Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    New order are only playing other voices stage, they turned down the opportunity of playing main stage, etc. They only want to play an intimate gig.

that would make absolutely zero sense, they're not going to be a cheap band, bookers would want to make sure they get the most bang for their booking, sticking them in a tent/box with 200 people would be insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Booking New Order for Other Voices only would probably violate several health and safety laws too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

MJohnston wrote: »
    Booking New Order for Other Voices only would probably violate several health and safety laws too!

Le Galaxie play both Other Voices and a main gig regularly - I think it'll be the same for New Order

everlast75 wrote: »
    Le Galaxie play both Other Voices and a main gig regularly - I think it'll be the same for New Order

I said "Other Voices only" - which is what was alluded to above. There's a big difference between the two!

Snarky Snark Snark

Barney not house trained yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    H8GHOTI wrote:
    I saw New Order just last night at Sonar. Big show with visuals, lights etc. Nothing intimate about it. Would be very surprised if that was any different for EP. They were good, would recommend.

I agree with you. It would be seriously odd for them.

Only for who said I would be taking it with a pinch of salt.

Possibly crossed wires. Rather than Other Voices there's a fair chance that New Order have asked to headline the Electric Arena rather than be a sub-headliner on the main stage. MBV did that in 2008 when their fee was reputedly the highest of the weekend.

Possibly could do Other Voices as a second set but as another poster said that could be seriously dangerous (mainly cos of Barney's rabies).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,708 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I said "Other Voices only" - which is what was alluded to above. There's a big difference between the two!

Indeed- and the person you heard it from might have easily misheard it. my point is it is more likely both

Not that its a zero sum game but I'd much rather they got SFA to do another karaoke roulette thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

everlast75 wrote:
    Indeed- and the person you heard it from might have easily misheard it. my point is it is more likely both

And from what I understood, he was talking to one of the members in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not that its a zero sum game but I'd much rather they got SFA to do another karaoke roulette thing!
    Was that good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Change of topic, but does anyone know if you can choose what car park you stay in? We're thinking driving is an option this year, but only if we can park at the paintball entrance (close to podpads!)

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Change of topic, but does anyone know if you can choose what car park you stay in? We're thinking driving is an option this year, but only if we can park at the paintball entrance (close to podpads!)

No. You can try and game the system by arriving at a particular time and from a particular direction but the parking system is generally manned by the least helpful of all the event staff (shruggers, I suppose you could generously call them) and they have their traffic management plan and will stick to it.

Last year, for example, the Gards or some organisers decided to route all car park traffic down a very narrow lane. The staff in the car park were sending exiting traffic back up the same narrow lane. Absolutely zero communication between the two groups (this is usually the cause of most EP related queues, nobody communicating correctly).

Paintball entrance is closest to what is usually the Green Car Park, but the traffic management plan tends to bring you down past the Red car parks first.

Anyway, I guess my point would be that it's massively random as to which car park you'll end up in, and your best bet for getting where you want to be is to either (a) arrive as early as possible or (b) wait until Saturday afternoon and look for some of the spots that will have been vacated by early leavers, then move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

It depends what direction you come in. I have come in the direction both times ive been, to specifically bring me to the Green car park, and it was always fine. We were there early enough though on the Friday so there was still loads of room in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

So many scabs on the usual sites selling tickets for €300/€350! Nigh on impossible to bargain with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So many scabs on the usual sites selling tickets for €300/€350! Nigh on impossible to bargain with them.

Play the waiting game to closer to the time and check toutless now scabby sites for tickets. People tend to have to drop out for genuine reasons closer to the time or cos weather isnt great.

This weekend there was a plethora of tickets for B&S going cos of forecast I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yes, but you'll need to plan your approach route.

If you are on the M7 and just follow the signs for EP, you'll end in the red car park, but if you get off earlier (I think it's the Athy exit?) and head for Stradbally village, you should come at it from the other side and end up in green.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yes, but you'll need to plan your approach route.

If you are on the M7 and just follow the signs for EP, you'll end in the red car park, but if you get off earlier (I think it's the Athy exit?) and head for Stradbally village, you should come at it from the other side and end up in green.

Done the latter last year and ended up in green car park and had to trek with all the gear to Eco camping, which is beside the other entrance at the red car park. Camping in Eco again so going to do my best to get into the red car park

Thanks everyone :D still a bit to work out but it's def cleared things up! We ended up being left at the entrance furthest from the Pod Pads last year and it was unbearable!

Thanks everyone :D still a bit to work out but it's def cleared things up! We ended up being left at the entrance furthest from the Pod Pads last year and it was unbearable!

Which direction are you coming from? We cut across back roads from Monasterevin which brought us in to Stradbally and to the Green Car Park.

Was handy enough and not too much traffic until you were just coming in to Stradbally. It brought you in the R427 if you want to look on google maps. It was part of the Tour de Picnic route too so met loads of the cyclists.
    When you came in to the main street, you turned right and went out the road a little and green car park on your left then.

andreac wrote: »
    Which direction are you coming from? We cut across back roads from Monasterevin which brought us in to Stradbally and to the Green Car Park.

Was handy enough and not too much traffic until you were just coming in to Stradbally. It brought you in the R427 if you want to look on google maps. It was part of the Tour de Picnic route too so met loads of the cyclists.
    When you came in to the main street, you turned right and went out the road a little and green car park on your left then.

Thanks Andrea! Would be going M1, M50, N/M7... Google Maps telling me to take exit 15 and follow the R427 to the paintball!

• Advertisement

Thanks Andrea! Would be going M1, M50, N/M7... Google Maps telling me to take exit 15 and follow the R427 to the paintball!

Nah, you'll get routed into the traffic management system going that way, and probably end up in the Red Car parks. Come from the south, or via Athy, I think.

Head towards Monasterevin then from there, don't continue down the M7, as MJohnston said.
    If you go in to Monasterevin then head out the R417 (turn at the Texaco garage) towards Kildangan then take the R427 towards Vicarstown and stay on that road to Stradbally.

Super thanks :) wont be long now before we'd have to start booking taxis, etc so good to get this out of the way :pac:

Snarky Snark Snark

FYI, the aldi weekly mail shot is full of camping/festival bits and bobs if people are getting their gear together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

went pink moon the past 2 years and really enjoyed it,
    noticed today the 2 man tests are sold out. if anyone
    knows anyone who has one who can't go now etc can
    you please pm me and let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There's 2 man rainbow tipis still available. Were the tents much cheaper?

Snarky Snark Snark

They did bump their prices since last year, it was 250 last year for the two man tipi, so a 10% jump, the standard two man was 175 last year and I got it at that price for this year as I put the deposit down at the same time as I got my ticket for the festival, not sure what their price jump on those was this year.

Synode wrote: »
    There's 2 man rainbow tipis still available. Were the tents much cheaper?

think they were cheaper but would rather the normal tent and also to be
    in that area where the tents are.

srm23 wrote: »
    went pink moon the past 2 years and really enjoyed it,
    noticed today the 2 man tests are sold out. if anyone
    knows anyone who has one who can't go now etc can
    you please pm me and let me know

actually ive just gone and booked the rainbow tipi ( with inflatable matress for first time :P) so ignore my previous message!

• Advertisement

srm23 wrote: »
    actually ive just gone and booked the rainbow tipi ( with inflatable matress for first time :P) so ignore my previous message!

We stayed in them last year. They are quite good, lots of room for 2 people in them and you can stand up etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement