Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2016 // **Discussion Only / NO Ticket Sales / Requests** //

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It would be nice to get Madness again, just warched a bit of their Glasto set, great fun.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I'm not a huge fan but James were great. Could do a decent set at EP and there's a gap in their tour.
    Blossoms entertaining. Looking forward to them.
    Squeeze have Friday free and likely when the Vicar St gigs sell out.

Sigur Ros always welcome back.

New Order tonight & LCD tomorrow will get the Stradbally saliva flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

It would be nice to get Madness again, just warched a bit of their Glasto set, great fun.

Can never go wrong with madness....especially early evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Wow have you seen the crowd Wolf Alice pulled at the pyramid stage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

New Order are gonna be great craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Okay, was not pushed having New Order on the line up...until I watched that Glasto set.

Serious craic

And aren't Mercury Rev long overdue a return? Superb in 2005 and sounded great at the Park Stage tonight.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And aren't Mercury Rev long overdue a return? Superb in 2005 and sounded great at the Park Stage tonight.

Just played Body & Soul festival last week so thats probably their Irish visit for the year anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They were in button factory not too long ago and were nabbed by b&s

Their set was great

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

NEW ORDER ���� For those botching and moaning check out there set tonight at Glastonbury. Great stuff. Cannot wait to see them at EP

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Just played Body & Soul festival last week so thats probably their Irish visit for the year anyways.
    Ah, didn't know that. Am really surprised EP didn't get in there first. And from what I've seen there's rarely any crossover between the two fests. Don't know who else to hope for. Thurston Moore? Grandaddy after their Vicar St gig? Chuck Prophet?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

How good are elo? Imagine a Sunday afternoon at ep listening to those hits in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

declanleo wrote: »
    How good are elo? Imagine a Sunday afternoon at ep listening to those hits in the sun

Flawless in fairness!

Id like to go Whiley on Jo!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The small bit I saw of lcd soundsystem was brilliant on Glastonbury

Grimes is a live animal!! Jeez compared to her Kexp performance where she just sat on the floor!

Anyone catch the LCD stream? Flawless for the full 90 min, kept the crowd going despite the rain and finished with five bangers. Dance Yerself Clean was phenomenal but no Bowie or Prince covers (only Coachella seems to have got those). They're going to storm Stradbally.

Counting the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Apparently Red Bull are looking after 2 areas this year. The main area will be in the arena, They are also looking after the woods. The woods will be local DJ's. The arena will have international DJs.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Apparently Red Bull are looking after 2 areas this year. The main area will be in the arena, They are also looking after the woods. The woods will be local DJ's. The arena will have international DJs.

whereabouts in the arena I wonder? does that mean a bit of a reshuffle of the site maybe:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

whereabouts in the arena I wonder? does that mean a bit of a reshuffle of the site maybe:confused:

Could be where the Despacio tent was last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Grimes is a live animal!! Jeez compared to her Kexp performance where she just sat on the floor!

She was only average last time I saw her at EP. Think she had lost all her gear though which made things a bit difficult.

Pink Moon 2 man tent back on sale 195euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Effects wrote: »
    Fatfrog wrote: »

She was only average last time I saw her at EP. Think she had lost all her gear though which made things a bit difficult.
    She was brilliant at the Olympia despite being electrocuted by her gear repeatedly.

Pink Moon 2 man tent back on sale 195euro

aaand its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Any idea when the times/days are announced? Want to know which day ticket to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Any idea when the times/days are announced? Want to know which day ticket to get.

Eh, you are joking right?

You can only buy the one day ticket and thats Sunday, they sold out long ago, otherwise if you want to do Friday or Saturday it has to be a weekend ticket and they are also sold out for a long time too, check toutless or donedeal.

Watching some recorded Glasto coverage, I see the lead singer obviously had his hair cut off at a house party ;):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I saw LCD and Wolf Alice at Glastonbury and I can confirm that both were awesome. Wolf Alice pulled a huge crowd to the pyramid stage and rightly so imo. LCD were on a nother level though, those few days really gave me a taste for picnic. I just wish it wasn't so far away.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    I saw LCD and Wolf Alice at Glastonbury and I can confirm that both were awesome. Wolf Alice pulled a huge crowd to the pyramid stage and rightly so imo. LCD were on a nother level though, those few days really gave me a taste for picnic. I just wish it wasn't so far away.

Welcome back to normality!! I'd say the horror is firmly setting in!!

Yea noticed the wolf Alice crowd on TV, it'll be mayhem if they don't play the main stage at the EP!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement