Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, fair enough if it has to exist. Just group it all together. I've ranted about the e-lites thing several times in this thread already, but it was a disaster acoustically drowning out most of the smaller Body and Soul tents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

EP usually release a last batch of tickets shortly before the event, are they usually snapped up in minutes can anyone recall? My friend is desperate for a ticket, but don't want to take a chance on getting a last minute ticket.

Went on toutless there and what a messy website! Might end up resorting to the usual 'deal' websites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

EP usually release a last batch of tickets shortly before the event, are they usually snapped up in minutes can anyone recall? My friend is desperate for a ticket, but don't want to take a chance on getting a last minute ticket.

Went on toutless there and what a messy website! Might end up resorting to the usual 'deal' websites!

That's your best bet unless you want to pay way over face value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

How can you use boards and think toutless is a messy website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The only confirmed tickets left to be released are a limited number to Three Mobile customers. How you qualify, etc is to be sent out to customers in the coming weeks as far as I know. No indication as to how many there are, but unless 3 have spent big money securing a huge batch, I doubt it'll be significant.

As for any additional releases close to the event, what you're looking at there are (probably) deposit tickets that were never paid off, unclaimed tickets, failed cards, etc. Again, it wouldn't be likely to be a very significant amount so I would imagine they'd be snapped up in no time at all.

As has been said, Toutless is the only way to unless you want to pay over the odds really. Finding face value tickets anywhere else is usually a matter of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's easy enough to get sorted on Adverts if you have patience. Set up alerts, and report touting ads and gazumping buyers.

Got 3 tickets for face value last year and more the year before, the adverts mods must be sick of seeing my name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think I tried to get into the Electric Ireland tent a few times before for the novelty acts but just end up giving up after 5 minutes from standing outside. It's dangerously packed that place and I just can't be arsed.

I had to ask a scantily clad girl at the e-lites tent thing was it e-lite singles or e-lite cigarettes :pac: Not much time for that or the Heineken place. Although, you can get sushi and a free photo-booth picture thing in the Heineken thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

that heineken place is unreal. perfect location when you're bombing in from the campsite from that first entrace, to one of the tents for a set. loads of staff so not much queue for pints, grab two each and on you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

that heineken place is unreal. perfect location when you're bombing in from the campsite from that first entrace, to one of the tents for a set. loads of staff so not much queue for pints, grab two each and on you go.

Must remember that, not set foot in it at all yet, is it just Heineken they have or is there anything drinkable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Haven't been at EP for 4 years, up until then I was a regular.
    In the meantime I've become a craft beer wanker, was there any craft beer on sale there last year, I think I already know the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Benny, there was a craft beer stall in the middle of the food walkway at the back of the main stage area. Was extended last year to include a small sit-down bar. There was a choice of 7/8 beers, nothing particularly special but a good alternative option. I think it was opposite the German sausage stall and would expect it back this year. Just don't try carrying their beer into the Heineken area. Security refused me entry for having non- Heineken beer. Did me a favour I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

I think Shaggy might turn up at the electric Ireland tent. Was here earlier this year for orchard thieves event and went down a storm. Mr boombastic would get a crowd 😂😂

Snarky Snark Snark

He'd be fun actually but you'd never stand a chance of getting near the tent then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Haven't been at EP for 4 years, up until then I was a regular.
    In the meantime I've become a craft beer wanker, was there any craft beer on sale there last year, I think I already know the answer

Not technically craft beer but Erdinger is available in its various incarnations. You'll also get Cute Hoor which isn't bad, and Orchard Thieves, so more choice than a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Benny, there was a craft beer stall in the middle of the food walkway at the back of the main stage area. Was extended last year to include a small sit-down bar. There was a choice of 7/8 beers, nothing particularly special but a good alternative option. I think it was opposite the German sausage stall and would expect it back this year. Just don't try carrying their beer into the Heineken area. Security refused me entry for having non- Heineken beer. Did me a favour I reckon.

Those craft beers were all Heineken beers.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Those craft beers were all Heineken beers.
    Yeah, that's right, basically corporate craft beer, hence the 'nothing particularly special' line. There was Cute Hoor, Murphys Red, another red beer and others I don't remember. A decent alternative though, and maybe we'll get Lagunitas this year after Heineken bought them out, some tasty beers in their stock.
    84 sleeps to Stradbally!

Snarky Snark Snark

Oi! I am the sleep counter!

Oi! I am the sleep counter!
    Apologies. I probably got it wrong anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Public Service Broadcasting playing a smattering of festivals predominately in the UK with just the one in Italy up until the last weekend in August? Would appear ideal Picnic fare?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there gonna be a boards meetup at EP this year?! We talked about it last year but it never happened. I think it would be cool, there are some funny fcukers posting in this thread. Maybe early Friday eveing at The Salty Dog or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there gonna be a boards meetup at EP this year?! We talked about it last year but it never happened. I think it would be cool, there are some funny fcukers posting in this thread. Maybe early Friday eveing at The Salty Dog or something?

That was what we tried last year .. fail.

I reckon your best bet is main stage in front of the sound desk for Toots (almost certainly on the Sunday afternoon).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

If it's any later than 5pm on the Friday, i'll be an incoherent mess.
    We'd all be wrote off by Sun afternoon sure!

Snarky Snark Snark

hmmm .... meeting unknown randoms from the internets in a dodgy wooded area in deliverance country is such a good idea...

Electric Ireland at 5pm on Friday. Get in early for a possible Shaggy appearance, beat the crowds and set up camp there for the weekend. Failing that burn it down as per the earlier suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

It seems i just nabbed the last two person tent in pink moon. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were available well into August last year? Everything selling out faster and faster now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

It seems i just nabbed the last two person tent in pink moon. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were available well into August last year? Everything selling out faster and faster now

Yeah they were i think. But it's getting more popular each year and more people are recommending it so id say that's why it's booked out earlier this year.
    We are staying in Podpads in one of the Belle tents and nearly all of Podpads is sold out now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Radiohead are not playing. Should be more than obvious. This is more of that "Prodigy/QOTSA" nonsense from a few years ago, it was blind hope and nothing else.

QOTSA have a new album out.. I reckon they're a pudding for the EP this year :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

everlast75 wrote: »
    QOTSA have a new album out.. I reckon they're a pudding for the EP this year :D:D:D

Pearl Jam ? :eek: will not be playing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

threein99 wrote: »
    Pearl Jam ? :eek:

Pearl Jam/Radiohead/QOTSA/Prodigy supergroup!!

*head explodes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

FACT: Most of the bigger names still to be announced for EP are likely electronic music acts

FACT: Aphex Twin has new material coming out

THEREFORE: Mr. James will be the other headline news in the upcoming Radiohead announcement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement