europe.

http://cyndilauper.com/events

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I hope we might still get Cyndi Lauper for one of the classic eighties acts, she is playing Glastonbury and touring up to July 11th in France there is a break and then she is touring the US from the 10th Sept onwards, so perhaps more dates will be added in Europe.

http://cyndilauper.com/events

That'd be great , I will never get sick off the goonies r good enough

Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »

Aqua would at least would have a fine dollop of cheeze charm going for them.

Five are just sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

burn down hopefully.

Snarky Snark Snark

I vainly attempted to get in to see way2limited for ... reasons.

absolutely jammed it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

No no, no no no no....there's no limits! I went to see Maniac in Electric Ireland tent last year and it was squashed outside the tent and wasn't the most enjoyable experience. I wouldn't even bother to see anyone play there again, sure you can't even get into the bleedin' tent & it's usually a cringefest!

Cluster the Electric Ireland tent along with the e-Lites 'arena', that Cocktail Bar travesty, Heineken's cattle pen, and the Just Eat section. Stick it near the fairground. Now you have a mini-Oxegen right in the festival that you can avoid at all costs.

I don't mind sponsorship or branding at all, but these bits are always so crass and lowest-common denominator ****e. Get in the ****ing sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Probably helps pay for acts though. It's a part of the Picnic landscape I don't venture down to so not too bothered, though I passed through there to get to Despacio alright... 'twas grim!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement