Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

FACT: Most of the bigger names still to be announced for EP are likely electronic music acts

FACT: Aphex Twin has new material coming out

THEREFORE: Mr. James will be the other headline news in the upcoming Radiohead announcement

Man I'd sh1t :eek: my pants if that happened :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well, that's a rather sticky, warm, possibly moist and pungent image that none of us need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really liking Wolf Alice at the moment, their 90's indie-rock sound really appeals to my inner teenager!! ;)

Seen their set from Glastonbury last year thought they were just ok at the time, but really starting to grow on me.

https://youtu.be/8UAQN61YhV4

If I remember correctly, the boards meet up didn't really happen last year due to (what felt like) the entire EP trying to see BBB in other voices. I've never seen the forest paths so jammed.

Edit:speaking of BBB where is Mince pie these days??

Theres yer next headliner for the Picnic, Primal Scream, they had to pull out of Sea Sessions as Gillespie fell off the stage at a gig in Switzerland and injured himself. They cancelled all the rest of their gigs for June and won't start touring again till mid-August. :pac:

• Advertisement

Haven't been at EP for 4 years, up until then I was a regular.
    In the meantime I've become a craft beer wanker, was there any craft beer on sale there last year, I think I already know the answer

Errrr ya go.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Errrr ya go.....

Heineken's finest! :pac:

At least they're trying...

Although, shaving off 16 ml of the mystery brew... Those monsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

12 weeks to go! Hoping Aphex Twin will be added to the line-up :)

Snarky Snark Snark

they had to pull out of Sea Sessions as Gillespie fell off the stage at a gig in Switzerland and injured himself.

I assume that his rocks fell off?

Snarky Snark Snark

12 weeks to go! Hoping Aphex Twin will be added to the line-up :)

84 sleeps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Eco Campsite Loyalty Registration emails have been sent out for anyone that's been before and is looking to register in advance of the rush.

Forms need to be returned by this coming Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Really liking Wolf Alice at the moment, their 90's indie-rock sound really appeals to my inner teenager!! ;)

Seen their set from Glastonbury last year thought they were just ok at the time, but really starting to grow on me.

https://youtu.be/8UAQN61YhV4

Really good band

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yet more grim reading. And plenty of rain predicted for Glasto. However, can we all just make a deal and agree that Stradbally will have an Indian Summer?

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/16/160610f.shtml

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yet more grim reading. And plenty of rain predicted for Glasto. However, can we all just make a deal and agree that Stradbally will have an Indian Summer?

Feck sake EP is over two months after that, yes there is some rain in the summer and autumn, but EP has a fairly good record of pretty decent weather although it can get cold at night.

Feck sake EP is over two months after that, yes there is some rain in the summer and autumn, but EP has a fairly good record of pretty decent weather although it can get cold at night.
    Wasn't that my point?

Wasn't that my point?

Yeah just realised now doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Wasn't that my point?

What was the point in saying it at all?

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Wasn't that my point?

What was the point in saying it at all?
    Spreading optimism and good vibes man. Other fests may struggle, but we'll be ok at EP.

I don't think Aphex Twin will be in this line up, he hasn't toured since 2012 and there seems to be no rumblings from Warp, Rephlex or any of the Aphex Twin forums about him playing a set of gigs although he has released an album and three eps.. Around the time Syro was released he did express an interest in playing live proper with his synthesizers and Weirdcore on the visuals, he was interested in doing an installation show where he would be in a booth at the back or the middle of the venue. I think it was the Oor interview from 2014 he mentioned this.

I was tickling the Electric Picnic thread there with my cursor, did anyone feel it. :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

If I remember correctly, the boards meet up didn't really happen last year due to (what felt like) the entire EP trying to see BBB in other voices. I've never seen the forest paths so jammed.

Hello! Still lurking but not posting as much cos cant doss in work like I used to with new position and all. Also plenty of Glastobating at the moment. Once thats over I will be in full EP mode.

I think we should try again for the meet up but wait for line up for the Friday so we're not massively clashing with something like BBB.

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Hello! Still lurking but not posting as much cos cant doss in work like I used to with new position and all. Also plenty of Glastobating at the moment. Once thats over I will be in full EP mode.

I think we should try again for the meet up but wait for line up for the Friday so we're not massively clashing with something like BBB.

Maybe some of us should pm some mobile numbers this time, I've Pablo's number as I was texting him the tent colours in the arena when I was working pre festival so he could put the arena map together. That way we are guaranteed to be able to keep in touch. Have met a few boardsies before, Ferris being one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Maybe some of us should pm some mobile numbers this time, I've Pablo's number as I was texting him the tent colours in the arena when I was working pre festival so he could put the arena map together. That way we are guaranteed to be able to keep in touch. Have met a few boardsies before, Ferris being one. :)

Whatsapp group??

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Whatsapp group??

Thats an idea now.

For the last main announcement let's hope we're spared The Avalanches. Caught them at Field Day at the weekend and they utterly butchered their legacy. Just the two guys (or their cousins? or neighbours) pressing the play button on what seemed to be their second rate world music collection. Bits of salsa, bits of East African drumming, some NuYorican soul and clips of the first album. The mixing was indescribably poor. I'd heard bad reports from Primavera but didn't expect this to be my 2016 lowpoint. No stage show to speak off. Is that too much to expect from guys who effectively twiddle their thumbs for an hour? Jon Hopkins truly set the bar high last year.
    They cut Frontier Psychiatrist off halfway through and didn't really seem to know what they were doing. Kinda like a piggy-handed version of your local pub DJ. If you live in Leitrim. One to avoid.

Blossoms on the other hand killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah heard many bad reports of their Field Day show. They need to bring back Dexter.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

For the last main announcement let's hope we're spared The Avalanches. Caught them at Field Day at the weekend and they utterly butchered their legacy. Just the two guys (or their cousins? or neighbours) pressing the play button on what seemed to be their second rate world music collection. Bits of salsa, bits of East African drumming, some NuYorican soul and clips of the first album. The mixing was indescribably poor. I'd heard bad reports from Primavera but didn't expect this to be my 2016 lowpoint. No stage show to speak off. Is that too much to expect from guys who effectively twiddle their thumbs for an hour? Jon Hopkins truly set the bar high last year.
    They cut Frontier Psychiatrist off halfway through and didn't really seem to know what they were doing. Kinda like a piggy-handed version of your local pub DJ. If you live in Leitrim. One to avoid.

Blossoms on the other hand are worth a look in Stradbally.

Crushed :-/

Tago Mago wrote: »

Blossoms on the other hand are worth a look in Stradbally.

Crushed :-/
    If they turn up in Stradbally and you have twelve pints in you it may be the set of your life. All about perspective. And sobriety.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

If they turn up in Stradbally and you have twelve pints in you it may be the set of your life. All about perspective. And sobriety.

I'll aim to be suitably debauched should it come to pass....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

So, today's the day Radiohead are announced?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement