Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

79 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So, today's the day Radiohead are announced?
    About 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    About 4pm.

ah here now you have me believing it again

About 4pm.

ah here now you have me believing it again
    Less confident than before, but still hopeful. They'll announce more dates, as promised, but it's not looking like this week. They've got all the streaming an record store stuff going on today. Maybe some announcements for festivals next week, but if not by the end of June then I'll officially give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

More chance of Garth Brooks been announced now...............ahem!!!

• Advertisement

More chance of Garth Brooks been announced now...............ahem!!!
    As headliner, or sub-headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

A duet with Thom perhaps :D

A duet with Thom perhaps :D
    If Carlsberg did music fests.......

With Thom in a ten-gallon?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 G.Ames

I'm exited what will come next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Take it for what its worth(Probably nothing tbh) but have been told to expect Madness , ZZ Top , Bastille , and M83 in the next line up announcement which Ive been told is coming Friday the 1st of July .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ZZ Top are playing in the US that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

The Coral , Modeselektor , Gaz Coombes , M83 , Royal Blood still on my wish list.
    Also, as I'm too old to go to the Winterparty Sven Vath or Hot Since 82 would be great, or Dubfire live. ����

Any other wishes out there that don't include Thom Yorke and his band ��

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Any other wishes out there that don't include Thom Yorke and his band

I really like these guys, would probably be a good fit for the Picnic.

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Any other wishes out there that don't include Thom Yorke and his band

I really like these guys, would probably be a good fit for the Picnic.

Played there in 2007 doing the Pink Floyd Dub Side of the Moon set. I don't think they've done the OK Computer set there but I might be wrong.

Can we bring back Tradiohead also?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

After hearing a piece of news tonight, not sure if it has been said here already.

New order are only playing other voices stage, they turned down the opportunity of playing main stage, etc. They only want to play an intimate gig.

I'm inclined to believe source as they do know their way round the industry.

Been looking at the lineup for past 4/5 EP's, the top headlining 20 or so bands.

Unless the lineup seriously improves, I am really considering selling my tickets. And for me to say that is nigh sacrilegious.

From the likes of Chic, Robert Plant, Blur, Bjork, Artics, Arcade Fire..... I could keep going..... And that is not mentioning any of the smaller or older bands that were absolutely fantastic.

I don't drink, so I don't go to party. I want to be having nervous breakdowns over bands clashing.

There isn't a single band I can't wait to see.
    At the moment I'm taking all of your suggestion on board.

This delay in the final announcements is really, really starting to annoy me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    After hearing a piece of news tonight, not sure if it has been said here already.

New order are only playing other voices stage, they turned down the opportunity of playing main stage, etc. They only want to play an intimate gig.

Not your stereotypical Other Voices act would have thought. Also would assume it'd be a stipulation of their contract they'd have to play one of the bigger stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Been looking at the lineup for past 4/5 EP's, the top headlining 20 or so bands.

Unless the lineup seriously improves, I am really considering selling my tickets. And for me to say that is nigh sacrilegious.

From the likes of Chic, Robert Plant, Blur, Bjork, Artics, Arcade Fire..... I could keep going..... And that is not mentioning any of the smaller or older bands that were absolutely fantastic.

I don't drink, so I don't go to party. I want to be having nervous breakdowns over bands clashing.

This delay in the final announcements is really, really starting to annoy me now.

Have to agree. the line up this year (particularly headliners) doesn't excite me much. In a summer when Radiohead, PJ Harvey, Massive Attack and Brian Wilson are touring, the EP bookers seem to have been asleep at the wheel if they haven't nabbed any of them!

joinme wrote: »
    Have to agree. the line up this year (particularly headliners) doesn't excite me much. In a summer when Radiohead, PJ Harvey, Massive Attack and Brian Wilson are touring, the EP bookers seem to have been asleep at the wheel if they haven't nabbed any of them!

As well as losing out on mid level acts to other Irish festivals. EP should really be getting first dibs which doesn't seem to have been the case.

Then again it could be all down to individual taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Then again it could be all down to individual taste!

That is the worrying part. If the EP bookers have a preference for Lana Del Ray and Noel Gallagher over PJ and Radiohead then its not the festival for me anymore.

or maybe they tried and for various reasons (money, timing) they just couldn't get the deal done.

either way, disappointing line up ... so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I saw New Order just last night at Sonar. Big show with visuals, lights etc. Nothing intimate about it. Would be very surprised if that was any different for EP.
    They were good, would recommend.

"Oh, you've got blue eyes...".

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I saw New Order just last night at Sonar. Big show with visuals, lights etc. Nothing intimate about it. Would be very surprised if that was any different for EP.

Any sign of "Love will tear you apart"?

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Any sign of "Love will tear us apart"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Tago Mago wrote: »

Any sign of "Love will tear us apart"?

Yip. Full setlist here if interested:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/new-order/2016/fira-de-barcelona-gran-via-lhospitalet-de-llobregat-spain-13fe690d.html

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Absolute balderdash

H8GHOTI wrote:
    I saw New Order just last night at Sonar. Big show with visuals, lights etc. Nothing intimate about it. Would be very surprised if that was any different for EP. They were good, would recommend.

I agree with you. It would be seriously odd for them.

Only for who said I would be taking it with a pinch of salt.

Going back to 90s bands.

The Stunning being announced and playing would make me the happiest person alive.

Only seen them once before at the Feile (I think it was first one) and they were one of best gigs I've even seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

There is no delay in final announcements though. There is always a lineup announcement in July, in recent years its been after Longitude. And I think there has been announcements as late as August. The announcements will start to come thick and fast over next few weeks. Trailer Park. Gerry Fish. CASA. Red Bull. Comedy. Body and Soul. Minefields. Woods etc. On top of the main lineup. Lots to come.

• Advertisement

Logically I know that.

I just want to hear a band announced that has me as giddy as a 14 year after her first kiss. And that has me jumping up on down on spot squealing at levels beyond human hearing ..... 

Saw la galaxie last night. Boy were they good. I missed them at EP, cos time they were playing I was four steps beyond exhausted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement